Your Email Address:

First Name:

Post Nasal Drip due to allergies

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
shakas808
Total Newbie

Post Nasal Drip due to allergies

Post by shakas808 »

I can't say this cured me completely, but I do think it has helped a lot and I don't have bad breath as much as before. Due to allergies, I have post nasal drip which has caused much of my bad breath. However, for the past 3 years, I have been taking allergy shots and although this hasn't completely cured my post nasal drip, it has improved it very much, which in turn has lessened my bad breath. Just something to consider if you do have post nasal drip.

3 years ago, I didn't realize the severity of my allergies until I took the allergy shot test since I just assumed everyone was like me. I mention this because those who have post nasal drip might also not realize that allergies are causing this for them. I hope this post helps a little.

iweillnevergiveu
Total Newbie

i also have nasal drip

Post by iweillnevergiveu »

i went to doctor also and he gave me a tablets that he said is for allergies is also helped me alot i didnt see many reactions and some people didnt have reactions i really felt normal

unfortunately i didnt go back to the doctor and i forget the name of the medicine can you please tell us what is the name of the medicine u tak?
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

What kind of allergies do you have? I am starting to pinpoint my bb down to this. I almost always have mucus in my throat and was wondering about GERD and other kinds of reflux. Then I started wondering if it comes from allergies. At first I thought food (it might still be but I have to test that out). I have dust mite allergies which also causes me to have cold-like symptoms when it flares up. However, I basically live life with my breathing partially blocked all the time, and PND. I am starting to realize the mucus in my throat might just be from PND as well. anyway, my doctor looked up my nose recently and told me it was very inflamed inside, due to the allergies.. and when inflamed, it increases the mucus production, etc. She prescribed a corticosteroid nasal spray to get rid of the inflammation. I have to use it for 2 weeks, as well as continue with neti pot 3-4x a day or use a saline spray 4x a day. I am on day 3 of the nasal spray and noticed that aside from having snot free nostrils much of the time, my bb has also lessened a lot. In fact, it may be gone, but I am so paranoid that I cannot tell if I have it or not anymore.. I still fear I do when maybe I don't. I need to get brave and just outright ask a friend.
My doctor also said my symptoms don't sound like any kind of GERD.

Anyway, for those with PND, it is likely due to allergies.
I am considering the allergy shot as it can make you allergy free after a few years (am I right?) but I was wondering if they do prescribe it for dust mite allergies?

Thanks!
alwayshoping

Post by alwayshoping »

I went through allergy testing and shots for about a year hoping it was the cause of my BB… it didn't work for me. (I didn't try anything else at the time)

My question is, how do you know if you have PND? My symptoms are just mucus in my throat I guess… I mainly notice it when I brush my teeth (it's like I could spit mucus out forever).

Is this likely PND?? or do a lot of people get this??

I'm so lost these days… don't know whether to go down the sinus route, food intolerances, hormones, candida, ARGHHH…

Any advice would be soo appreciated :)

Xo
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

what did you get allergy shots for?
it does sound like it could be PND. i also have mucus. you can sometimes also feel snot dripping down the back of your throat, but not always.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic