Your Email Address:

First Name:

Do you fail the "Lick Test"?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bbsux
Advanced

Do you fail the "Lick Test"?

Post by bbsux »

So i think i figured out where my bb could possibly be coming from.

When i do the lick test i can only smell a very faint smell NOTHING bad. I would say i pass the lick test guys.

However if i put my finger on the back of the tongue it smells like feces/shit maybe like tonsil stones.

I dont have tonsil stones thoug hi checked and checked poked around and everything.

The smells is really bad like really strong and it lingers on my finger for hours if i dont wash it with soap. Heck if i wash it only with water you can still smell it a bit. I know its disgusting so sorry if you are eating but i was wondering if you guys could do the same thing put your finger all the way to back of the tongue close to throat and see if it smells like that.

I have appoitment with ENT on monday and i will explain to him everything that i have just written down .

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Do you have PND?

If you have a constant pooling of thick mucus draining from the back of your nose, it's the most likely cause. It could be other factors too, like abnormal pH or the buildup of odour which gets produced elsewhere and settles in your throat and back of your tongue.

Dr. Aydinmur says we shouldn't gauge anything by the odour on the back of our tongue, yet most companies who sell breath products say this is where the problem is, so it's all a bit confusing.

Because there isn't just one single chemical involved with bad breath that can produce odour there, my guess is that it depends on which chemicals are involved, as to whether odour which is detectable by a finger rub can appear on the breath or not.
jamesmcavoy

Re: Do you fail the "Lick Test"?

Post by jamesmcavoy »

I have type 1 bb so i always pass lick test .
but when i use chlorexidine mouthwash , my tongue has no smell but i hav 50% reduced badbreath .
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

jamesmcavoy wrote:I have type 1 bb so i always pass lick test .
but when i use chlorexidine mouthwash , my tongue has no smell but i hav 50% reduced badbreath .

What is type 1 bb i never get that ?
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

bbsux wrote:
jamesmcavoy wrote:I have type 1 bb so i always pass lick test .

What is type 1 bb i never get that ?
Please see "Clasification of malodor" viewtopic.php?t=2814
jamesmcavoy

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Hi

type 1 bb is simply tongue malodour .in this case u dont have any other internal problem like constipation,reflux,sinuses or any other .its jusst ur tongue which is responsibble solely .
the main reason is ur bacterial flora is changed due to antibiotics or any other reason .
and important part is you can not change ur flora again by any means .so difficult to remove
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic