Your Email Address:

First Name:

WHY do antibiotics cure breath temporarily?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
BBad

WHY do antibiotics cure breath temporarily?

Post by BBad »

Hi,

have been on antibiotics for a few days and as already known, by breath gets 100% cured temporarily.

Antibiotics worked for me to cure the breath were (each of them alone):

Metronidazole
Amoxicillin
Clindamycin

I know that those antibiotics all kill gram negative, anaerobic bacteria. But that must mean, those bacteria are coming back somehow.

Why do they come back in some people, and why do other people don't suffer from them?
WHERE do those VSC producing anaerobes come from?

Thanks

jamesmcavoy

Re: WHY do antibiotics cure breath temporarily?

Post by jamesmcavoy »

*********Hi,
have been on antibiotics for a few days and as already known, by breath gets 100% cured temporarily.
Antibiotics worked for me to cure the breath were (each of them alone):
Metronidazole
Amoxicillin
Clindamycin
I know that those antibiotics all kill gram negative, anaerobic bacteria. But that must mean, those bacteria are coming back somehow.
Why do they come back in some people, and why do other people don't suffer from them?

#####Ans--- when u start taking antibiotics (specially these 3 together make the broadest range ) right from the start ,they kill bacteria which create gas(vsc) in stomach .
Now why do they come again ,they appear bcoz u eat daily .you have a suppressed immune system which is the main cause of our halitosis .
Fresh breath people have already those ass-bacteria in control causing neutral smelling breath .

*****WHERE do those VSC producing anaerobes come from?

######-- By theory ,they are already present right from when we had our first breast milk from our mommy .
By practically they vary eventually from time to time ,medications,food etc.
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

#####Ans--- when u start taking antibiotics (specially these 3 together make the broadest range ) right from the start ,they kill bacteria which create gas(vsc) in stomach .
Now why do they come again ,they appear bcoz u eat daily .you have a suppressed immune system which is the main cause of our halitosis .
Fresh breath people have already those ass-bacteria in control causing neutral smelling breath .

or perhaps you are eating the wrong kings of food while you are on antibiotics that are feeding the wrong types of bacteria (pathogenic) / promote yeast overgrowth. Taking antibiotics supresses your immune system right off the bat because beneficial gut flora (huge part of your immune system because this is where proper digestion and nutrients are asborbed which in return strengthens you - compared to a person who cant properly digest their food, faulty absorption. Just my theory

And I have a question. It's been said by my GI and ENT that H. Pylori can cause ulcers and even acid reflux. Is reflux, a reaction by your body to get rid of toxins pathogenic bacteria are releasing in your body (specifically your gut? Like for an example, when you have food poisoning / alcohol poisoning, common symptoms are vomiting / diarrhea (ways your body get rid of toxic waste)

edit : i strongly believe we are using antibiotics pretty much blindly... There are certain antibiotics that work well against certain pathogenic bacteria.. We won't know which antibiotic works best for an individuals case without proper testing.
another theory of mine
BBad

Post by BBad »

lookingforcure wrote:#####Ans--- when u start taking antibiotics (specially these 3 together make the broadest range ) right from the start ,they kill bacteria which create gas(vsc) in stomach .

or perhaps you are eating the wrong kings of food while you are on antibiotics that are feeding the wrong types of bacteria (pathogenic) / promote yeast overgrowth. Taking antibiotics supresses your immune system right off the bat because beneficial gut flora (huge part of your immune system because this is where proper digestion and nutrients are asborbed which in return strengthens you - compared to a person who cant properly digest their food, faulty absorption. Just my theory

And I have a question. It's been said by my GI and ENT that H. Pylori can cause ulcers and even acid reflux. Is reflux, a reaction by your body to get rid of toxins pathogenic bacteria are releasing in your body (specifically your gut? Like for an example, when you have food poisoning / alcohol poisoning, common symptoms are vomiting / diarrhea (ways your body get rid of toxic waste)

edit : i strongly believe we are using antibiotics pretty much blindly... There are certain antibiotics that work well against certain pathogenic bacteria.. We won't know which antibiotic works best for an individuals case without proper testing.
another theory of mine
Yes, you're right that those broad spectrum antibiotics should be avoided. Though its impossible to test for the actually "BB causing pathogenes" because there are so many possible pathogenes in our body that we even don't know which are responsible for the breath.

Anyhow, the theory with the immune system is kinda strange because I guess my immune system is not very different from a friends immune system, who on the other hand DOESN'T have any BB.

Still the question is, why the "BB responsible" bacteria multiplies and lives in our mouths and why it gets killed or can't even survive in others.
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

Yes, you're right that those broad spectrum antibiotics should be avoided. Though its impossible to test for the actually "BB causing pathogenes" because there are so many possible pathogenes in our body that we even don't know which are responsible for the breath.

Anyhow, the theory with the immune system is kinda strange because I guess my immune system is not very different from a friends immune system, who on the other hand DOESN'T have any BB.

Still the question is, why the "BB responsible" bacteria multiplies and lives in our mouths and why it gets killed or can't even survive in others.[/quote]

It's been said that everything is interconnected within the body. So if you create an environment in your stomach that promotes the growth of pathogenic bacteria, it will eventually spread to other places and it is most likely that the environment of other areas of the body will be similar (why wouldn't it be, if you have a terrible diet, you are promoting growth of pathogenic (anaerobic gram negative) not only in your gut, but your mouth, and other parts as well. It is most likely that he has a better balanced microflora in his gut where his good bacteria outweighs the bad ones. I believe once you have more good than bad, diet should not matter, only antibiotics will disrupt it (ive seen dangerously overweight people wjth the pinkest tongue and better breath than me) vice versa... if you have more bad than good (most likely due to the use of antibiotics for unrelated / related reasons for BB) and continue to exercise poor diet (you pretty much promote negative gram bacteria/yeast by creating an ideal environment for them - food supply),

I'm no professional in microbiology but I am a very witty/ determined person to overcome this challenge in our lives

Debates and conversions are beneficial. Please continue to chime in as your thoughts and history of your personal health can enlighten us with more informarion.

@Bbad

Do you have a history of using antibiotics prior / post BB issues? Any stomach digestion issues ? Also, out of a scale 1 - 10. 1 being no smell - 10 being really bad. Rate the smell of your feces.

even my waste smell terrible... imagine what the inside of my stomach smells like.... just a thought and this all happened POST antibiotic use along with terrible diet

I'm doing this off of my phone again but I'm thinking about making a poll to see how many people used antibiotics for unrelated / related reasons for BB that now suffer from BB and stomach / digestion issues as I believe the cause or causes for BB may be due to gut dysbiosis

Also.... do you know people who don't have to brush their teeth and wake up the next morning with fresh breath? I've read that their immune system and just bodily system in general is working very well that they are able to cleanse all the toxins out their body sufficiently. A lot of people have the misconception that bad breath comes from the mouth and that someone with BB have bad oral hygiene.. guys this is 2014... BB does not just come from the mouth because I had fresh breath and didn't have to brush my teeth at night and wake up with fresh breath. It's your immune systems (microflora in your gut is a huge part of your immune system) ability to get rid of and cleanse toxins in your body that has seriously been degraded due to multiple reasons ( use of antibiotics, smoking, obesity, etc)
BBad

Post by BBad »

lookingforcure wrote:Yes, you're right that those broad spectrum antibiotics should be avoided. Though its impossible to test for the actually "BB causing pathogenes" because there are so many possible pathogenes in our body that we even don't know which are responsible for the breath.

Still the question is, why the "BB responsible" bacteria multiplies and lives in our mouths and why it gets killed or can't even survive in others.
It's been said that everything is interconnected within the body. So if you create an environment in your stomach that promotes the growth of pathogenic bacteria, it will eventually spread to other places and it is most likely that the environment of other areas of the body will be similar (why wouldn't it be, if you have a terrible diet, you are promoting growth of pathogenic (anaerobic gram negative) not only in your gut, but your mouth, and other parts as well. It is most likely that he has a better balanced microflora in his gut where his good bacteria outweighs the bad ones. I believe once you have more good than bad, diet should not matter, only antibiotics will disrupt it (ive seen dangerously overweight people wjth the pinkest tongue and better breath than me) vice versa... if you have more bad than good (most likely due to the use of antibiotics for unrelated / related reasons for BB) and continue to exercise poor diet (you pretty much promote negative gram bacteria/yeast by creating an ideal environment for them - food supply),

I'm no professional in microbiology but I am a very witty/ determined person to overcome this challenge in our lives

Debates and conversions are beneficial. Please continue to chime in as your thoughts and history of your personal health can enlighten us with more informarion.

@Bbad

Do you have a history of using antibiotics prior / post BB issues? Any stomach digestion issues ? Also, out of a scale 1 - 10. 1 being no smell - 10 being really bad. Rate the smell of your feces.

even my waste smell terrible... imagine what the inside of my stomach smells like.... just a thought and this all happened POST antibiotic use along with terrible diet

I'm doing this off of my phone again but I'm thinking about making a poll to see how many people used antibiotics for unrelated / related reasons for BB that now suffer from BB and stomach / digestion issues as I believe the cause or causes for BB may be due to gut dysbiosis

Also.... do you know people who don't have to brush their teeth and wake up the next morning with fresh breath? I've read that their immune system and just bodily system in general is working very well that they are able to cleanse all the toxins out their body sufficiently. A lot of people have the misconception that bad breath comes from the mouth and that someone with BB have bad oral hygiene.. guys this is 2014... BB does not just come from the mouth because I had fresh breath and didn't have to brush my teeth at night and wake up with fresh breath. It's your immune systems (microflora in your gut is a huge part of your immune system) ability to get rid of and cleanse toxins in your body that has seriously been degraded due to multiple reasons ( use of antibiotics, smoking, obesity, etc)[/quote]

Yup. Sounds very true ...

Anyhow, when I was a child I was prescribed lots of antibiotics - probably that made a large impact on my immune system. As for the rating, the feces smell is from about 8-10 and when on antibiotics like metro it gets to about 1-3.

I am just wondering, if those people who had this "past" of antibiotic abuse, can restore their immune system anyhow - otherwise that would mean the BB would be permanent! :/
BBad

Post by BBad »

Also.... do you know people who don't have to brush their teeth and wake up the next morning with fresh breath? I've read that their immune system and just bodily system in general is working very well that they are able to cleanse all the toxins out their body sufficiently. A lot of people have the misconception that bad breath comes from the mouth and that someone with BB have bad oral hygiene.. guys this is 2014... BB does not just come from the mouth because I had fresh breath and didn't have to brush my teeth at night and wake up with fresh breath. It's your immune systems (microflora in your gut is a huge part of your immune system) ability to get rid of and cleanse toxins in your body that has seriously been degraded due to multiple reasons ( use of antibiotics, smoking, obesity, etc)
Yup. Sounds very true ...

Anyhow, when I was a child I was prescribed lots of antibiotics - probably that made a large impact on my immune system. As for the rating, the feces smell is from about 8-10 and when on antibiotics like metro it gets to about 1-3.

I am just wondering, if those people who had this "past" of antibiotic abuse, can restore their immune system somehow - otherwise that would mean the BB would be permanent! :/
yarahe

Post by yarahe »

think my problem is the same.
i've also used twice metronidazole and i was free of bb. finished the course of antibiotics and the bb came back.

my problem started after appendectomy surgery which after i recieved a lot of antibiotics. then i've had h.pylori and i took 30 days 2 kinds of antibiotics.

i guess my body and immune system was really shocked and my bb is because of that.
still can't find the cure. tried everything.

i think the odor of my breath is not like hydrogen sulfide and all the other kinds of VSC's, i can also say that i have a weird saliva very sticky and foamy all the time and my mouth feels dirty. my gums and teeth are perfect.

don't know what else to do i've tried probiotics and many things from chinese medicine and naturopath and nothing helped me.
i can say that i have digestive problems. but i've done twice gastroscopy and it was ok. maybe i need to do colonscopy.
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

yarahe wrote:think my problem is the same.
i've also used twice metronidazole and i was free of bb. finished the course of antibiotics and the bb came back.

my problem started after appendectomy surgery which after i recieved a lot of antibiotics. then i've had h.pylori and i took 30 days 2 kinds of antibiotics.

i guess my body and immune system was really shocked and my bb is because of that.
still can't find the cure. tried everything.

i think the odor of my breath is not like hydrogen sulfide and all the other kinds of VSC's, i can also say that i have a weird saliva very sticky and foamy all the time and my mouth feels dirty. my gums and teeth are perfect.

don't know what else to do i've tried probiotics and many things from chinese medicine and naturopath and nothing helped me.
i can say that i have digestive problems. but i've done twice gastroscopy and it was ok. maybe i need to do colonscopy.

sticky saliva like thick mucus? after you brush your teeth you get this nasty shit in your mouth (mixture of saliva / mucus)

if so, you may have LPR but I wont be able to tell you for certain

also another interesting read that I will be following starting saturday night when I receive my fruit juicer.

viewtopic.php?t=6031

Antibiotics hinder / kill digestive enzymes as well. I think this fruit juicing idea can only HELP...
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

the terminology in this thread is confusing to me, but I also have felt good after starting to use antibiotics, only for it to wear out after a while and backfire on me (at least this is how i perceive it). What does this mean for me?
gmx99
Total Newbie

Post by gmx99 »

@lookingforcure , what about oraltech labs ?
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

gmx99 wrote:@lookingforcure , what about oraltech labs ?

there was a member in a different topic that was giving away oraltech labs e books away for free. I don't have mine available at the moment because I'm in the middle of moving to a different home - ipad is lost somewhere in one of the moving boxes.

Oraltech labs is a guideline to help you prevent halitosis and it also shows the different ways your breath can be affected (sinuses can affect your breath along with your digestive system

It tells you the symptoms, and how to treat them.

They promote the use of hydrogen peroxide (.3%) because it oxygenates what it touches (aerobic vs anaerobic)

They have you follow a diet so you don't feed the "bad breath" bacteria. Now I'm sure you will find relief from following these guidelines but in no way is this a cure. A normal healthy person should not have to go through these guidelines but hey, what do I know. I'm still in the process of finding my cure.

I thought the diet was too limiting, you can't eat meat (no protein), diary (thickens mucus / also has protein), sugars etc. not right for a 22 year old in my opinion

All I'm trying to figure out, is for those that have and suffer from halitosis... were you at one point in your life diagnosed with H. Pylori?

I think that is the key question to ask. Still going day by day to get through this facken mess

life is not the same
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic