Your Email Address:

First Name:

How I cured my Bad Breath.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
noptical
God

How I cured my Bad Breath.

Post by noptical »

Hello everyone
It's been a while since I visited and posted in this forum. I was a very active user back when the forum started in (in 2006??) when I was still 19yo :O
Now I'm 27 and my life is very different.
I stopped visiting after I realized how much all this bad breath related stuff was contributing to my depression so I just stopped thinking of it and pretending it doesn't exist. There are so many people with bb that live their life normally like everyone else because they don't even know they have it.
In fact, bad breath was thing that kept me down, otherwise my life was near perfect.
Here's a very brief story of my quest trying to get rid of this disease.
I'll try to make it as short as possible keeping only the most useful parts, but be prepared for a very long read anyway :)

1. Got bb probably all my life, started noticing in high school. My dental hygiene was like everyone else's (brushed 2 times a day and thats all) until I discovered I have bb, this is when I became obsessed with my dental hygiene. However my bb persisted, it was clear it had nothing to do with it.

2. Went to dentists, my teeth had nothing to do with it.

3. Went to various ENTs, everyone said I was fine. Had an endoscope shoved up my nose, doc said it was full of mucus. Had an xray that showed "mucosal thickening" in the sinuses. Also had a saliva culture test done, turned out fine. At this point after reading a lot of stuff I was convinced that it was my PND that caused this.
Never really had sinusitis in my life, I didn't even know what it was. However being a kid desperate for a cure, I was convinced that this was my problem. Doc prescribed my some antibiotics and a nasal spray that opens up your nostrils to help you breath and drain mucus. Didn't help. Prescribed me some harder antibiotics which turned out to be pretty bad stuff and messed up my intestines, since then I have what looks like Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Can't drink milk, eat fruits, coffee etc without running to the toilet. It improved somewhat since then, but its far from what it used to be, I could eat anything I want and wouldnt feel a thing.
NEVER TAKE ANTIBIOTICS UNLESS NECESSARY. DOCS DONT GIVE A DAMN, ITS NOT THEIR BODY THAT WILL BE RUINED. LATER IN MY LIFE I HAD A DOCTOR GIVE SOME OTHER ANTIBIOTICS ALTHOUGH I ASKED IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO AVOID THEM. DOC INSISTED AND THEY GAVE ME A PERMANENT VISION PROBLEM.

3. After 5 ENTs who couldn't help me, the last one I went (the one that did all the tests I mentioned above) told I most likely have a type of rhinitis (if I recall correctly) that causes me to have an excessive amount of mucous produced because of changes in temperature. Eg when going outside, or moving from a warmer room to a colder one. Other reason could be allergies.

4. This is where I started trying difference toothpastes and mouthwashes hoping something would help. Nothing made a difference. I even had to search my whole city for a pharmacy that sold a TheraBreath pack that consisted of a useless piece of shit mouthwash, toothpaste and tongue scraper. Finally I found one that was willing to make a special order from the company that imports it and I paid double price of what it costs in the US (I don't live in the US).
"Dr" Katz is just another scammer businessman who takes advantage of people's pain to make profit. Don't buy any of his shit. If you believe it helps you, its probably in your mind, working like a placebo. Common products from a super market do the same job and cost 1/10 of his products.

5. Forgot to mention that 2 of the ENTs mentioned that I had a deviated septum which could be the cause of my PND and that I had to have it fixed. I had the surgery, wasn't as bad as I expected pain-wise. Also had my enlarged turbinates (I think this is what they're called) cauterized.
Maybe my breathing improved a little (although the effect was negligible) however BB and PND were as bad as before.

6. I went to an allergist, he is also a pneumonology professor at a major university and has a pretty good name who was recommended to me by a friend of mine. I had to travel 2 hours to another city to visit him.
I had a full allergy test done on my back, test for a LOT of allergens, unlike most allergists who test you only for the very common ones. Turns out I had about ~20 minor allergies to various pollen, flour dust and other stuff. Also a few a little more major like to dust mites etc.
Doc prescribed me antihistamines, a Nasal spray (Nasonex) also gave me a Cortisone shot to see if it makes any difference. Neither the shot, spray or antihistamine meds made any difference. Or it was so small that it was insignificant.

7. Bought Chlorella and took that for a long period. Didn't help at all. All it did was make my shit green. It seems once you get "sick" there's a whole multibillion market of thousands of scam products and people who will gladly help you empty your pockets.

At this point in my life I was slowly becoming majorly depressed, I was losing all hope. I was only 19 and I was preparing for life of loneliness. Can't even describe you how that felt. I had girls hit on me and all I could do was avoid them to save myself from the humiliation the moment I start talking.

8. This is where I read someone talking about TUNG brush. It is like a tongue scraper, except it was a brush. I thought it would be another scam product. How a soft brush can clean better than a hard plastic scraper? My toothbrush is a "brush" too and I've tried it many times without results, how it could be any different?
However it only cost like 5 euros and I think it was another 5 for the gel so I decided to try it anyway, although I didn't have any hopes, I was just used to spending money on countless products so one more wouldn't hurt.
What you do is just put a small amount on the brush, and brush your tonge from the back to front with circular motion and then towards outside. For the first day it would make my tongue bleed a little and hurt (it said it would in the instructions). However after only a few days of using it, I noticed a difference. After a month of using it, after cleaning my tongue it would be almost completely pink! Never seen it like that before, with any product, not even CLOSE! I finally had some hope returning to me. My breath wouldn't stink nearly as bad. I was happy beyong words. It gave me enough confidence and this is where I became more outgoing and found my first girlfriend who never ever showed any reaction to my breath. :)
To this day I consider TUNG brush the only product that had any significant effect on my bad breath. And the funny thing is it was by far the cheapest.
Note that after using up the whole tube of gel I stopped using the gel completely and was using just a tiny bit of regular baking soda toothpaste (a little bigger than a grain of rice) and the effect was the same.
Another good thing is after using it for a while, the tongue becomes softer and brushing doesn't make it bleed or painful. Even better, after using it for months, brushing my tonge with a regular medium hardness toothbrush and toothpaste would clean it just like TUNG brush would!!! So ended up using the tooth brush all the time for cleaning my tongue but use TUNG brush every few days to keep my tongue "soft" so cleaning it with a regular toothbrush would be possible.
HOWEVER this was not yet the cure. This was a treatment that maybe made my breath 70% better for a few hours. Keep reading :)

9. I kept visiting the forum however my latest huge leap in getting rid of BB, got rid of my depression almost completely (since BB is the only reason I had it in the first place). I stopped researching spending countless hours every day researching BB and slowly stopped visiting this forum since only reading about BB would remind me of my sad sad past.

10. Fast forward to 2009. I've been using the TUNG brush for ~2.5 years and living my life normally. However I was really REALLY tired of my three times a day routine of brushing teeth thoroughly, then my tonge with tung brush. I was so scared of not doing it well and getting BB before I had a chance to come home and do it again that it took me literally 20 minutes everytime. Everyone was always complaining why I take so much time in the bathroom.

11. And although my breath was a million times better than it was my whole life, there was still something to be desired. When I exhaled I could feel a very bad smell that was not coming from my tongue but from the very very back of my throat, where the tonsils are. I had in my plans to have a tonsillectomy because I was constantly reading about people having tonsil stones and tonsils causing their bad breath so I had it in my "things to try" list since the beginning but I was too busy living my normal life and even the thought of getting involved in the long forgotten BB stuff made me depressed so I ignored it. However I never had docs complain about my tonsils and I never had tonsillitis or tonsil stones. This is where I started experiementing. The next morning when I was brushing my teeth I started messing with my tonsils and this is when I saw my first tonsil stone. I know this could be disgusting to you but, tough luck, all those years reading about BB i'm sure you've read a lot worse :P.
Anyway, it was really disgusting and smelled like shit of a dead dog who had indian food. So I added that to my brushing routine. After brushing my teeth and tongue, I would mess with the tonsils in case there's some of that nasty stuff stuck in there. That made my routine even longer. I was wasting a lot of time in front of the bathroom mirror 3 times a day but I didn't have a choice.

12. This is when I started getting tonsillitis ~3 times a year for the next 2 years. Tonsillitis is when your tonsils get inflamed and infected, hurt like HELL and is accompanied with a fever. If you think that swallowing is painful when your throat hurts, try doing that with tonsillitis. Btw, with tonsillitis your tonsils get coated with a white film that you can see in the mirror. This helps you identify it.
I'm pretty sure it had to do with me messing with my tonsils since before doing that I never had that in my life.
Anyway, after getting tonsillitis the first time I went to the doc and he gave me antibiotics for it (I think it was ceclor but I'm not sure). Only after 1 day of taking it, my tonsils would almost heal and the most amazing thing, my tongue would become pinker than ever before and I didn't even brush it those days since my whole mouth hurt! I immediatelly knew my tonsils have something to do with it. Of course after stopping the antibiotics my tongue would become white again and bad breath would return just like it was before.

13. Fast forward to end 2011, after all those years getting tired of spending 20+ minutes in the bathroom 3 times a day just to make sure I don't stink, after going through tonsillitis 5-6 times I decided it is time to do the last thing in my bad breath to-do checklist, getting my tonsils removed. I went to the doc, he looked at my tonsils he said they are not that bad and that a surgery is recommended only if you had tonsillitis more than 3 times a year for the last 3 years. I said definitely yes (I lied since the first time I had it was only 2 years before that) and the surgery was arranged to be done in 3 weeks.

14. The day came, I had the surgery after hearing all those horror stories of having a tonsillectomy as an adult and how painful it was. Not even close. The first day it was pretty painful and I couldn't even talk property since moving my mouth was really painful, but after 3 days it wasn't that bad. Considering the pain of tonsillitis, having your tonsils removed wasn't far off. Except having your tonsils removed is a one time thing.
It took around 1 month for me to heal completely although after 2 weeks there wasn't any pain. All I had to do was to avoid hard foods. I was eating soups all the time with barely any salt and anything spicy.
I was eager to see the results of my BB.
By the way, the doc said when he was removing my tonsils they turned out to be REALLY but and they basically were falling apart and smelled really bad and asked me how come I hadn't removed them earlier.

15. Now that I had healed, my tongue although wasn't pink it was FAR, FAAAR from what it was before. Only thing you need to know is, I don't use a TUNG brush anymore or any other product and my brushing routine is only 3-4 minutes :) All I do is brush my teeth for 3 minutes, then brush my tongue for 1 minute with a plain toothbrush a little bit of toothpaste. I got rid of what bad breath was left. Now exhaling doesn't smell ANYTHING no matter how hard I try :)
I still get bad breath if I don't brush, but normal people get too don't they :) But now I can get away with brushing only in the morning once and not brushing the whole day which is really nice for the days when I can't brush my teeth because I'm away from home because of work or uni etc.
Once in a while although rarely I might get bad morning breath (as in not the one normal people have, but the one distinct smell I had before the surgery) and I don't know the reason but I don't really care because that happens rarely anyway and is still not nearly as bad as before.
So conclusion is, I'm 90-95% cured in the sense that after I brush my "good" breath might last a little bit less
that that of the "normal" people.

I still have PND by the way although I don't have the feeling of constant mucous in my throat (maybe a little and rarely) and I don't spit a ton of clear mucous everytime I brush my teeth. Its just not there. My theory is, my allergies give me a constant increased production of mucous which flows down my throat. This mucous was trapped on and in the tonsils and the bacteria that live on the tonsils were feeding on it which is what produced the stench. Now that there are no tonsils, the mucous just flows down and isn't accumulated in the tonsils which is also why I don't feel like having my throat full of mucous all the time.
In other words, as I was saying even in the old days, allergies aren't the cause, at least not the lone cause. The cause was in the tonsils and the allergies made it really bad. If it was the allergies alone, a lot more people would have bad breath because a LOT of people have allergies. I didn't even have any acute symptoms, my allergy symptoms are mild to none.

So yeah, this is my story, hope it helps some people in their quest of getting their life back :)
I used to be a person closed to myself and my close friends, not outgoing and very bad low self esteem only because of BB. Many people thought I was antisocial or even had some psychological problems or something because when I wasn't with my friends I would sit by myself, and when I wasn't I was barely speaking beacuse I didn't want to kill them with chemical gasses since I would risk having USA bomb and invade my house in the search of terrorists and weapons of mass destruction.
Now I'm the complete opposite, people that I met after being cured think I'm the most social guy they ever met.
All I know is that I'm living my life normally, completely forgotten about bad breath since I had my tonsillectomy :)

Btw, here's a picture of my class back when I was still in school
Last edited by noptical on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ijwbtrma

Post by ijwbtrma »

did the first antibiotics heal you while you were taking them or not? what is the name of the antibiotics? were you ever given the antibiotics augmentin / amoxillin??? I was just prescribed it and I'm having thoughts as to whether to take it or not...... I also think the problem is from the back of throat somewhere because when i snot, my mucus stinks like shit.... did you experience this too? btw, did you ever try netipot?...... I'm tempted to think that what actually caused your bb to go was the second antibiotics course......... how long after you took the second course did you then have your tonsils removed?............. and you say the color of your mucus was clear? Not yellow? cause when I do saline wash I produce yellow mucus with some blood stains did you ever have blood coming out?
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

i'm very pleased for you! in the words of t.i. and rihanna- live your life!
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
nolagirl

Post by nolagirl »

@noptical, I'm so happy for you. Lord knows we all deserve to feel normal again:) And I totally feel you on how visiting this site can be very depressing. I continue to come back in the hopes of reading about a cure, but sometiimes it just becomes a huge, distressing time suck. Just curious... have you considered getting allergy shots to treat your allergies? I have a tonsillectomy coming up in a week, and I have a very similar set of symptoms to you, including allergies. My plan after healing from my tonsillectomy is to consult an allergist about getting allergy shots. I would love to just cut down on the mucus production a little bit. Did you cough up mucus periodically throughout the day before you had your surgery? I know you said you coughed up a lot of mucus while brushing your teeth, and I definitely know how that goes. Sorry for all the questions, I just would love to hear back from people who are having similar symptoms to me:) As far as the tung brush I personally prefer the orabrush, but I think any kind of tongue cleaning, no matter what type, is absolutely imperative for people with BB.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

ijwbtrma wrote:did the first antibiotics heal you while you were taking them or not? what is the name of the antibiotics? were you ever given the antibiotics augmentin / amoxillin??? I was just prescribed it and I'm having thoughts as to whether to take it or not...... I also think the problem is from the back of throat somewhere because when i snot, my mucus stinks like shit.... did you experience this too? btw, did you ever try netipot?...... I'm tempted to think that what actually caused your bb to go was the second antibiotics course......... how long after you took the second course did you then have your tonsils removed?............. and you say the color of your mucus was clear? Not yellow? cause when I do saline wash I produce yellow mucus with some blood stains did you ever have blood coming out?
Hi
I didn't make it clear in my original post. After I was done taking the antibiotics the doc gave me for tonsillitis, the white gunk along with bad breath returned. This is what happens when you treat the symptoms and not the cause at its root. I think the antibiotic was "Ceclor" though I'm not sure. I had multiple tonsillitis infections and took the same antibiotic everytime. The routine would be the same, tongue becomes pink, tonsils heal, I stop taking the antibiotics, after a few days tongue is white again, breath still stinks. Last time I took the tonsillitis antibiotics was at least 6 months before surgery.
Yes mucus was always clear, it would be green or yellow and sometimes with a little blood only when I was sick. Colored mucous is a sign of infection. If you have constantly green/yellow mucus have your sinuses checked.

Don't ever think that an antibiotic will cure your bad breath. If it was that simple there would be many more "cured" people. You need to fight the cause, not the symptom. You can kill all the bacteria you want, but what you need to do is find what causes the bacteria overpopulation in the first place else you're just wasting your time (and torturing your body with bad chemicals).

I've been given Augmentin after the tonsillectomy surgery if I recall correctly. It is just a general purpose antibiotic used for A LOT of stuff. I've seen it being used for Urinary tract infections, after wisdom teeth extraction and a lot of other stuff. I don't know why you was prescribed that, but if you have no other choice take it. It is not that heavy, its pretty common.
I don't think I ever smelled my mucus but I don't think it smelled like shit. Unless it came from the back of the mouth, then of course it did since it sat there on the tonsils.
I didn't try netipot, it is used by people who have bad case of sinusitis. In my case this was not the problem. Although my sinuses are full of mucus, they don't hurt nor are infected. I wasted years thinking it was my sinuses where the problem lies. Again, if it was that simple, a lot more people would have bad breath. Usually it is a combination of symptoms that cause bb, not one thing. If you have bad sinusitis it can definitely cause bad breath, otherwise I don't think so.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

FedUp wrote:i'm very pleased for you! in the words of t.i. and rihanna- live your life!
Yes after being tortured all my life with this, I can't even describe what a huge burden was lifted off of me when I got cured. My life is completely different now and it makes my sad just thinking what it could be if I was cured earlier or never had it. Wasted so many of my best years being in isolation because of it...
nolagirl wrote:@noptical, I'm so happy for you. Lord knows we all deserve to feel normal again:) And I totally feel you on how visiting this site can be very depressing. I continue to come back in the hopes of reading about a cure, but sometiimes it just becomes a huge, distressing time suck. Just curious... have you considered getting allergy shots to treat your allergies? I have a tonsillectomy coming up in a week, and I have a very similar set of symptoms to you, including allergies. My plan after healing from my tonsillectomy is to consult an allergist about getting allergy shots. I would love to just cut down on the mucus production a little bit. Did you cough up mucus periodically throughout the day before you had your surgery? I know you said you coughed up a lot of mucus while brushing your teeth, and I definitely know how that goes. Sorry for all the questions, I just would love to hear back from people who are having similar symptoms to me:) As far as the tung brush I personally prefer the orabrush, but I think any kind of tongue cleaning, no matter what type, is absolutely imperative for people with BB.
Don't ever ever let your hopes die! I lost my hope so many times, giving up and trying to accept my life as it was, but look at me now, persistence changed my life! In all my years researching bb, I've read stories of people getting cured on various forums, not once I thought I would be one of them later. So keep going strong :)

I considered getting allergy shots at the time but I was afraid they wont help me because at some point I become convinced that my allergies werent the cause of my bb because:
1. My symptoms are mild, so mild I had allergies all my life and I didn't even know it until I was tested... My nose becomes runny at random times throughout the year, not on allergy seasons, not because I sat under a tree (like a friend of mine who after a walk in the park his eyes becomes runny and itchy), not because I'm in a dustry room, nor for any other reason. It seems like its random. That thing the doc told me that I wrote in the original post makes sense (tissue inside my nose is sensitive to temperature changes which makes my nose runny when I go e.g outside or from a colder room to a warmer and vice versa).

2. Allergy meds make no difference (antihistamines) nor do nasal sprays.

3. Cortisone shots don't make a difference either. Cortisone is like the heavy artillery of anti-allergens. They almost instantly stop allergic reactions by regulating your immune system. They are used when someone has an acute allergic reaction or is in allergic shock. It works instantly and is very effective. So it stopped all of my allergic reactions, but my breath wasn't changed at all.

So for all these reasons itwas obvious allergies weren't the reason. Maybe they were contributing to it, but it wasnt the reason. Not to mention that I would have to take the allergy shots for 3 years, I think it was every other week and you can do it only for up to 3 allergens at a time. That means, you choose the 3 things you are most allergic to and get shots to cure them for the next 3 years. After than you can choose another 3.

Get your tonsils removed, then see. Until you do that don't think about anything else. You might not need to do anything else.

I didn't cough up mucus throughout the day, only when I brushed my tongue it seemed like tons of it was trapped behind it all over my throat. I had a feeling like my throat was full of mucus all day long.

Not sure about the orabrush, I never tried it. However I've tried countless of tongue scrapers and all of them were useless. If this orabrush doesn't make your tongue pink, try the tung brush.
ijwbtrma

Post by ijwbtrma »

Did you try taking probiotics after the antibiotic rounds to prevent another infection? @ Noptical????
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

ijwbtrma wrote:Did you try taking probiotics after the antibiotic rounds to prevent another infection? @ Noptical????
Why would I take antibiotics without having an infection? They are bad for your body as it is already, no need to take them without reason.
ijwbtrma

Post by ijwbtrma »

lol.... PROBIOTICS not antibiotics..... PROBIOTICS are good bacteria... that supress the growth of bad bacteria
ttylxman

Post by ttylxman »

Sounds like you had the exact same symptoms as I have. My PND is really obvious and my sinuses are OK except a tiny bit of congestion. Constant battle to keep my tongue clean and I often jet my tonsils with a waterpik containing chlorhexidine which provides slight relief.

I've just ordered a Tung brush and will be trying it with the chlorhexidine gel. I never get tonsillitis but do have tonsil stones and have very cryptic tonsils so I'll add getting them removed to my to-do list.

The only problem is that my doctor will never give me the procedure here without me having had tonsillitis many times prior.. And we can't pay privately so I'll have to travel to Mexico or somewhere else to get it done.

Thanks for sharing your story and I'm really glad it worked for you. I hope to see the same results considering the striking similarity of symptoms.

About what age did your problem start? Mine was around 12-13 and it has been over a decade now.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

ijwbtrma wrote:lol.... PROBIOTICS not antibiotics..... PROBIOTICS are good bacteria... that supress the growth of bad bacteria
Sorry, I misread what you typed :P With probiotics you don't prevent another infection because you can't take probiotics for your whole life. The flora on your tongue and generally in your mouth, comprises of hundreds of different types of bacteria. The probiotics you see on the market contain one or two, no more. Not to mention that these bacteria don't stay in your mouth, after you stop taking the probiotics they're gone.
If you've been using K12 or any other of those Dr. Katz "cures", you've been scammed.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

ttylxman wrote:Sounds like you had the exact same symptoms as I have. My PND is really obvious and my sinuses are OK except a tiny bit of congestion. Constant battle to keep my tongue clean and I often jet my tonsils with a waterpik containing chlorhexidine which provides slight relief.

I've just ordered a Tung brush and will be trying it with the chlorhexidine gel. I never get tonsillitis but do have tonsil stones and have very cryptic tonsils so I'll add getting them removed to my to-do list.

The only problem is that my doctor will never give me the procedure here without me having had tonsillitis many times prior.. And we can't pay privately so I'll have to travel to Mexico or somewhere else to get it done.

Thanks for sharing your story and I'm really glad it worked for you. I hope to see the same results considering the striking similarity of symptoms.

About what age did your problem start? Mine was around 12-13 and it has been over a decade now.
Hi
I have no idea when it started, but I think it was at about 12-13 for me too. But I think it might have been like that all my life, its just that at that age you start thinking more and realizing stuff you never noticed before so maybe this is the reason I remember it starting at that age. Its not like before that age anything matters, everything is good and life is simple :)

As I mentioned in my original post, I never had tonsillitis until the last few years when I started messing with my tonsils to get the stones out. This is the reason I never thought that my tonsils could be the problem. I've been reading a lot about people having stinking tonsils so I decided to massage mine and see if any stones come out. This is when I realized I have problems with my tonsils so I added the tonsil cleaning to my routine. This is when I started having tonsillitis a few times a year and it definitely had to do with me constantly playing with my tonsils.
Try going to a different doc and tell him to examine your tonsils and that you have tonsils stones constantly coming out and giving you bad breath.
My ENTs (5 of them) never complained about me having bad tonsils until I had them taken out and the one that took them out told me how bad they were.

I hope the TUNG brush helps you clean your tongue as it did for me. In the beginning it will be a little painful as it is a hard brush but don't worry. It will get easy fast and it is the only thing that worked for me after all those products I used and the funny thing is that it was by far the cheapest one, only 5eur. When you use it it is like its sucking all the saliva and mucus stuck inside your tongue along with the disgusting white stuff.

Definitely look into getting your tonsils removed, it might change your life :)
dan

Post by dan »

Glad to hear you were able to cure your BB. I'm just shocked that TUNG brush was a key component. I've used in on and off over the years and it really didn't do anything for me. Might have worked a bit in the first week or so the first time I tried it, but the BB always comes back. Now when I try using it my BB becomes much worse. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Nothing--and I mean NOTHING--seems to work for me, and I've pretty much tried everything.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

dan wrote:Glad to hear you were able to cure your BB. I'm just shocked that TUNG brush was a key component. I've used in on and off over the years and it really didn't do anything for me. Might have worked a bit in the first week or so the first time I tried it, but the BB always comes back. Now when I try using it my BB becomes much worse. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Nothing--and I mean NOTHING--seems to work for me, and I've pretty much tried everything.
The TUNG brush worked for me because that crap on my tongue was partly what caused my BB because it smelled like crap and all tongue scrapers I tried barely cleaned it and made my tongue hurt while the tung brush cleaned easily until it was almost pink, that's why I was happy I bought it. It was the first product that actually did something for me, and ironically, it was by far the cheapest. I even stopped using their gel after I went through the first tube and I started using regular toothpaste instead.
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

Hi! What a lovely post, I'm so glad another one of us is cured! I had a tonsillectomy nearly a year ago, I was convinced this was the cause of my bad breath, it didn't work for me though :(
Tung brush sounds like a great product for me, my tongue is HEAVILY yellow/white coated at any point in the day no matter how much I brush it. You said it made your tongue soft? My tongue is really textured and sort of carpet like or hairy, was your tongue like this before too?
Thank you! I'm so happy for you
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic