Your Email Address:

First Name:

Why? When exhaling, no BB. BB only when i speak

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Archimonde
Super Angel

Why? When exhaling, no BB. BB only when i speak

Post by Archimonde »

I've only realized this recently, after 20something years of BB. Incredible.

I did some tests, i went to a store and went behind people's back who were busy looking at items on the shelves so they wouldn't notice me, i then breathed out air from my mouth and they didn't react at all, they didn't turn their head or even noticed me. I've done this test on 50+ ppl, same result every time. They only reacted as soon as i started speaking.

That leads me to conclude that my mouth doesn't stink at all, i only stink when i speak. So the problem must be in my throat? That's very surprising considering that the taste in my mouth is nasty.

If someone has a good explanation as to why i stink only when i speak, do tell.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Could it just be that you talk a load of SHIT?
(Just joking of course! I couldn't resist coming out with it)
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Such info could give a good ENT a valuable insight into whatever is causing your BB.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I keep thinking about this now. I wonder if when you are breathing out of your mouth, the proportion of nasal/mouth air is different to when you talk.

Trying to purposely breathe out of your mouth resulting in more air coming out of your mouth than your nose and when you talk there is more air coming out of your nose than when you are just trying to breathe out of your mouth. The nose is also a resonance chamber for your voice, so could the resonance be triggering the release of odour somewhere in your nose?

This is assuming that your odour is coming from somewhere in your nose.

If the odour is coming from an area of your throat (e.g. tonsil crypts, lungs? abnormal pouch in your throat or pharynx) then the resonance of talking or the muscles used for speech might be releasing the odour from wherever it's originating from.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

halitosisux wrote:or the muscles used for speech might be releasing the odour from wherever it's originating from.
That would be my guess.

Was it you who mentioned on this forum that there are people who emit a bad odor only when they sneeze?

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 510AAXaySO

http://hosbeg.com/bad-smell-after-sneezing/

I think my case is probably similar to theirs.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yes, I've mentioned the sneeze thing many times on here. I've never been able to find any answers on this or examples of anyone being cured, but, as is typical with every type of BB, that's probably only because it's not taken seriously enough. And just like in your two links, it's the same old story of someone repeating what we all already know. I bet not one single person with sneezing odours manages to alleviate it by any of the advice in those links. It has to be something deeper than straightforward "sinus infection" (which comes with fever and malaise and is no mystery illness)

This sneeze odour phenomenon is quite common. When the sneezes happen, the smell can be worse than the deadliest room-clearing fart. So it's not the typical 30cm range standard bad breath whiff that quickly disperses, this is industrial scale odour that is often described by many on here, with varying degrees of intensity. The subject is a kind of a mystery. It may simply mean that it's not a straightforward issue to deal with - for example, a "harmless" fungal ball in a sinus that remain invisible to scans and xrays and would only normally be dealt with if surgery was performed on that sinus for other reasons. Or it may be a foreign body that has been in the nose for a long time, which no doctor has ever bothered to LOOK FOR. A Foreign body can remain invisible to xray. There's many innocuous ways a sinus can become smelly. In the case of the sneeze odours, it may be that the smell only gets released when the sneeze occurs because the force of the sneeze manages to momentarily open things up and pull some of the foul odour into the main rush of air. For some people the nasal odour is constant, and for some the odour is intermittent. Is there a link? I would say there's very likely to be. But then the sneeze odour may have nothing at all to do with the nasal system, but I think it's far more likely that it does involve the nose in some way. You don't ever hear the people describing these sneeze odours saying that a cough releases the odours too, and there's just as much force of air passing through the throat by a cough as there is a sneeze. The difference is that with a sneeze more air is directed through the nose, so therefore the odour has to relate to the nose in some way.

Dr. Aydinmur may have come across examples of this or have some opinions on whether there's any connection to this and persistant or intermittent nasal odours.

It could be that there's no mysterious problem in the nose at all. When we sneeze a lot of the crap from our mouth and throat shoots up into the nose and depending on our individual anatomy, some of that crap might end up staying up there, particularly the bacteria. Some of it is bound to get into the sinuses. In the right conditions, this crap could then quickly start to smell, or until the next sneeze is due. It may all be a simple matter of subtle difference in anatomy.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I don't think the smelly sneezes are related, I used to have those when I was 17. To me and my friends it kind of smelt like gym socks.I didn't have the room filling nasal odour until 21/22.

Do you guys have any odour when brushing certain areas of your gums? That you can maybe detect for a few seconds upon brushing?

As proved in "Cured" case, things in the mouth can cause crippling nasal odour. Also this gentlemen in this thread cured his.

"Avatar_n_tn
SugaLuv
Jul 06, 2009
To: badsmell
have had the same bad smell\taste in the mouth for over 6 months now. Couldn't figure out what the hell the problem was. Mine became so awful that the smell would literally funk up my entire office at work. I too was convinced that the smell was coming from my nose. Because of this, i ended up at an ENT, who convinced me I needed surgery on my sinuses & tonsils. Well, after having tonsils\adenoids (adenoids) removed, upper gi, lower colon splenoid or something done, and all kinds of other medical test ran. The culprit turned out to be a crown on the lower left molar tooth. The tooth up under the crown had split in half, and the damn thing became infected or something. When the smell first started, the first place I went was to the dentist (of course they didn't see anything wrong). I ended up on a wild goose chase that cost me thousands of dollars. Finally after reading another site and listening to the guy on there story, I went back to the dentist and lied that the tooth was bothering me. That's when the dentist decided to take the crown off (he couldn't tell anything from the X-ray; the crown was n the way of seeing my actual tooth). He ended up having to pull the split tooth. He told me to come back for a bridge of something once it has healed but "No Thanks!" I'll leave the spot empty because empty doesn't become infected and stink up a whole room......"

Personally there has been times when I've been amongst people and left to go piss and brush my teeth (yes, even on nights out at the bar/pub-so sad). I've come back and the smell has been very apparent to others.

People, dentists are USELESS. I've lost count of all the times if I've been asked if i've tried chewing gum or mouth wash by dentists..........
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I think if I had nasal odour I would not rest until I knew what causes those smelly sneezes, just in case there is some connection, so that I could rule out this fairly likely possibility.

I also think if I knew I had sneezing odours in the past (sneezing odours must be fairly rare because I've never come across anyone with it before in my 44 years), and went on to develop room filling odours without needing to sneeze to release odour, I would be seriously wondering if the room filling odours are something which followed on from the sneezing odours and are connected in some way.
FedUp
God

Re: Why? When exhaling, no BB. BB only when i speak

Post by FedUp »

Archimonde wrote:I've only realized this recently, after 20something years of BB. Incredible.

I did some tests, i went to a store and went behind people's back who were busy looking at items on the shelves so they wouldn't notice me, i then breathed out air from my mouth and they didn't react at all, they didn't turn their head or even noticed me. I've done this test on 50+ ppl, same result every time. They only reacted as soon as i started speaking.

That leads me to conclude that my mouth doesn't stink at all, i only stink when i speak. So the problem must be in my throat? That's very surprising considering that the taste in my mouth is nasty.

If someone has a good explanation as to why i stink only when i speak, do tell.
Is the odour detectable to others through your nose also?
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Possibly it's the tonsil movement (or the muscles used to speak as suggested earlier) that activates the stink. Try the same thing but breath while flexing your tonsils.

Even with nasal odor, i think it's more prevalent if you're talking with your mouth closed (talking to yourself), still activating the tonsils.

I still have a feeling that if I just exhaled air, it wouldn't be pleasant. When I burp, I get nasty old rotten food odors. so for me it is a combination of things. I'll still try to blast a few innocent civilians though, out of curiousity,. Poor souls.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic