Your Email Address:

First Name:

Antimicrobial benefit of low-pH

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

We need to make a new thread I think, one that's only about Pepto Bismol and bismuth. This one could stay for the people who are trying both Pepto Bismol and aspirin together.

Also, without knowing whether people are taking Pepto Bismol chewable or the tablets that reach the gut, it's not only confusing, but if someone takes the wrong kind, they may miss a really important find here.

Pepto Bismol is antibacterial and it will act as an antibacterial in the mouth and may improve BB for that reason. But (please someone correct me if I'm wrong or I'm misunderstanding) any BB Improvement in the mouth from an antibacterial will eventually wear off. This isn't about Pepto Bismol's antibacterial action, it's about the effects of bismuth in the intestine.

Searching, can you please make a thread about Pepto Bismol and a guide to the type you are using, and why, etc. If I make the thread I'll just get ignored.

Total Newbie

Post by Quote »

Hey,

i am a bit confused about the using of aspirin AND Pepto Bismol. Are both used for the same kind of BB (Type 1)?

I am suffering of Type 1 and here in Germany i can not get Pepto Bismol.

Thx and greetings
Missi
Total Newbie

Post by Missi »

Halitosisux,

That's a very good idea. This tread makes me confused. I have ordered Pepto-Bismol and I promise to keep you updated.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Actually, I give up, I'm done with talking to myself on here. Complete waste of time. Maybe everyone is somewhere else discussing ideas and stuff. If not then God knows why it's so dead on here. Good look to whoever is bothering to read this.
Total Newbie

Post by Quote »

Dont get it. Why do you give up?
Ive read the whole thread - my english is bad. Maybe i missed a point.
Or what do you mean?
Missi
Total Newbie

Post by Missi »

halitosisux wrote:Actually, I give up, I'm done with talking to myself on here. Complete waste of time. Maybe everyone is somewhere else discussing ideas and stuff. If not then God knows why it's so dead on here. Good look to whoever is bothering to read this.
Please do not give up.

There are many who follow this tread.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Still using both aspirin and pepto.
Aspirin raked along with the tongue scraping-
I'm almost positive this is what is working.
It is definitely cutting the odor omitted from my mouth.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Re: halitosisux

I totally agree with you. This really looks like a waste of time. There are articles containing very crucial information about our cause shared in this thread, yet noone is responding. I guess people are still trying to find a miracle who will cure their bad breath overnight.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

I know a lot of sufferers get so down and disgusted with their longtime struggles.
Positivity and even the ability to discuss matters falls way behind.
Also I know a lot of people here don't want to post anything unless it works for them.

Thanks for all you do for this forum halitosisux

I do wish more would try crunching up the aspirin and at least just scrape the tongue with the residue. Let it sit for 10 minutes then brush as normal. Bismuth along side
Total Newbie

Post by Quote »

Same for me! I often visit this forum to get some new ideas. As i tried a lot of different approaches, i do not always give an response, if there is no good result.

In this Aspirintopic instead, i am very interessed and like to share my exerience.
Today i started - but just with ordinary aspirin.
Will give you response in the following weeks.

But still my question:
for what type of bb is bismol primarily?

Why did you add bismol to your apsirin approach searching?

Best regards
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

try to gargle with asprin , you will see a huge improvement ,
thanks searching
searching
Master
Post by searching »

All,

A 2009 thread entitled Bismuth manages my bb is seen here.

To clarify:
In the past I have used chewable bismuth subsalicylate to manage bb as an antimicrobial agent and to absorb VSCs in my mouth.

More recently I have been using tablets of bismuth subsalicylate, swallowed whole, to manage bb as an antimicrobial agent and to absorb VSCs in my digestive tract. I do this to avoid disrupting the consortium of oral microorganisms that are now established. In addition I brush, once daily, using a non-buffered aspirin to strip biofilm and to prevent it from persisting. This approach treats my mouth directly with aspirin; and, sorbs VSCs in my digestive system.
Total Newbie

Post by Quote »

Hey,
@ searching:
sorry my english is bad. What is VSCs?
As you are talking about VSCs in your digestive tract, it seems to me that you are not using it for BB type 1, right?

I am working with aspirin for some days now and it feels cleaner. But while do some researching on the sideeffects
i found this pictures of aciditiy (cola) and tooth:

https://data.starmind.com/question/q175 ... 2971ed.jpg

So for me it is no longterm approch, more for acute social situations with a lot of talking :lol:

greetings
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Update:

I believe I am bb-free. Not a single person showed no kind of reaction last week. I cannot even smell my morning breath. And most importantly, I asked a few very close friends to check my breath and they said it is gone. Yet I am still paranoid, whenever I see someone touch their nose I immediately think it's my breath but when I observe that person more, I can see that it's a habit.
Missi
Total Newbie

Post by Missi »

compor wrote:Update:

I believe I am bb-free. Not a single person showed no kind of reaction last week. I cannot even smell my morning breath. And most importantly, I asked a few very close friends to check my breath and they said it is gone. Yet I am still paranoid, whenever I see someone touch their nose I immediately think it's my breath but when I observe that person more, I can see that it's a habit.
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic