Your Email Address:

First Name:

ANAEROBIC BACTERIA THREAD

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

Just waking up

Lump in throat feeling is back. I haven't taken omeprazole or dexilant for the past 2 days.

My diet hasn't changed // maybe it's gotten worse 8-[

Also I'd like to note... although there is no pain around my stomach area, there are times I feel twitching, or some sort/sorts of unexplained movement in my stomach. Any insight?

Here is a good example I like to give and the reasons why people who have taken antibiotics in the past suffer from bad breath.

A lake..... ever look at a lake that has no current and is very stagnant?

Algae grows, bacteria multiplies at more rapid pace. Here's a picture of a stagnant lake

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 496154.jpg

That's our bodily system. We are unable to properly move things in our system. Picture it. Undigested food, food is not being moved at a normal pace, things have slowed down or maybe permanently damaged where we are unable to digest certain foods the way we've used which sits in our system. Bacteria, and other microorganisms begin to grow rapidly.

In a healthy person, they are able to digest food properly, get rid of waste efficiently, and pretty much have things always moving in their body.

Here's a picture of a lake that has a current / stagnant water towards the side

http://www.bahiker.com/pictures/southba ... 26lake.jpg

I think if we are able to reintroduce the right digestive enzymes and probiotics in a system, it will certainly help as things are flowing through more efficiently in our body.

just another thought

i need users here to contribute more

think i'm going to keep a own personal diary and not share any information

lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

Normal Enteric Flora

negative for

Escherichia coli is a Gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacterium of the genus Escherichia that is commonly found in the lower intestine of warm-blooded organisms

Shigella is a genus of Gram-negative, facultative anaerobic, nonspore-forming, nonmotile, rod-shaped bacteria closely related to Salmonella.

Salmonella is a genus of rod-shaped, Gram-negative bacteria. There are only two species of Salmonella, Salmonella bongori and Salmonella enterica, of which there are around six subspecies and innumerable serovars

Campylobacter is a genus of microaerophilic Gram-negative bacteria. It is frequently found in raw meat, particularly chicken, and thus is a significant cause of food poisoning due to handling raw meat or undercooking it

Negative for Ova & Parasite Stool

This test seems to not test for gut dysbiosis / yeast growth (which I highly think has something to do with the cause of my problem)

Only detects to see if there are pathogenic bacteria / parasites in your system

***k, another setback in trying to find my cure.

Also another note, this stool test failed to test for C. difficile ( something my GI wanted done but wasn't by the lab )

the things I need done are

test for C. Difficile toxin / yeast overgrowth

along with things that I am interested in, I saw a report that listed the numbers of good bacteria along with the bad (if you had any)

it's on this forum somewhere
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

Tested normal for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth

Tested negative for the most "common" gram negative bacteria

Endoscopy found nothing abnormal / biopsy showed H. Pylori has been eradicated

Tested negative for Ova and Parasites

Food allergy tests done along with trees, grass, etc (nothing major popped up)

Tests that I need done
-Candida overgrowth (what is the best way to detect Candida overgrowth)
-C. Difficile bacterium
-any other tests you guys recommend?

I feel like shit, getting a little depressed
Thick saliva
Symptoms of LPR
Very inconsistent stools, today it came out in pellet balls, other day it was very loose and broke
Coating of the tongue (it seems to have permanently stained the back of my tongue) color is white
a lot of movement in the stomach ( i feel like there is a lot going on down there)
diarrhea at times (pretty rare - not normal)
I smell like shit... pretty awful, my hygiene does not reflect the way I smell one bit.

Also. I had garlic the other night with steak. I still smelled of garlic through my toxic breath the next MORNING, DAY AND NIGHT! Can someone explain to me why this happens? It has to be something with digestion....

I feel like there is slow motility (indigestion) and a lot of movement in my stomach area (twitches in my stomach)

looking for any insights
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

I'd also like to note

I have white hairy tongue

I found this on a websites comment section.

I suffered from very bad halitosis for 10+ years. I could clear a small room 30 minutes after brushing my teeth. I would get a metallic taste in my mouth, and white tongue coating. I went to several doctors and dentists, ENT's, but they couldn't help.

I started searching on the internet and after years of trial and error, I found a process that keeps it at bay, and ironically I live a much healthier and happier lifestyle now because of my bad breath.

I found out it was candida that was causing the halitosis and I read up on that. There is a ton of info online about the candida diet that I wont go into here. Some people go hard core into it but I made a few changes in my diet and am also aware of things that can cause a candida outbreak. In general I stay away from sugars, alcohol, cigarettes and vinegar.

Now for the products I use. I found that toothpaste that does not have sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) works best because it does not dry my mouth. Also I stay away from alcohol based mouth washes for the same reason.

I carry a travel toothbrush (the ones that fold) and a small tube of toothpaste if I go out at night. I have one in my car and at the office, and I brush after every meal.

I use a sugar free xylitol gum after I brush my teeth to bring some moisture back into my mouth. Xylitol also makes it difficult for the candida to stick to surfaces of your mouth.

This was my system for several years and it was fairly effective but I still knew I had bad breath several times a day and had to go to the bathroom and brush my teeth, then chew xylitol gum. Even then, sometimes it would come right back, requiring 5 or more trips to the bathroom during an evening out and not feeling "kissably confident".

What really brought my confidence back was Acidophilus. At first I took pills, and they helped but the most effective product I have found is a liquid Acidophilus probitic. I think it is because it coats my tongue, and throat. It really, really helps. Probably more than anything else, but its not a cure and won't do it alone.

So now after each meal, I brush my teeth with SLS free toothpaste, use alcohol free mouth wash, then swish 2 table spoons of acidophilus yogurt in my mouth and swallow. If my mouth gets dry I use xylitol gum. I stay away from sugars, alcohol, vinegar and cigarettes, and after 10 years of embarrassment, trial and error I finally have my bad breath under control.

If I don't do the above it comes right back, but my lifestyle is much healthier, and my confidence is SO much higher! It took me many years to refine this system, I can only hope it helps someone else with this dreadful problem.
jamesmcavoy

hi

Post by jamesmcavoy »

I think ,the first lake looks good .
Joking ,anyways just watched House Md .dont know which episode ,
House said that if u dont find h-pylori insystem and still have reflux then you must concentrate on pancreas .
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

I smoke a lot, and my eating habits are terrible.

I stuff myself while watching tv or using the computer never properly chewing my food.

Although I don't plan on quitting smoking anytime soon (a lot of people I know smoke and don't have bad breath) I plan on really trying to change my diet.

it's so hard. But my lifestyle (just for eating) is what I will be focusing on and i will let you know if i see any improvements.

I think eating properly and eating the right foods @ the right quantity can only help my breath, digestion, and process of elimination. Also I'd like to note I started juicing and today I experimented taking dexilant, waiting 30 minutes and taking VSL #3 Probiotics (450 billion active cultures) and I definitely felt my stomach grumbling, a lot of movement.

Guys, I think my issue has to due with lifestyle choices I make. Eating terribly so I will be focusing on that the most. Eating properly, slowly, really chewing my food, and not watching anything while doing so.

here's a good video to look at that helped me show what I was doing wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pc_uGQXfHk

also I'd like to note, I have white hairy tongue (elognated papillae along with slightly geographic tongue)

i will find a picture of what resembles my tongue the most and i will edit the post . add the link

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=2125638

looks similar to my tongue

overgrown papillae that are white just like his. Towards the back it is more concentarted (white color) - my tongue looks less severe than the picture shown above but nevertheless it is identical to my tongue

can anyone tell me if this is thrush ? Its probably a mixture of thrush / overgrowht of papillae (bacteria)
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

Guys I'm Startin my diet today. Optimistic about this approach.

Low carbohydrates (minimum)

Time to start taking action and stop talking about it
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

Guys. An update please try this if you've tried everything to cure your BB.

Cut out carbohydrates and sugar COMPLETELY out of your diet for 2 weeks then message me.
My breath has improved from eating strictly protein and small meals todays. Still bad tho.. embarrassing bad.

The idea that protein feeds bacteria is positive.. it's good that you're feeding bacteria THAN YEAST in your mouth... I'll get into details about it later but my thought is... starve the candida. Cut out sugar and carbohydrates (your body breaks down carbs into sugar - food supply for candida)

Post nasal drip has reduced, almost gone

Lump in throat is still there. I messed up with dinner, almost had a full complete day of dieting. I'm telling you, if there is any cure, it's the diet.

Belching decreased.

BB is still there but it has reduced, not as toxic as it was before

Still a little depressed but I need to continue strong with my diet. I'll add the link when I get home to the diet I'm following or search it yourself (candida crusher)

Trust me guys
Taking metronidazole may have cured some people because their cause of BB is completely different than yours. Starve the yeast and let me know if it worked for you

Also I changed my eating habits (a lot smaller meals) and more chewing, no distractions (music, tv, laptop)
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

Thanks for sharing!!
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

diet is hard to follow

little setback today

will start over tomorrow

starting to crave sugar / bread / dessert at the moment

huge cravings lol
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

lookingforcure wrote:diet is hard to follow

little setback today

will start over tomorrow

huge cravings lol
I cut down on sugar /bread etc.. just like you little setback today lol

It is difficult. I was like "it's Friday, Ima have a break" and now I regret.
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

Trunks99 wrote:
lookingforcure wrote:diet is hard to follow

little setback today

will start over tomorrow

huge cravings lol
I cut down on sugar /bread etc.. just like you little setback today lol

It is difficult. I was like "it's Friday, Ima have a break" and now I regret.

Reasons why I think this works. My first day of dieting I went to the extreme. 3x cans of tuna for breakfast lunch and dinner (also had 3 whole eggs - carbs in the yolk with 3x slices of bacon)
By the days end, when I drank a cold bottled water, it tastd different. It tasted fresh, refreshing.. something i haven't experienced in quite some time.

also, when I was at a young age 14 years old, summer time. I went on some crazy diet, just eating cans of tuna 3-4x a day, THAT'S IT, with extreme lifting regime along with playing basketball everyday

After a week and a half in, it felt like I had the flu. I was forced to take a nap mid day, body aches, just felt like something was up... ( that was the die-off symptoms ) I know my related issue with BB is candida ( especially on the tongue and probably down along my stomach somewhere)

Your tongue is pretty much a breeding ground. You are what you eat. You could try scraping your tongue every time you eat, but what you ingest is what you feed in your body (promote growth)

Why do you think gum companies are all now turning to a sugar-free based entry?

Although it's to prevent cavities and gum disease, can't one argue it's to not feed yeast in your mouth?

Try this diet
No carbs
no sugar. ( most fruits are loaded with sugar)
I'd even stay vegetables (contains complex carbs, I don't think your body breaks these down to simple sugar but I'm not entirely sure)

see if it improves your breath and taste.. if it does your BB may be candida related

@trunks99

dude I'm telling you right now... diet is one of the hardest things to do in life. It's all about self discipline. How strong you are mentally. To tell yourself no even though your mind and body wants it..

your mind and body are already in the habit of eating what you want, when you want and at how much.

I remember when I started this diet, I'd say the 4-5 days were the hardest. You changing an old habit, and creating a new one. Once the new habit is formed, things become second nature brother. Start over today, but really focus on your goals

Also.. drink a lot of liquids (water) to suppress your appetite.

keep me updated, remember no carbs or sugar

Edit.
I made a comment earlier about having garlic in my breath the entire next day when I had it for dinner the nite before. Well, although it wasn't garlic, I had onions last night and I was able to get rid of the smell by swirling water in NY mouth and adding a sugar free gum in my mouth.... normally my breath would still smell of rotten onions, shit, And the flavor of gum

Another edit
Going on a no carb / no sugar diet also helps killing bacteria

Here's a good link

http://mpkb.org/home/food/carbohydrates

So going on a low carb / low sugar diet kills 2 birds with 1 stone

Minimize and hopefully eradicate both bacterial and candida overgrowth

Just had one first can of tuna... hard to eat because it's so bland... gotta keep it moving though
Atrial
Advanced

Warning

Post by Atrial »

Guys please ignore the no carbs diet that means you have eat protein based diet.
Anaerobic bacteria love protein it does not matter if your bb is coming from your mouth or stomach, bacteria will use it and you will smell 10 x more.
Try it for a week and see what happens or ask someone.
This candida thing has been recycled from old posts it has not been proven to cause bb.
If you want reduce bb try rice only diet it has lowest protein content of all major foods.
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

It would be nice to have people detail their diet/habits when growing up? Maybe we could find a common pattern there..

I know I used to eat a lot of sweets and a lot of flour based food during my teenage years: cookies, cakes, chocolate, bread etc...

I'm thinking this might have caused my bad breath.

How about you guys?
Trunks99
Advanced

Re: Warning

Post by Trunks99 »

Atrial wrote:Guys please ignore the no carbs diet that means you have eat protein based diet.
Anaerobic bacteria love protein it does not matter if your bb is coming from your mouth or stomach, bacteria will use it and you will smell 10 x more.
Try it for a week and see what happens or ask someone.
This candida thing has been recycled from old posts it has not been proven to cause bb.
If you want reduce bb try rice only diet it has lowest protein content of all major foods.
I know you are saying this for our own good but I need to try and see for myself. I've heard so many different things over the past few years that I've decided not to believe anything until I try it. I hope you understand. I will keep you guys posted.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic