Your Email Address:

First Name:

In the car.....

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
MrChips
Advanced

In the car.....

Post by MrChips »

There's a man where I work who has very bad breath. The worst iv ever smelt. Its like sewage.

I saw him travelling in the car today with a female colleague. His mouth was trapped shut and he didn't look very happy. I could see the pain in his face.

What do you do in.this situation? Your in a car travelling, its a very difficult situation.
How do you all cope??

I do what this man did, and keep my mouth shut and try not to speak

FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I tend to be very wary of the direction i'm talking and breathing. I don't have a choice of which holes to breath out. Stench leaves my mouth but nose stronger. How is your life going since the TMAU2 diagnosis going?
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Well life is going alot better for sure. I have had the odd bad day, and been tweaking my diet accordingly. Had a heavy beer drinking session last week and was certainly smelling for atleast 3 days after haha. Drinking is something im trying to stop altogether.
Im.still taking the probiotics. In.a few weeks I have to do another 24hr urine test to see if the Tmau2 is gone. I dont think it has to be honest.
Im keeping the low choline diet and popping the probiotics whatever the result.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

In my mid teens when I became fully aware of my BB and could actually smell it myself, I remember going to a pub with my best friend and a new friend of his who drove us there. They sat in the front and I sat in the back. All the way there they laughed and joked normally, but soon the laughs and jokes were focused on me because I'd become frozen with fear of talking and all my responses were just mumbles through a closed mouth. By the end of the evening they were doing impressions of me. This is a friend who I had grown up with and knew me better than anyone. Just that simple event transformed our friendship and the way we viewed each other. One of my worst fears became being trapped in the back of a car with other people. I would simply ensure that could never happen, and somehow I managed to prevent it.

It's simple things like this which make life with BB so difficult and ensures our isolation and warped "existence".

I have far less courage than the average person on here. I never had many experiences of reactions because my whole life became centred around ensuring that nobody could ever smell me.

I feel really sorry for people who also have nasal odour concerns. Strangely though, I can remember when I was around 18, I went swimming in a lake and didn't get washed or changed until I got home later in the evening. I spent a lot of the day walking with wet clothes on and I ended up getting a bad rash on my inner thigh and groin area. I had this rash for about 2 weeks and I literally stunk of fish for some reason. I was too embarrassed to get help, but eventually it cleared up by itself. I wasn't at all ashamed of smelling of fish from my body though, strangely. It was really pungent too, but yet somehow it was kind of a relief to smell fishy instead of shitty. Maybe in time I would have developed a complex about it and suffered like I was doing with my BB. I don't remember caring too much when I could first start smelling my own BB either. It's like it developed into more as time went on. This is probably why it's so hard for people without BB to empaphise with those who agonize over it.

Good to hear your progress Mr Chips. Have you tried using any intestinal deodorizers like charcoal and chlorophyllin?
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Iv experienced very awkward car journeys in my time..... :-/

Iv tried both charcoal and chlorophyll. Im not keen on the charcoal if im honest. Im not 100% about the chlorophyll either.

I personally think that probiotics are better like acidophilus.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Im.actually going to take driving lessons in a few months. I guess this will be the ultimate test for me.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Re: In the car.....

Post by Archimonde »

MrChips wrote:There's a man where I work who has very bad breath. The worst iv ever smelt. Its like sewage.
If you can smell his strong BB, then it's possible you don't have BB.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I might fit ejector seats to my car for the next passenger who decides to open my windows. Bad breath or no bad breath, do people realise what they're doing to us when they open EFFFING windows? I NEVER open windows in anyone else's car, I leave it to the DRIVER even if I'm cooking in the heat. My brother does the classic every time he get in my car, opens them even in the middle of winter. The majority of passengers don't though. IF I STINK then just get out and never get in my car ever again, but if I don't then leave my PISSING windows alone!!!!

One thing I often do is open my passenger window to see whether they'll close them. If they do it's very calming.
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

Oh yeah I have many "sitting in the car and not talking" stories. Sometimes we would travel a longer way with the car being full. Of course I was afraid all the time to speak so I stayed quiet or spoke as little as possible. Just a week ago I was travelling with friends in the car. I haven't said a thing and soon one of them said, hey bro what's up with you? You are all quiet, something wrong? In this situation I was just thinking: "Are you fu**ing kiddin me? You didn't really ask me that just now..."
Normally I'm a funny guy who likes to talk a lot (when there is a lot of space between my friends an me) but when there is someone in front of me or if there is little space then I shut the hell up.

This friday I was at a festival and before going out I would do my usual routine. Remove the tonsil stones (if there are any), flossing, Teeth brushing, using Tung Brush + Gel and Mouthwash afterwards.
I could flush out one Tonsil stone and had a really bad smell at the back of my throat after it was out. I thought I was able to get rid of the smell by using mouth wash.
Then when I met my friends I was in a good mood and thought to myself, that even if I have bb it probably isn't so bad right now. Then shortly afterwards someone said a bit quietly, kinda smells like shit here. When I heard that my mood went from joyful to "I want to die" pretty fast. Also I think that I overheard 2 of my friends speak about my bb, but I'm not sure.
However what I didn't understand is why the hell would they still come near me everytime. Most of my friends would still get in front of my face. If my breath smells like shit then why would you get in front of my face like that expecting me to speak???
Sometimes this problem is really killing me and it makes my life a living nightmare
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I really HATE it when people make reckless comments about smells and having zero regard, especially if they know you're sensitive and concerned.

My brother and sister do it on purpose I swear. Do your friends know you are concerned about your breath? Have they ever said you have BB?
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

halitosisux wrote: Have they ever said you have BB?
The answer is probably no since most people here don't even have BB. They get offered snacks or they see someone rubbing their nose on the other side of the street... that make them believe they have BB.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

The point of my question was more to do with these friends who say such reckless things such as "it kinda smells like shit here". If these "friends" have ever told their friend that they have BB, then it just makes you wonder what's going on in their heads. If you have a true friend who you accept that they stink, you don't go around complaining about it smelling of shit! If they've never mentioned the BB before then you can understand that maybe they're frustrated with the smell and trying to drop a hint, as commonly happens. But not if the BB is already "in the open" and accepted and understood and just one small aspect of this thoroughly nice person who they like to be with.
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

halitosisux wrote:I really HATE it when people make reckless comments about smells and having zero regard, especially if they know you're sensitive and concerned.

My brother and sister do it on purpose I swear. Do your friends know you are concerned about your breath? Have they ever said you have BB?
Yeah my brother would always say it when I was little, that my breath smells like shit. Back then I didn't know how that would change my life forever.

No, my friends never came to me and said that I have Bb but I think I overheard them speaking about it a couple of times. Well I think they know that I am aware of my problem, since everytime someone would come near me I would shut up or speak only when I would turn my head. What I also hate is when someone would say: "Hey, everything ok? You are so quiet." However it was a long time ago the last time someone directly said that I have bb.

Actually at the festival it was a girl who said "kinda smells like shit here". I know her from school and haven't seen her in a long time but that night she was there with her boyfriend who is a friend of mine.
However, afterwards when we were just chillin and drinking beer and she would come over and stand herself right in front of me and started to ask questions about what I do now and how I am etc.
When she did that I became extremely nervous (knowing she made the comment about the shit smell). So I tried to talk a bit away from her face but it wasn't possible, she was really close to me. After a couple of sentences I noticed that there was no reaction from her though. So we talked about 5 min or so and there was no reaction and I was like Wtf???

It's really weird, sometimes I would get reactions and sometimes when I think that I have bb, there is no reaction. And what I hate the most is when my friends would stand right in front of me and ask me something and would expect me to speak. I mean if I have bb then why would you get so close to me?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yeah the doubt is the worst thing. And then even the smallest thing can make your heart sink, even if it's something indirect that might only be relating to odour. Have you ever considered going to a meetup?
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

halitosisux wrote:Yeah the doubt is the worst thing. And then even the smallest thing can make your heart sink, even if it's something indirect that might only be relating to odour. Have you ever considered going to a meetup?
A meetup with members of this Forum or what do you mean with meetup?
The thing is, that I live in Germany, I don't know how many guys here live in Germany
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic