Your Email Address:

First Name:

The answer to your problem!!!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Elliot, your comment was referencing my earlier one right??

I swear when I was rinsing with non-food-grade hydrogen peroxide, I was getting that musty old basement kind of smell on my breath..

cambodian_girl
Total Newbie

Post by cambodian_girl »

@ username123
How is Zantac working out for you? You haven't given an update in a while.

What about the other people who have been taking it for more than 1 week ? Update if possible.

As for me: my PND has decreased, my nostrils are not as congested as before, the taste in my mouth is different.. less bad. That is all I'm sure of right now. I cannot comment on bad breath yet. All these improvements could be coincidental or not related to BB or placebo effect which is all too real.

Will update again once i have something new to add.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Yeah, I'm also curious how everyone else is doing with it.

I haven't been using Hydrogen Peroxide, though I sometimes put a bit in my water pik... I just don't think it helps much... If I order some food grade, I'll try it again.

But the Zantac... fourth day on it and I don't think it's doing much of anything.... Maybe I'm just getting depressed, but if anything I've noticed more reactions.
Gooner
Junior

Post by Gooner »

Ive been using it for maybe 2 weeks using 300-400mg a day. I think it has changed the odour slightly but its really hard to say with any certainty. Bowel movements more frequent.

Im giving it another week then dropping it im already looking for a xerostemia drug to see if increasing saliva production is the answer.
Tibya
Advanced

Re: The answer to your problem!!!!

Post by Tibya »

Then one day I happened to read an article about GERD being a possible source of bad breath. Given that I had tried everything else, including checking for sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, blocked eustacian tubes, post nasal drip, kidneystones - all of which I suffer from - I decided to treat

Hi,
You may have a good point here. I have a friend who is doing her residency program. She knows about my bb problem, but we never really discussed it much in detail (I kind of avoid all social gatherings). But recently she we met and she talked causally about taking zantec or OTC for acid reflux. I have never been diagonized with GERD. But she said its OTC and try for few weeks. I didn;t take her advice seriously thinking she is just in her early yrs of medical profession and my dentist and physician with several yrs of experience may know better. But you never know, sometimes fresh/new doctors have better research or latest research news. I am defiantly going to try this out, because though I believe earlier that bb may not be from stomach, the cause of white coating on the tongue maybe because of some gases coming from the stomach.

Thanks again a lot and please keep us posted on this. I will start with my zantec tonight itself.
After how many weeks did you really see the bb vanished or getting diminished, so that I can be hopefully towards that range and know I am not going in vain.
cope

Post by cope »

Last edited by cope on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Silent reflux certainly can.
CNS

Post by CNS »

What are some of the symptoms those of you suffering from GERD have? I don't think I've ever experienced heartburn, but then I do gag at times and sometimes it gets so bad that I even vomit. Also, I burp quite often especially after eating. Based on these symptoms, does it look like I have GERD?

After reading this thread I did thought of trying zantec, but unfortunately it's pretty expensive in my country, at $20 for just 10 tablets. :(
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

CNS wrote: After reading this thread I did thought of trying zantec, but unfortunately it's pretty expensive in my country, at $20 for just 10 tablets. :(
You can see if you find anything local in your area with ranitidine (zantec has ranitidine as main ingredient).
cope

Post by cope »

Last edited by cope on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Any updates on the zantac you guys? Did it cure anyone? Please report back
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I took Zantac for a month or two.. I don't think it did anything.
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

Did not help me either...
Frantix

Post by Frantix »

I´m from germany and I´ve tryed a similar product (H2 blocker). The first too days slight improvements. The next 4 or 5 days i was sure, I found the answer to my problem, because it disappeared to an amount of 10% or so. Than it started to come back over the next days. Therefor I proceed to PPIs (20mg a day) and it improved my situation again...unfortunetley not as much as the H2 blocker did, but therefore the progress was steadily. I took PPIs for 6 weeks and stoped it 2 weeks ago. I seems like the progress still stays.
I really would like to know, if these experiences nail it down to stomach problems..? I´m not sure, but I think I somewhere read about, that a sideeffect of PPI is an increasement of helper cells. Maybe this could be a reason for the improvement too??
My next step will be metronidazol. If this doesn´t help me, I´ll try to repeat PPI in stronger dose.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Thnx for the updates guys!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic