Your Email Address:

First Name:

Murat Aydin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

At least somebody is progressive in the world. I am glad we have Dr Murat with us.

This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Jimi Stein wrote:At least somebody is progressive in the world. I am glad we have Dr Murat with us.
Thanks Jimi
halitosisux wrote:Wow, this is what I like to see.
Doctor, how long will one of those retainers you've constructed last before the Zeolite loses it's effectiveness?
Depends on organic molecule concentration in the mouth. ~1-10 hours, or so.
This could be developed in so many ways. I'd like to see a design where the retainer can have small replaceable Zeolite tablets which can be inserted each morning for example.
Looks like removable orthodontic appliance. It slightly distorts speaking because restricts tongue movements.
Samsung says the silver nano technology sterilizes over 650 types of bacteria and that "Samsung WM1245A Washing Machine releases over 400 billion silver ions which penetrate deeply into fabrics of any kind and create a coat of sterilizing protection for a maximum of 99.99% disinfection and an added antibacterial effect of up to 30 days after washing"

Could this technology be applied in some way in the mouth?
No, I am not trying to kill oral bacteria. This is not possible for a longer time than 3-4 hours.
Zeolite prevents odor but not bacteria.

-Murat Aydin
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for the replies.
Please keep us updated on your developments!
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Dr Murat

THe zeolite works only few hours? Does it dissolve after that?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Jimi Stein wrote:THe zeolite works only few hours? Does it dissolve after that?
Yes.
Zeolite suddenly and satisfactorily absorbs odor with a very broad spectrum. Either organic, or sulfurous or nitrogen based odorants.

After 4-5 hours, saliva proteins, and chemicals come from the mouth, fill the porous zeolite. Zeolite does not dissolve in the water, but only humic acid.

There are 2 options when it is filled by artifacts come from the mouth. First option, waste the zeolite appliance. Change it with a new one every day, Zeolite is cheap but appliance is not. The second option, boil the zeolite appliance in the water by adding NaOH (sodium hydroxide). This reactivates porous zeolite. After 20 minute its ready to re-use. But NaOH destroys methylmetacrilate polymers present in the appliance. This is problem Porous zeolite perhaps may harbor bacteria (?). Also this another potential problem.
I work on such crazy scenarios
- Murat Aydin
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Doctor, what if you could make this into two separate sections. One would be the main custom-made retainer section, and the other would be a standard-sized disposable section containing the Zeolite, which would then clip into the main retainer. It would solve the issue of trying to recycle the Zeolite and also become much more convenient to the user. The cost would be very low because, as you say, Zeolite is very inexpensive and widely available and customizable to our needs.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

aydinmur wrote:
Jimi Stein wrote:THe zeolite works only few hours? Does it dissolve after that?
Yes.
Zeolite suddenly and satisfactorily absorbs odor with a very broad spectrum. Either organic, or sulfurous or nitrogen based odorants.

After 4-5 hours, saliva proteins, and chemicals come from the mouth, fill the porous zeolite. Zeolite does not dissolve in the water, but only humic acid.

There are 2 options when it is filled by artifacts come from the mouth. First option, waste the zeolite appliance. Change it with a new one every day, Zeolite is cheap but appliance is not. The second option, boil the zeolite appliance in the water by adding NaOH (sodium hydroxide). This reactivates porous zeolite. After 20 minute its ready to re-use. But NaOH destroys methylmetacrilate polymers present in the appliance. This is problem Porous zeolite perhaps may harbor bacteria (?). Also this another potential problem.
I work on such crazy scenarios
- Murat Aydin
you are really smart person. When it will be ready for out testers?
Total Newbie

Post by Quote »

Thank you very much for your will to find a solution on this longtime human problem! Thank you also for sharing your thoughts with us. I believe, we are getting closer to a good breath soon.

Since ive working with my bad breath long time, ive tried many different products.

Right now i am working with ozone water since ive read some good articles about it.

What do you think ydinmur. Is ozone water a worth try (for type 1)?

Best regards
jamesmcavoy

Re: Murat Aydin

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Hello dr. Murat ,

I have discovered(or experienced myself) a very dramatic change of oral flora from bad to good with zero bad breath or white tongue symptom IN JUST OVERNIGHT .
u know i have been a strong supporter of myself as type 1 halitosis sufferer but this thing made me aware that oral flora is transient and not permanent as we all believe .

However that healthy flora persisted even after brushing for a long time .
When i ate something ,it started to get back after an hour and in next 6 hours i was back on bb train .
What could be the reason ???

Is it even possible ???
What i described is 200% truth and not fake .
Crystle
Total Newbie

Post by Crystle »

Dear Murat

I have a couple of questions that I would like your insight to please.

I have read on PubMed that in the oronasal area, anaerobic bacteria outnumber aerobic bacteria by 100:1. This means that anaerobic bacteria are normal and probably impossible to erradicate in this area. This has made me think that in some people including myself, certain species or types of anaerobic bacteria have invaded that produce sulferous or otherwise bad odours and these are almost impossible to get rid of. To obtain a 'cure' therefore, is a question of balancing the non-odorous species with the odours ones. It is near-on impossible to specifically eradicate the odorous bacteria with antimicrobial products. Is this correct?

This means that we need to create an environment in which the smell producing bacteria cannot reproduce so fast. I am currently trying hydrogen peroxide mouthwashing but I feel that after a few hours, the smelly anaerobic ones will start to re-populate, so it is like fighting a losing battle.

The other option is to use a non-specific antibacterial product like chlorhexidine before the probiotics (although this will kill all the bacteria including the good ones). In your opinion, which is best, chlorhexidine or hydrogen peroxide as a pre-use agent?

What about anaerobic bacteria in the nasal cavity? what do you recommend to erradicate these? I hve read that hydrogenn peroxide will irritate the mucosa in this area and can even be dangerous to the lungs. Are there any particular probiotics you would recommend for this region?

Many thanks for your time!
Last edited by Crystle on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Had a work up of my blood -full spectrum. The only thing to come back is low liver enzymes. I've been looking on how to treat or supplement. Eating a high fiber diet is one, but haven't found much else.
Can dr. Murat or any others recommend how to treat? Other than the usual exercise and healthy decisions?
Also found here that low liver enzymes has bad breath as a symptom. Also anyone else investigate and try to treat the liver enzymes?
http://www.tandurust.com/alternative-th ... auses.html
yarahe

murat

Post by yarahe »

dr murat,

i'm quoting your answer:
There is a interaction between halitosis and saliva pH. Perhaps Type 1 halitosis makes it alkaline, or in opposite direction, alkalin saliva makes Type 1 halitosis. I think, it depends on redox reaction on mucosal surfaces.

Metals (Zn, Ag, etc) or O ions restore the problem.
-Murat Aydin

i can say that i saw a doctor in my country that specialize in the problem of bad breath and he gave me 3 weeks flavozinc (zinc lozenges) 3 times a day. and it helped me but after i stopped it the bad breath returned.

can you be more specific with what you say "O ions" and "metals".
i guess i can take some supplements but i don't know which supplement to restore the problem. zinc lozenges helped me when i took it in high doses (almost 70 mg per day).

can you be more specific and give more suggestions for O ions and metals that i can take?

you give me hope.
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

hi, I recently visited my dentist who said tartar build up is normal and it does not cause bad breath. My question is, can tartar build up cause bad breath? I have have quite bad tartar build up on my lower molars.

Thanks
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

I have examined one halitosis patient yesterday. I would like to share because general interest.

I made artifical odor (H2S) in his mouth in a 13.3 ppm concentration. He said "I feel horrible bad odor just now"

Then, I made topical anesthesia his tongue dorsum. He said, "bad odor disappeared suddenly, I feel fresh just now"

I have re-measured his oral air, 8.8 ppM H2S was persent at that moment when he felt good.

He was sent to his doctor with Type 5 subjective halitosis (neurogenic subclass), as dysgeusia diagnosis.
-Murat Aydın
jamesmcavoy

hi doc

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Hi doctor ,

U said you sent him to his doctor for he had halitophobia .
U checked his breath with halimeter but have you talked to him face to face ??

I mean have you taken persons whiff of bb while talking ?
What if patients halimeter readings are lower but while talking to him ,you can easily get his bad breath
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic