Your Email Address:

First Name:

20/30% SOLVED

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
lula

20/30% SOLVED

Post by lula »

BECAUSE OTHERS CAN SEE THIS MESSAGE ON THE FORUM, I AM GOING TO MAKE IT SHORT. THE LONG VERSION WILL BE ON THE SECRET FACEBOOK GROUP I AM A PART OF.
ANYWAY, I AM IN NEW YORK ON CONTRACT WORK FOR THE LAB. THERE ARE MEN WHO CAN NOT SMELL ME USUALLY SMOKERS. A FEW HAVE TRIED TO TALK TO ME. WITHOUT CRYING LIKE I GENERALLY DO, I ASKED THE 1 WHO DOES NOT SMOKE DO HE SMELL ME. THE OTHER GUYS CAN NOT SMELL ME BECAUSE THEY SMOKE. I WAS WAITING FOR HIM TO LIE. HE SAID YES. HE SAID I SMELL LIKE DECAYING FLESH OR OLD PEOPLE DECAYING. I SAID THE NURSING HOME. HE SAID YES. I TOLD HIM WAS IT FECAL HE SAID PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE THE ODOR WILL SAY FECAL BUT IT IS NOT FECAL. I TOLD HIM PEOPLE GENERALLY CAN SMELL IT UP TO 20 FEET AWAY. HE SAID HE COULD UNDERSTAND THAT BECAUSE IT DEPENDED ON MY MOVEMENT TO HOW INTENSE THE ODOR BECAME. HE SAID HE CAN SMELL ME BUT IT WAS NOT SO BAD THAT HE COULD NOT STAND BESIDE ME BUT HE CAN UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE CAN NOT.
20/30% SOLVED- IT TOOK OVER 20YEARS, CONSTANT LYING BY THOSE WHO CAN SMELL ME AND A CONTRACT JOB TO NEW YORK TO CONFIRM WHAT I ALREADY KNEW. NOW, I UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE REACT THE WAY THEY DO. THE NURSING HOME SMELLS SOOOOOOOOO BAD.

jackson
Junior

Post by jackson »

I used children in this way.

I KNOW that my morning breath is horrendous because I can smell it myself. Don't need any tests.

Once I've brushed my teeth and done my morning routine, I think I have mildly bad breath. Sometimes I'm not sure, which is where my 5 year old nephew is useful!

I'll speak near to his face, and he WILL let me know!
Sometimes even after just brushing my teeth or eating something, he'll still pick me up on it.

When I started taking the antibiotic recently, I ran the same experiment (not that I really needed too as it was obvious).
After brushing my teeth I spoke in his face and he just spoke back to me normally. No reaction.

After eating some BBQ crisps and speking into his face, he said ''Your breath smells of BBQ. You've been eating bbq crisps, haven't you!''.
(Before, even after eating something like BBQ crisps, he'd still detect the bad breath underneath the BBQ smell and would say ''you're breath is bad'')
DeliVrance
Total Newbie

Curious

Post by DeliVrance »

@jackson due you have post nasal drip? As for me I don't have any post nasal drip and my bb is not room filling but when I open my mouth I know the bb is there because of reactions. I get so jealous when I see people eat bbq crips or they drink sugary stuff and the only smell I smell is just what they just eat. This is a no no for me. If I want to keep my breath where its tolarable to others I must stay away from them. This is so unfair!
jackson
Junior

Re: Curious

Post by jackson »

DeliVrance wrote:@jackson due you have post nasal drip? As for me I don't have any post nasal drip and my bb is not room filling but when I open my mouth I know the bb is there because of reactions. I get so jealous when I see people eat bbq crips or they drink sugary stuff and the only smell I smell is just what they just eat. This is a no no for me. If I want to keep my breath where its tolarable to others I must stay away from them. This is so unfair!
It's confusing.
I think I have post nasal drip (often need to clear my thoat and I can sometimes see a think layer of clearish mucus on the back of my throat).
It's been worse the last few months, possibly due to an alergic reaction to the pollen in the air?

However, when I think about it, if I go back a few years, I don't remember ever having post nasal drip, yet my bad breath was the same.
I'm not sure if it's related at all in my case.

Similar with my other possible causes
(sometimes get acid reflux, but I can think of a time when I didn't, yet my breath was still bad)

I'm still tempted to think that my tonsils (tonsil stones?) are playing a role (although was refused even a referral for surgery so won't be able to get them yanked out :() or maybe something to do with my stomach.

At the moment i'm just monitoring my breath since stopping the antibiotic.
I think I have to wait for another 3 weeks (as the longest case i've seen for someone who had clear breath until it returned was 4 weeks).
At the moment i'm at about 1 week post antibiotic.
My morning breath has returned somewhat although not as bad as before the pill.
My daytime breath still feels a lot fresher.
I'm still praying that i'll be one of the rare lucky ones who is somewhat cured permanently from the pill, though I doubt it.
yarahe

Post by yarahe »

i've been through tonsillectomy becuase i read that it could be the reason and it didnt help my bb. so don't hurry with this surgery.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Good for you Lula!

It takes a lot of courage to just did what you did
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic