Your Email Address:

First Name:

First time talking about this!!

Tell us your story with bad breath
Laka

Post by Laka »

Tell me about it I am pretty bummed out myself right now.. Depressed about messing up a potentially great situation with someone I really, REALLY liked because I was so introverted and self conscious about this bb problem and getting close. It messes up your whole personality ](*,) Unbelievable, just un-f***-believable.. :cry:

Do try the vit c, maybe also try the toothpaste with baking soda.. Although I'm not "cured" it has helped immensely at times..! \:D/ Better than Thera Breath!

tocute4this

Post by tocute4this »

Hello fellow BBH members,

I suffer from chronic sinusitis and I believe my bad breath is coming from my nose and mouth. Over the last few years I've went from mild bb to extremely bad breath. It's so bad I believe people can smell it 8-10 feet away. If I'm sitting in a small confined area everyone there can smell my stinky bb; especially in elevators, planes, meetings, classrooms, and etc...It's so bad that people offer me gum right after I brush my teeth. That's when your breath is the freshest!

Now, I must say my ex-bf had no problem telling me my breath stinks; only because he understood I had extremely good hygiene and my bb wasn’t due to poor hygiene. Also, he had no problem addressing the issue with others. He constantly cracked jokes about it; believe it or not it made me feel better. He actually made me feel comfortable about talking about it with my Mom. However, she has a disorder which affects her ability to smell. So, I can’t ask her what my breath smells like, and I really need to know how my breath smells to others.

Also, my current bf has said nothing about it at all. It's driving me nuts. He just sits there and takes it over the chin. I don't want to ask him in fear he might lie to protect my feelings. I have known him for 6 years now and he hasn't said a word about bb yet.

How do I find out what my breath smells like without embarrassing myself and others? Who is the best person to ask other than the bf?
Phoenix
Total Newbie

Re: Still alive...

Post by Phoenix »

Laka wrote:Hello - no I am not dead and my bb has gotten better but I would definitely not say I am cured...
Lolalola - I know exactly how you feel. People would ask me why I bring such a big purse and there can't be that many things I need to go clubbing (while they had their tiny little purses with them). I would feel so stupid when I'd be brushing my teeth and rinsing, doing the whole procedure which would take a little while and people would start knocking on the door.
I must say though, I tried the vitamin c and it has helped immensely!! I don't know if you are located in the States but I use AIM toothpaste with baking soda (available at 99 cent store) and afterwards gargle with salt mouthwash from 99 cent store. I use both the regular and sugar free vit c from GNC - sometimes I feel like the sugar free isn't working as good anymore and I'll take one with sugar which is then more effective. Do you still have your tonsils? I really want to get mine out, I feel like there is some odor there when a tonsil stone comes.. TB helped with the tonsil stones but so does the salt mouthwash.. I do have to brush 3 times a day to keep the breath fresh and take the vit c regularly. Have you tried it? TB only helped for about 3 hours for me and it was so annoying to have to try to find a place to do the whole procedure without being disturbed.. ](*,)
I am still very self conscious about my breath though.. Sometimes I feel like I don't have bb but I can't say for sure.. Sometimes I can talk to people up close and they'll lean in close and listens, sometimes I feel like they back up.. And like, I am too embarrassed to ask someone if I have bb. Plus, if I did I feel like they wouldn't really tell me the truth anyways. But honestly, the vit c has really really helped..!!
Hi Laka, what brand of Vitamin C are you taking exactly? I am located in the States too. I have been taking EMERGEN-C...it's Vitamin C plus a lot of other stuff...it is powder dissolved in water. I have my doubts about how effective it is...it seems just like Gatorade or something. I figured the powder is better since your body does not have to produce acid to break down a pill...but if you say a particular brand of pills is working, then I'm in! Thanks and good luck!
Laka

Post by Laka »

Hi Phoenix,
I know Emergen-C; doesn't help! I use the sugar free vitamin C chewable (cherry flavor) available at GNC stores. Also, I use the ones with sugar too (also chewables). I feel like alternating them increases the effectiveness. Try to use more sugar free than the ones with sugar though (not because of the calories, but because as we know sugar can make bb worse too.. But somehow (for me), alternating them really maximizes the effect).
I get the AIM toothpaste with baking soda(!) at the 99 cent store as well as the salt water mouthwash (- helpful against tonsil stones). With the baking soda toothpaste and the vit c I am sometimes even bb free!
Also remember, don't actually chew the vit c, let it dissolve on your tongue. I let it roll around and also let it dissolve on the back of the tongue.. Hope this helps!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic