Your Email Address:

First Name:

ALLERGIES cause bad breath, anyone had any allergy tests?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

austuser wrote:I'd really like to see the outcome of this diet, as hard as it will be for you. I too suspect candida as being my problem, even though the Nystatin anti-fungal treatment i took didnt help me.
I'd also like to see others try this test (search for a pracitioner that uses a 'vegatest expert' analysis machine) because unless he was manipulating the test somehow, there really seems to be some logic to the results it comes out with.
austuser wrote:Did he say that this diet should be a life-long thing, or just until the symptoms subside...???
We didnt even get to that stage. This disorder has been my constant companion for so long I don't tend to get carried away when it comes to trying new solutions. Having said that, I am glad I have pursued this one and if it was the solution, I wouldnt care about the strict diet - I could arrange my life around it.
notoptical wrote:No its not the same thing at all. Food intolerance has to do with your digestive system being intolerant to certain types of foods. Allergies on the other hand is an autoimmune disease that causes your immune system to attach certain organisms (the allergens) like it would do with pathogenic organisms, that is, its a false activation of the immune system that shouldnt happen.
Perhaps its a geolocational differenciation (the words are interchangeable round these parts) but I understand that your differing between the two types.
Web definition: we define allergy as being an altered state or response by the body to any substance.
I would suggest you have a normal allergy test because what that doc did to you is completely irrelevant to allergies
He did test for metals and other stuff too but I had no issues there. On the contrary, I think theres every possibillity that the source of the problem could be found here.

I also forgot to mention, I was given some 'stuff' (regrettably, I didnt get the name of it) to take before/after meals. 10 drops intended to assist the intestine & 10 drops intended to assist the stomach in getting rid of toxins. Also, he gave me a bag that looks like cocaine - of which I take on level spoonful disolved in tepid water after meals.

I will keep you all informed - and if anyone gets tested by this method, please post here.

noptical
God

Post by noptical »

baguio wrote:Perhaps its a geolocational differenciation (the words are interchangeable round these parts) but I understand that your differing between the two types.
Web definition: we define allergy as being an altered state or response by the body to any substance.
That definition doesnt make sense at all :p So, a persons reaction to cocaine is an allergic reaction? Or if you get drunk and pass out, is it an allergic reaction too?
No it doesnt have to do with geolocational differenation, the term "allergy" is the same everywhere in the world.

An Allergy as I said before is when the immune system gets activated when a non pathogenic organism (the allergen) enters the body, while normally it should ignore it.
This is the "allergy" I am talking about, this is what causes problems mostly to the respiratory system and this is what causes rhinitis which causes bad breath.
Wikipedia wrote:Rhinitis is the medical term describing irritation and inflammation of the nose. The primary symptom of rhinitis is a runny nose. It is caused by chronic or acute inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose due to viruses, bacteria or irritants. The inflammation results in excessive mucous production producing a runny nose, nasal congestion and post-nasal drip.
The food intolerance you are talking about are a completely different thing that has to do mostly with the digestive system and is a completely different thing. Granted it could cause bad breath but this would be a completely different form of bad breath coming from the digestive system and not the respiratory system and mouth (the latter, due to PND etc) that allergies cause.

So I suggest you have a normal allergy test to find out what fungi and pollen are you allergic to because those are everywhere in the air, no need to eat anything to cause you the problem. This way if you have only a few major allergies you could get treated with allergy shots.

Also make you sure you visit an allergist and a good one that is. My cousins friend went to a crappy allergist and had an allergy test and the allergist tested him only for entire groups of allergens and not specific allergens from each group and he (the doc) assumed that he is allergic to all the allergens in those groups ](*,) (he told him he has a few hundred allergies).
Normally, at first the doc tests you for groups of allergens you are allergic to, to filter out most of the allergens, and then he tests for specific allergens from the groups your body reacted to in order to avoid testing each allergen one by one.

Btw, as I said the test you have done has to do entirely with your digestive system so please make a new thread to discuss digestive issues ;)
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

So when are they goin to fix your mucosal thickining or whatever it's called problem, Noptical? If It's somewhat identical to the one chuckwho did. This could be it.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Busted wrote:So when are they goin to fix your mucosal thickining or whatever it's called problem, Noptical? If It's somewhat identical to the one chuckwho did. This could be it.
Busted, I dont know yet as I havent visited the ENT my allergist suggest me to (different city, 2 hours from here). I dont really have time for that surgery + recovery and also I cant afford it at the time. It will definitely cost more than 1000€ (I'll try to have my tonsils removed as well, just to be sure).
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

@noptical: I think we will agree to differ. As I mentioned eariler, both were tested for....lets move on 8)
The stuff he gave me is sending gas out both directions :oops: - no difference in the condition but its early days. I will have to give this diet a proper shot over a long duration to determine if its the cause..

Again, if anyone else wants to check this out, look for an alternative medicine practicioner who has a 'vegatest expert' testing device.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

just wondering if the allergy shots helped with your bb (i know this is an old thread, so you may not be around anymore)

i just had a thought that the likely main cause of my bb is the PND, and mucus in the back of my throat. i am always clearing my throat. i know i have gum issues so it can sometimes also come from my mouth and tongue, but there are times when my mouth is all very clean and nothing works (not even clorhexidine rinse). i wonder then if the problem comes from the PND and mucus. i think i get it because of allergies. i have dust mite allergies (found out via skin test) and i know i am intolerant to some food (such as gluten and nightshades). i am wondering now if the allergens is what causes my constant PND and mucus. i started thinking about how a dust mite allergy, in particular, is difficult to control since those critters are everywhere. then i thought about how allergy shots might help keep the symptoms at bay, and whether that might improve my bb.

has this ever worked for anyone?
redtonguewanabee
Total Newbie

Allergies

Post by redtonguewanabee »

I have been seeing an ENT for almost two years now (this after several other doctors and failed tests trying to find the cause of my breath problem). We narrowed the problem down to post nasal drip. I had a CT scan done and it showed a lot of mucus and bacteria. We tried Flonase and antihistamines, but these did not help. We tried antibiotics and these did not help (long term).

We recently tested for allergies. Turns out I have very minor allergies to many things including dust mites, ragweed, some trees, etc. Interesting because I am healthy as a horse with no watery eyes, etc., only bad breath. Also, a food allergy test from several years ago indicated a strong Milk allergy and a minor wheat allergy.

I have begun allergy drops for the inhalant allergies to see if will eliminate my symptoms. I have also eliminated glutted and dairy and now I can breath better. The drops will take 3-6 months. If these work, then I will do the shots. The shots do the same thing as the drops, but the shots have longer lasting results, while the drops stop as soon as you stop taking them. The drops are cheaper however in the short term. This is the next step given that I don't respond to antihistamines.

My problem is definitely post nasal drip. My tongue can be completely clean and taste great, yet I still have bad breath from the mucus in my sinus. Hopefully these drops will clear it up. By the way, like many of you I have had most all of the other test done (endoscopy, several doctors, tried all products, etc). I have been aggressively pursuing this problem for over five years and have narrowed down to allergies.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

redtongue - how have things been going with your bb since being on your treatment? please keep us updated. i am going to see my doctor again soon, and ask to be referred to an ENT and then also try to deal with allergies.
redtonguewanabee
Total Newbie

Allergy Shots

Post by redtonguewanabee »

I will definitely keep you posted. I have stopped taking the drops and now went for the full allergy shot treatment. Im all in on this one. Three to six months to see if it helps.
JennyMiller
Total Newbie
Re: ALLERGIES cause bad breath, anyone had any allergy tests?

Post by JennyMiller »

Hi redtongue i also have PND 24/7 it could be allergy also, are you now bb free?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic