Your Email Address:

First Name:

SIBO! Could this be the end?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
MomSoph
Total Newbie

SIBO! Could this be the end?

Post by MomSoph »

Quick background...34 year old female dealing with this for the past 5 years. My personality has changed completely and I am so tired of all of this as I am sure you are. My dentist says my mouth is healthy. Get two cleanings a year, no bleeding, etc. went to ENT and I may have had psd but it was never consistent. The ENT didn't smell my bad breath but she suggested getting my tonsils out and I did that end of nov. Still have the bad breath but glad I could rule out tonsils and don't regret it at all but after, I didn't know where to turn next. I remember sitting in my car and crying because no one can tell me the problem and where do i go next. I was also nauseous for 2 months and they looked in my stomach and nothing was there but before i went under i said to test me for h. Pylori and that came back negative. I looked up alternative medicine and came across a local p,ace and the dr there has been great. After a couple of tests, I have fructose malabsorption and I thought that was it but I read about sibo on here and asked to be tested and I have it!! I have methane producing so he put me on xif or whatever it is but it doesn't see,m to be helping and I looked up online that nymocin and xif working together is th best for methane producing sibo. Called my dr right up and he said there may be side effects but it's worth trying so this is it. There are lots of studies online about these two working together and being the most effective. Cross your fingers p,ease!!! I won't give up if this isn't it though. Anyone had luck with this?

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Welcome to this forum.

If you have fructose malabsorption, have you tried removing fructose from your diet? That should be very easy by avoiding fruit and any processed food that contains a fructose-based sweetener.

What kind of reactions do you get from other people?
sije
Total Newbie

Post by sije »

I have no personal experience relating to SIBO as the tests I've been taking have showed no signs of SIBO, so this is more some general advice.

Are you taking any probiotics atm? If so that would be the first step IMO as you'll need to re-populate your gut flora with beneficial bacteria. Remember to take them away from meals as opposed to vitamins. And remember patience is key, don't expect miracles within weeks.

Personally i'm taking double dosis at the moment and experience no side effects at all perhaps, so I believe this is very safe thing to begin with.

Have you tried some of the natural anti bacterial remedies such as grapeseed extract, oregano oil etc.?
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

I smoked weed a few nights ago and I thought my breath was strangely better when I woke up in the morning. Right after I smoke though, it seems like my breath is worse. I get that sour and metallic taste. Maybe there is a difference between smoking and ingesting canabis. Would be nice if I can just get the THC pills.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic