Your Email Address:

First Name:

Went to a dentist....

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
dollymary1

Went to a dentist....

Post by dollymary1 »

Hi, I changed my dentist recently as I've been convinced I have gum disease, my teeth bleed when I brush and I have tartar build up.
My new dentist said that the tartar is normal, and that my gums are healthy, I'm so confused as I thought tartar build up was bad and it should be removed. She didn't seem to care even though I explained everything.
Has anyone else had experiences like this? Please help I feel like giving up

Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

Hi Dollymary,

If you have gum disease you'll get a very distinct breath. Does your saliva stinks?
You have no cavities?

If you bleed when you brush your teeth, you are either brushing too hard or you have tartar underneath your gums that causes the bleeding.

Do you floss daily?

What I would do is:

- floss daily
- oil pulling daily -- depending on how severe your tartar buildup is you might have to do it for several weeks.
- if your breath doesn't improve, ask for a deep cleaning. Allow several weeks for your gums to recover after the cleaning. Again oil pulling helps for recovery as well.. and floss daily.
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

Trunks99 wrote:Hi Dollymary,

If you have gum disease you'll get a very distinct breath. Does your saliva stinks?
You have no cavities?

If you bleed when you brush your teeth, you are either brushing too hard or you have tartar underneath your gums that causes the bleeding.

Do you floss daily?

What I would do is:

- floss daily
- oil pulling daily -- depending on how severe your tartar buildup is you might have to do it for several weeks.
- if your breath doesn't improve, ask for a deep cleaning. Allow several weeks for your gums to recover after the cleaning. Again oil pulling helps for recovery as well.. and floss daily.
Hi! My saliva doesn't smell, and I have no cavities. I do have a lot of tartar build up right along my gum line, and the gum just underneath the tartar is red and inflamed.

Just wondering what oil pulling is? And my denier won't do a deep clean she said nothing is wrong!

Thanks
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

"Oil pulling, also known as "kavala" or "gundusha," is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes."

I used Coconut oil and it works wonder.
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

Trunks99 wrote:"Oil pulling, also known as "kavala" or "gundusha," is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes."

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, I've just researched oil pulling it sounds great. Does this only work if your problem is related to your mouth?
And how many times do you have to oil pull to notice a difference?
Also do you know what is causing your bad breath?

Thanks
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

dollymary1 wrote:
Trunks99 wrote:"Oil pulling, also known as "kavala" or "gundusha," is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes."

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, I've just researched oil pulling it sounds great. Does this only work if your problem is related to your mouth?

Thanks
Yes, it does work when the problem is related to your gums. I had painful gums and after two three weeks of oil pulling things improved. I had been doing it at night so I didn't really follow what they usually recommend -- which is doing oil pulling first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. But I'm thinking of giving it a try first thing in the morning next week.

I don't know what is causing my bad breath. I don't have any residue on my tonsils so I doubt it is coming from there (God knows). I'm suspecting my bad breath to be originating from my stomach, my cavities (currently trying cod liver and butter blend oil), and/or from post nasal drip.
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

Trunks99 wrote:
dollymary1 wrote:

Thanks
Yes, it does work when the problem is related to your gums. I had painful gums and after two three weeks of oil pulling things improved. I had been doing it at night so I didn't really follow what they usually recommend -- which is doing oil pulling first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. But I'm thinking of giving it a try first thing in the morning next week.

I don't know what is causing my bad breath. I don't have any residue on my tonsils so I doubt it is coming from there (God knows). I'm suspecting my bad breath to be originating from my stomach, my cavities (currently trying cod liver and butter blend oil), and/or from post nasal drip.

I am definitely giving oil pulling a try, although it still doesn't indicate the actual cause :( I doubt your cure would be the tonsils, I had bad tonsil stones and my breath was just as bad after the surgery. I have median rhomboid glossitis on my tongue, and also post nasal drip. Somedays I feel like I'm never going to be cured! Maybe there is just some people who are born with bad breath and that's that. Hard to imagine living like this forever though :(
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

dollymary1 wrote:
Trunks99 wrote:
dollymary1 wrote:

Thanks

I am definitely giving oil pulling a try, although it still doesn't indicate the actual cause :( I doubt your cure would be the tonsils, I had bad tonsil stones and my breath was just as bad after the surgery. I have median rhomboid glossitis on my tongue, and also post nasal drip. Somedays I feel like I'm never going to be cured! Maybe there is just some people who are born with bad breath and that's that. Hard to imagine living like this forever though :(
So you have fungus on your tongue? You should try using some Manuka Honey. Although it will be hard to apply on the tongue.

For post nasal drip, did you go see a Dr? Did he confirm? No meds? You could try buying a saline nasal spray and use it few times a day and see if that helps.

Do you mind me asking how old you are?
Don't lose hope. Just keep persevering even though it's a difficult situation. I know how you feel and it's an everyday challenge to interact with people.
Our condition is there for a reason -- it is there to teach us something. How long it will take? I don't know. But God is merciful and we should keep asking him for help not only for curing the condition but also for becoming better persons.
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

Hi, I'm 17, I've been dealing with this for 6 years.

I tried oil pulling this morning and the median rhomboid globbitis has nearly vanished from my tongue, I'm not sure if this is a coincidence but can oil pulling eliminate fungus? Also, can fungi be a cause for bad breath? I have had a fungal nail infection in the past not sure if this is connected.

I have been to the doctor he said there's nothing he can do, I'm too scared to go back! I really want to find a cute myself.

I always feel like we have bad breath for a reason, it makes us stronger to know we can deal with this, just somedays I cannot be positive but I try my best.
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

dollymary1 wrote:Hi, I'm 17, I've been dealing with this for 6 years.

I tried oil pulling this morning and the median rhomboid globbitis has nearly vanished from my tongue, I'm not sure if this is a coincidence but can oil pulling eliminate fungus? Also, can fungi be a cause for bad breath? I have had a fungal nail infection in the past not sure if this is connected.

I have been to the doctor he said there's nothing he can do, I'm too scared to go back! I really want to find a cute myself.

I always feel like we have bad breath for a reason, it makes us stronger to know we can deal with this, just somedays I cannot be positive but I try my best.
I'm glad oil pulling helped with your MRG. Just keep doing it it might heal it, who knows?

I believe Fungus in the mouth can be a cause of bad breath.

Keep it up and when you feel down just post here and people will be here to cheer you up.
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

Thank you very much
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic