Your Email Address:

First Name:

PLS HELP!!!!! Back to Work/Encouragement

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sillygrrl08

PLS HELP!!!!! Back to Work/Encouragement

Post by sillygrrl08 »

Hi all, I think I've gotten a job. But I'm extremely nervous about accepting it. My anxiety level is through the roof. I haven't had a job in 6 months and lord knows I need this job because i'm in deep financial hell.

I don't keep jobs long because of my bb. Eventually I always end up the butt of everyone's jokes, I hear cruel things about me and eventually people don't want to have anything to do with me. I theorize that I also start to get picked on so that I will quit. My bosses have usually found everything under the sun that i'm not doing right which eventually leads to me getting stressed out then I curse them out and walk out on the job.

It's known that I stink up an entire room. The job that I may/need to accept is a teaching position. Which means that i will stink up the whole room and people will realize it's me.

I want it to be different this time. I'm almost 30 and never had a steady job. I'm tired of running. How have some of you dealt with living with bb and working? Especially in a closed space with close encounters with others.

Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

Hi Sillygrrl08 I know your dilemma exactly as I experience it every day as I try to work. I work in IT in close settings with other people so every day is litterally a day of being tormented, picked on and bullied alllll daaayyyy looonnng.

Its so funny because I hear so many people complaining about not being able to get dates, hang out, etc. as if this is like the most important thing to ever happen to a person. I do understand what they mean. I don’t mean to totally discredit them. I'm a working musician so being able to socialize is a huge deal for me. But nobody's every gonna take us seriously if our main gripe is not being able to get a date. Cuz I mean really who gives a sh@! if you can't get a date!

The medical industry, research groups, and people who we ultimately want to take us seriously and help get to the bottom of this need to know the devastating impact this problem has had not only our social lives, but our professional lives and being able to make a living.

People don't want to hire us, and if they do you pay a huge price, neighbors don't want us to be neighbors or live near us if they know about this. I actually met someone recently at a meetup who had a severe BO problem and ended up homeless because he couldn’t keep or find employment. It was horrible to witness the emotional state this man was in when he spoke. You could see and *feel* the pain...cant put in to words...

He also said he couldn’t get disability (US) to take him seriously, and he’s like a pariah in his family so he couldn’t even go to them for help.
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

But to answer your question about what you could do... Does your problem come from your nose as well? Mines does. I don't even have to speak and smell is just strong.

But I take a lemon with me to work, cut it up, put it in a bowl with a lot of ice, and sometimes for may be an our or so that breaks the stinch.

But even when I do that people seem to complain. I just do it in the morning when I get in.

There's still the problem though of when you talk...which is a different can of worms because the smell is compounded.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

i honestly wouldn't be able to give you any advice here because i had been out of work for two years and still felt miserable so i quit my last full time, high paying, secure job with a great company. Only to work from home part time making less money and couldnt be happier. if you read my first post i was still working at that last job and came on this site to relieve the anxiety and depression working a regular 9-5 gave me. If theres any solice i found that coming to this site everyday and chatting with other members and just expressing some of my anxieties out loud helped. It was also around that time that i became super motivated and uncontent to beat this thing. Good luck on your job I wish you the best! [-o<
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
sillygrrl08

thank you

Post by sillygrrl08 »

Thank you everyone for the advice/support that you could give.I've accepted the job. . . very reluctantly. Music I will take your advice and see if that helps to relieve the problem, even if it's just a tiny bit.

I already have in my head that it's going to turn out bad. I'm scared to death. But I need what money I can get before the embarrassments and bullying began to happen and then I will surely quit again.

I have tried to find a stay at home job. But I don't really know where to look and with all the scams i'm hesitant to trust anyone claiming to be a work from home employer.

Maybe this will just be my life working from job to job, making what little money i can get before shame comes along.

I think the worse part about this situation is that. My family and friends can't understand why I have such a hard time holding down a job and when I do find a job why i'm not excited about having one. To them I'm a huge complainer and ungrateful but it's not the reason at all. I just know what I have to endure from others because of bb.

I start in two weeks and I have purchased the HCL pills that i've read about from others on here and I've also purchased the liquid chlorophyll to see that if nothing else it will lessen the stench. I would be happy just to have it lessened where I didn't stink up an entire room :(
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

Silly if u really want to work from home i would suggest looking for jobs that are like call center type work where people call or contact you for a particular company. I work for a company that does outsourcing for major companies and the project that im on is for one of the largest electronics retailers in the US so any time someone calls their customer service number they will get in touch with me or other at home agents. Some good work at home companies with jobs like mine are convergys, teletech, or liveops that i know of.

My parents also thought that i just didn't want to work or the i was unmotivated and lazy. unfortunately they dont know the emotionally turmoil we go through just having to get out of bed and face the day (or people). I pray that grown people in a business setting would be mature enough to handle each others 'differences' with grace. Good luck again!
sillygrrl08

Post by sillygrrl08 »

thank you hali-girl. I have jotted those companies down and will look into them. Especially if this doesn't work out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic