CURED AFTER 15 YEARS

Tell us your story with bad breath
bbuk

Post by bbuk »

I have just got myself:

Metronidazole 400mg x 21
Metronidazole 200mg x 21
Fluconazole 150mg x14

Not sure whether to take 600mg of the Metronidazole or just 400mg (three times a day for 7days) and save the 200mg for another time. Right now I am likely going to go for the 600mg as up to 800mg should be taken for anaerobic infections.

I guess for Fluconazole it doesnt matter if I take 150mg on the first day instead of 200mg right? Should I take 2x150mg on the first day and buy an extra 150mg capsule to ensure a 14 day course or just stick with 150mg.

Will be interesting to see if this works for me.

I wont be starting the treatment until I have overcome my current cold as I dont want anything to interfere with the effectiveness of the treatment.

Will also be taking acidophilus probiotic, drinking those danone probiotic drinks, sucking some Blis K12 lozenges and eating naturalprobiotic yoghurt.

Will report on outcome probably after xmas.

Pennycillan
Total Newbie

Post by Pennycillan »

WOW, that is a significantly higher dosage than what I took but hey, at least you will be sure. I am dying to know the results. The flagy was prescribed as 3x daily dosage of 250m. I dont even know how you are going to take that.

re: my blood oxygen level
It was a test where I "walked briskly " on a treadmill with this device clasped over my finger, it would take constant readings of my blood oxygen levels and print it right out. your levels should ideally be between 97% and 99. My levels were all over the place from 89 to 94... I have Asthma ....
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Let's get our dosages right here 8)

So you took Fluco 3 times a day?

When I got it prescribed they said only once a day :-k

So, I'm on:

Metro (Flagyl) 400mg, 3 times a day (7 days)
Fluconazol 200mg, Once a day (14 days)

Started Thursday. As you say, what's noticable first is that the breath appears 'cooler' already on Day 1, with the tongue not stinking as much at all. Same thing nasally. I'm only vaguely optimistic though, as today (Day 4) some kind of odor is re-appearing from my tongue.

Are the doses above comparable to what you took, Penny? Or did you take Fluco more than once a day..?

O:)
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

Wow, congrats that you are now cured, i tried taking metronidazole before intermittently coz i keep forgetting it, i took only 1 tablet per day, its a 500mg metronidazole, and i discontinued it coz i started to experience sudden headaches and tingling sensations. (side effects) after taking only 5 tablets. Did you experience any side effects? I havent tried fluconazole yet. Did you change your diet or avoid any foods? I would like to try your method but im afraid of experiencing the side effects again.
bbforever
Total Newbie

Post by bbforever »

Pennycilan,

I pm you, are you still cured, please update. I want to try the treatment, but want to hear from you before I go to my dr. and ask for the prescription. Just don't want to be dispointment like everything else I have tried in the past 30 years.

thanks
bbuk

Post by bbuk »

So I have just finished the first weeks treatment regime which meant the end of taking metronidazole but have not been overly impressed with results so far. Have been suffering a cold at the same time so this hasn't helped but there so far doesn't seem to be much improvement. Of course will only be able to really judge once the cold has gone and I have finish the further week of Fluconazole but to date I still get the White Tongue and the sticky feeling in my mouth and throat.

However, I believe there has been some improvement on my breath although I cannot confirm due to colds often giving me BB.

Will report back in a couple of weeks with an update.
bbuk

Post by bbuk »

Just an update.

I can say that the metronidazole has definitely helped me but I am still not sure if I am BB free.

I no longer feel like I have BB anymore as my mouth always feels fresh even when I wake in the morning. It is this fact of feeling fresh first thing in the morning which makes me apprehensive as to whether I am cured or not since I know my morning breath should be bad but if I cant sense that then how will I be able to sense when I do have BB.

I know I definitely can now go for longer periods of being bb free. Also when speaking to shop assistants upon purchasing it is clear I no longer get a reaction most of the time. However, I have noticed the odd brushing of the nose when I speak sometimes so I still think the problem is there but not as bad as pre treatment. I would say that I am about 90% cured if not fully cured.

As per usual, my girlfriend can not smell a thing and we do engage in hardcore kissing so either she has acclimatised to the smell or it is a case of halitophobia.

I really need to get the opinion of other friends to confirm my current situation but this treatment above has definitely benefitted me.

Although I tested negative for h-pylori, the fact that metronidazole has helped suggest my problem is gut related right? I have an appointment with an ENT but will follow it up with a GI appointment once the ENT cannot find anything.

I still have the 200mg dose in my cupboard and am considering taking that in a couple of months just to finish off any gut sources causing the BB.

I will add that I tried a course of 150mg fluconazole daily for 14 days 3 months ago and this did nothing for me. Although I took fluconazole again as above, I believe the key medicine for me was the metronidazole.
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

@bbuk

thanks for sharing. i''ll definitely try this also and give feedback

@Larc400/bbforever

have you started with the treatment?

@Pennycillan

any update?
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

hi , pennicilin , i tried Metronidazole 250mg 3x a day for 5 days
Flucanazole 200mg first day followed by 150mg for 5 days ,

i noticed on day 2 that my poo (in the toilet not my breath) smelled super horrible , possibly the worst smell ever - did u notice similar ?? was it the germs /bacteria ??

also,my tongue (even right down the back) now 2 days since treatment finished no longer smells , even if i do not eat anything for 10 hours!!
I must emphasize that my saliva does not smell either, absolutely nothing! AMAZING!! since just a week ago it would make the back of my hand stink...!

But , i think the BB is still there , but the level of reactions has gone down , it also smells 'different' in the morning too.,

does the match with your experience , @ pennycllin??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic