Your Email Address:

First Name:

Klebsiella Infection

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thf
Junior

Klebsiella Infection

Post by thf »

I finally decided to go back to the doctor after not going for probably a year, and I found an ENT who seems to know what she's talking about.

First off, I have a deviated septum which she agrees I will probably need surgery to correct. Right now I'm going to do the basics, taking meds (that don't work) just because that's part of the process. I've done a little research on deviated septum and it usually the cause of PND (which I have) and I've been telling doctors for years that I always feel like my left nostril is blocked, and now I know why. Most ppl say their PND was cured after the surgery and they were able to breathe. Something to look forward to!

The next thing she did was take a culture of my left nostril (something no other doctor has ever bother to do) and I have a bacterial infection call Klebsiella. After researching this, I found this to be a little bit concerning because this can actually cause damage to your lungs, but one of the most interesting symptoms was a foul smell from the nose if this infection is in your respiratory system. I do not have my test results yet, so I'm not sure at what "level" I have this infection and could I have had it all these years?

This is all new just found this information out a couple of days ago, so I have not been treated for anything, but I wanted to share with everyone. I have never heard of Klebsiella infection before. But something else about how it is spread is usually through a healthcare setting, when I started having bb and nasal odor, it was after I had surgery!

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Wouldn't we feel sick and have health problems if we had that infection?
thf
Junior

Post by thf »

My post was not in any way implying everyone had this infection, it was only sharing what I had been diagnosed with, which I believe is the point of this webpage!!!!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

thf, did the doctor say it was treatable?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic