Your Email Address:

First Name:

ANAEROBIC BACTERIA THREAD

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

Did you find any relief from using antibiotics? Whether it was less offensive breath, not as much reflux?

I for one had incredible relief when I was on antibiotics. SSo I'm assuming (assumptions are never good but given the situation, it's the best we could do) my issue with reflux, and bad breath relates to bacteria.

I've had food allergy, allergy tests done and I think it's very important to get checked because an allergic reaction to something you've eaten could have your body react in a way of reflux ( not properly digested or simply trying to vomit it out)

I have no major allergies so that is ruled out. I'm still astonished how effective antibiotics were to my bad breath and reflux... that is why I'm hoping I'm still h. Pylori positive

look @trunks...

I agree that one reacts differently than another; not one person is the same. Diet is important for your general health, immune system and well-being. But there is some bug in us, that is making us smell. Why do antibiotics relieve my symptoms?

8-[

Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

lookingforcure wrote:Did you find any relief from using antibiotics? Whether it was less offensive breath, not as much reflux?

I for one had incredible relief when I was on antibiotics. SSo I'm assuming (assumptions are never good but given the situation, it's the best we could do) my issue with reflux, and bad breath relates to bacteria.

I've had food allergy, allergy tests done and I think it's very important to get checked because an allergic reaction to something you've eaten could have your body react in a way of reflux ( not properly digested or simply trying to vomit it out)

I have no major allergies so that is ruled out. I'm still astonished how effective antibiotics were to my bad breath and reflux... that is why I'm hoping I'm still h. Pylori positive

look @trunks...

I agree that one reacts differently than another; not one person is the same. Diet is important for your general health, immune system and well-being. But there is some bug in us, that is making us smell. Why do antibiotics relieve my symptoms?

8-[
I see what you are saying but it might all be related to bad diet.
Bad diet can trigger a proliferation of bad bacteria, can trigger body odor, weakens immune system... and so on. I think it's all related dude !
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

I just took the urea breath test. The urea sample you are supposed to drink tastes like strong lemonade for those who have yet to experience it.
Results come back in a week. I've asked what causes belching even on an empty stomach without eating all day but drinking water? No definitive answer as the cause can differ person to person. He did say however h. Pylori is a gas producing bacterium and it may be the cause ( he took 4 biopsies and all came out negative)

@trunks

I agree with you 100%
I believe we have a compound of problems that has a direct effect on our breath.

I believe a healthy diet can certainly improve breath. Also I was able to find this on a different forum as to why a person may belch even on an empty stomach.

in hopes of helping you find your answer, in some recent research I have stumbled across some information that may help point you in the right direction. While reading another post on this site located here (http://www.healingwell.com/community/de ... &m=1525051), if you read in the 4th post down by gordo, he mentions that through research and doctors he has determined that gas is due to improperly digesting food due to low enzyme levels. This can explain why you didn't have a problem in the past but now you do due to enzymes being able to drop in levels over time. Something that can easily help you determine if this is the case is to supplement enzymes. The hard part may be determing what type of enzymes to supplement as different enzymes are needed to break down different types of food. I have looked into this a little and have found that if enzymes are not present to break the food down, then bacteria will break it down and the bacteria then release gas as a result. I hope this information helps you in your search for the answer to your problem.

@trunks

How has your diet been / breath?
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

lookingforcure wrote:I just took the urea breath test. The urea sample you are supposed to drink tastes like strong lemonade for those who have yet to experience it.
Results come back in a week. I've asked what causes belching even on an empty stomach without eating all day but drinking water? No definitive answer as the cause can differ person to person. He did say however h. Pylori is a gas producing bacterium and it may be the cause ( he took 4 biopsies and all came out negative)

@trunks

I agree with you 100%
I believe we have a compound of problems that has a direct effect on our breath.

I believe a healthy diet can certainly improve breath. Also I was able to find this on a different forum as to why a person may belch even on an empty stomach.

in hopes of helping you find your answer, in some recent research I have stumbled across some information that may help point you in the right direction. While reading another post on this site located here (http://www.healingwell.com/community/de ... &m=1525051), if you read in the 4th post down by gordo, he mentions that through research and doctors he has determined that gas is due to improperly digesting food due to low enzyme levels. This can explain why you didn't have a problem in the past but now you do due to enzymes being able to drop in levels over time. Something that can easily help you determine if this is the case is to supplement enzymes. The hard part may be determing what type of enzymes to supplement as different enzymes are needed to break down different types of food. I have looked into this a little and have found that if enzymes are not present to break the food down, then bacteria will break it down and the bacteria then release gas as a result. I hope this information helps you in your search for the answer to your problem.

@trunks

How has your diet been / breath?
It's been terrible - I haven't been eating healthy lately.
I've noticed that my gums get sore due to poor diet -- especially if I don't floss at night.

I got few remarks from my gf about my breath since I stopped using dioxirinse.. I'm trying to use an all natural toothpaste (no glycerin, no fluoride etc) to regenerate my teeth. We'll see if it works..

Still lot of gas and greasy stools once in a while.. but when I drink a smoothie in the morning, my bread is not AS BAD -- as I mentioned before.
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16091443

the reason why metronidazole works so well with temporarily relieving or curing halitosis is because the antibiotic is able to be released through saliva.

the last sentence of the article "..results suggest that an increase in the number of H2S-producing bacteria in the tongue biofilm -(bacterial community) is responsible for oral malodour, although the bacterial composition of tongue biofilm was similar between the two groups.

Both groups had similar tongue biofilm, but the ones that suffer from oral malodour had HS2-producing bacteria.

I think going on a crazy alkaline diet, wheat grass shots, bunch of cucumbers while on metronidazole would be a crazy idea to try.

Now I just need the medicine

still waiting on the results
-.-
Total Newbie

Post by -.- »

Interesting, your symptoms sound a lot like mine. I had endoscopy done,and results came back of mild gastritis and H.Pylori positive. My Doc prescribed me a course of triple antibiotic. Which seemed to help a lot, while I can't say for sure that my bb was gone, because I didn't ask anyone, but my tongue cleared and my mouth didn't feel dry. Also I didn't notice any reactions from people when talking up close. Even when drinking (my breath seems to be deadly after couple of beers).
However shortly after I finished the antibiotics my symptoms came back (assuming they were really gone), I went back to the Doc, he had a blood test done and it came back h pylori negative. Hooray.. right? Well no, now I was stuck having no idea what was the cause
I bought bunch of things from health stores, but nothing really helped. Except maybe mastica chios and L glutamine, but It only worked for a day or two.
I also did candida diet, for like 3 months. I literally lived on vegetables and fish and chicken breast. But stopped because it didn't really help with my bb and I lost a lot of weight, I'm a fairly athletic guy so I was not happy about it. To be fair though my skin was really clear, while on candida diet, I get seborrheic dermatitis (mild) like breakouts once in a while.
So yea that's that, I'm thinking it could also be sibo or maybe gerd, because I get silent reflux. :-k
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

-.- wrote:Interesting, your symptoms sound a lot like mine. I had endoscopy done,and results came back of mild gastritis and H.Pylori positive. My Doc prescribed me a course of triple antibiotic. Which seemed to help a lot, while I can't say for sure that my bb was gone, because I didn't ask anyone, but my tongue cleared and my mouth didn't feel dry. Also I didn't notice any reactions from people when talking up close. Even when drinking (my breath seems to be deadly after couple of beers).
However shortly after I finished the antibiotics my symptoms came back (assuming they were really gone), I went back to the Doc, he had a blood test done and it came back h pylori negative. Hooray.. right? Well no, now I was stuck having no idea what was the cause
I bought bunch of things from health stores, but nothing really helped. Except maybe mastica chios and L glutamine, but It only worked for a day or two.
I also did candida diet, for like 3 months. I literally lived on vegetables and fish and chicken breast. But stopped because it didn't really help with my bb and I lost a lot of weight, I'm a fairly athletic guy so I was not happy about it. To be fair though my skin was really clear, while on candida diet, I get seborrheic dermatitis (mild) like breakouts once in a while.
So yea that's that, I'm thinking it could also be sibo or maybe gerd, because I get silent reflux. :-k

I don't think you took the right test to check if H. Pylori was successfully been treated.

A blood test checks for antibodies. Antibodies for H. Pylori can last 6months to a year. So you may have successfully treated H. Pylori and it is no longer in your body, but you will still have antibodies for H. Pylori.
I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure you don't take a blood test to retest for H. Pylori

When I was on antibiotics, LPR symptoms (feels like acid in my throat) was gone. And when I noticed that was gone? my mouth felt so much cleaner. I don't know why, but it did. Things tasted differently, water was more refreshing....
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

@lookingforcure: You've started making smoothies right? How is it working for you?

Also, have you read Malory's posts about a guy who successfully cured bad breath -- maybe worth going through the same tests.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic