Your Email Address:

First Name:

MeBO Research Testing

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
baguio
Advanced

MeBO Research Testing

Post by baguio »

Just wanted to encourage everyone on here to participate in this study. Two of us have tested so far and whilst there have been points of interest identified already, the power of this study will increase as further testing is carried out. A good number of results are needed in order to analyse and determine common elements in the results.

Its not cheap - but think of all the $€£ you've probably spent on dentists/doctors/potions, etc that didnt fix the problem over the years. This testing gives us truly comparable results - not based on hunches but on a common baseline. If we are to find a solution to this problem, its much more likely to happen via this route.

A lot of progress has been made in the last couple of years in terms of us getting organised. Between forums, maria's blog and mebo research (courtesy of maria again!), we stand every chance of finding a solution.

You should also note that you don't just get the results and thats an end to it. Maria has enlisted the assistance of someone from the medical research community to analyse results.

This is a great opportunity - make use of it!

Most recent info on the second testers results on Maria's blog here => http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitosis.com/

baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

Feedback on the third testers results are now availablehere

Only 3 tests done and it seems like potential causes are being uncovered already. Therefore, I couldn't encourage people enough to participate as with more results, we get a clearer picture.
ElGrizzle
Advanced

Post by ElGrizzle »

this is interesting
joe1
Junior

Post by joe1 »

nice things here!! im willing to help in any way. what should I do?
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

joe1 wrote:nice things here!! im willing to help in any way. what should I do?
Hi Joe. Where are you located?
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

This is great Baguio.

I`m interested in having tested. Should I send them a DNA or blood sample? I`m from southeast asia.
How much does it cost?
Thanks.
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

Sorry JC - don't think this is going to work for you right now. Testing lab is in London! For those of you in the US, there are plans to setup a similar arrangement stateside - although this is just in the planning stage.

All the details are on maria's blog.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

I e-mailed Maria Dela Torre of Me BO about international testing & she said they accept them as long their requirements will be met. I have contacted someone who will extract the blood sample & my only problem right now is a reliable shipping company that will deliver the blood sample to their lab on time. The required time for blood samples is 48 hours before they go bad. To those who are interested in having tested the infos are on Baguio`s link above.
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

jc wrote:my only problem right now is a reliable shipping company that will deliver the blood sample to their lab on time. The required time for blood samples is 48 hours before they go bad. To those who are interested in having tested the infos are on Baguio`s link above.
Hi JC. I hope you overcome the problem of getting the sample in on time. Would be great to get a fourth set of results. Anybody else interested?

The more results we have, the better chance we have of seeing some correlations that might lead to a solution.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Maria told me that the gut fermentation test, gut permeability profile & indicans can still be tested after 4 days so I will proceed with the test.

Fedex can bring the blood sample to the MeBO lab in 3 days but they require a certification from the hospital that will perform the blood extraction. The hospital will do a blood screening that will take 1 day before they can certify it. All in all, the shipping would take at least 4 days.

Like Baguio, I`m also looking forward to seeing a correlation among our tests. Let`s support Maria & MeBO.

http://www.biolab.co.uk/gut.html
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

That is not fair at all,

I just went to their website and they had all of the stuff about aldehydes chemicals in bb I found 1 year ago.

It means two things, they either copied my work, or I just did 10 peoples job alone to find that stuff. Whatever the case, I hope they do some more research on it.

oh, n tnx for letting us know, I might also try to send mine.
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

wnaysha wrote:That is not fair at all,

I just went to their website and they had all of the stuff about aldehydes chemicals in bb I found 1 year ago.

It means two things, they either copied my work, or I just did 10 peoples job alone to find that stuff. Whatever the case, I hope they do some more research on it.

oh, n tnx for letting us know, I might also try to send mine.
I'm sure you'll agree, it doesn't really matter how we get to the solution stage - just that we get there (or do all that we can do to get there).
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

Summary of fourth testers results published here.

Its interesting to note that some issue has been uncovered for 3 out of 4 testers so far. If that doesnt give you all the motivation to participate, i'm not sure what will!

Remember, the bigger the sampling of results we have, the clearer the picture becomes.
mpdela
Total Newbie

Post by mpdela »

Hi wnaysha,

Here’s where I found info on Aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH) enzyme. http://www.psc.edu/science/hempel.html I had done a post on December 28, 2008 entitled, ‘Festive drinking and metabolic body odor : For those ‘intolerant’ that further elaborates on the breakdown of ethanol --> acetaldehyde --> acetate. I suppose that I should have written the same link on this year’s post in my blog, ‘Vacationing and partying on this 2009 holiday season : What to drink?’ http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... -this.html I’ll do that now. I customarily do like to show my sources, I must have forgotten.

That’s great that you had posted about it a year ago. It would be great to share more information on this as it becomes available.

Have a happy holiday!

Maria
mpdela
Total Newbie

Post by mpdela »

Hi baguio,

Of the 4 testers whose results have already come in, 3 showed higher than normal levels of gut permeability, and one showed slightly lower than normal levels. It is too early to arrive at any conclusions with only 4 testers. However, all testers do show some type of dysfunctionality of the gut semi-permeable wall.

This really only raises more questions than provides answers, though it does give us a sense of direction as to where we can turn to for research.

It might be a little more obvious in the case of higher than normal levels of gut permeability (leaky gut), that larger molecules that should not be passing through to the blood stream are passing through, and then the body has to break them down before it is released in the breath, sweat, urine, etc.

But in the case of lower than normal levels of gut permeability, there is less than normal molecule levels passing through.

Then the following questions (and many more) could be raised:

What caused this semi-permeable wall to be abnormal? Once we know that, perhaps we can find a way to fix it.

If too many or too little molecules pass through the gut semi-permeable wall and go into the blood, what effects does that have on the stress levels and stress mechanism of the body? Could this stress mechanisms produce odor?

Could these abnormal levels cause an imbalance of vitamins/minerals or other nutrients which result in a chain of events in the body producing odor?

Then we still go back to the same old question of the metabolic enzymes...

NOTE: I am not an expert, and these are just my questions. MeBO's expert overseeing this Gut Dysbiosis Study,Dr. Irene Gabashvili, http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... ng%20study , has yet to interpret the results after more results come in from other testers. This is why baguio's recommendations of more people testing is a good idea, so that we can get better direction to researching the cause of bad breath and body odor.

We are now waiting for the 5th tester's results. This person did a 'full case study' involving 10 tests. It was more expensive, but we're still hoping to get direction from the results.

Thanks for posting about this, baguio.

Have a great holiday!

María
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic