Your Email Address:

First Name:

My journey

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
PrettyKitty
Total Newbie

My journey

Post by PrettyKitty »

Well today is my birthday & I am down in the dumps. I've never contemplated s*****e so much in my life. I am suffering like most of you & watching it get worse by the year.

A little bit of background for me. I am lactose intolerant so as a kid I had an extremely hard time drinking milk, even as a baby according to my mom. I have always had issues w/ my gum health. I guess I slacked tremendously on my oral hygiene. I always had very fresh breath but gum disease. I distinctly remember a male dentist asking me if I had bad breath & I said no why & he said because my gums were so unhealthy. So I knew my gums might be the culprit.

3 or 4 times I would have swelling between my nose & top lip & it would literally make me look like a monkey for about 3 days until the swelling went down. The lady time that it happened changed my life & I regret the decision to this day. I would normally just allow the swelling to go away on its own but this time I had started a new job & didn't want to go there w/ the swelling so I went to an emergency dentist & had something done & the NEXT morning was when the nightmare began. I always had super fresh breath so I was use to speaking to ppl very closely but I noticed everyone rubbing their noses when I did or holding their nose & then I realized something was wrong.

Fast forward 11 years & now it's room filling which started about 3 months ago. If I walk past someone or laugh or speak I get the sneezing, coughing & sinus attacks. It is demoralizing. I know that I obviously have pretty gross breath but I can't smell it. Since I know my gums have always been an issue I tried addressing it. I use to have 7-8mm pockets w/ NO bad breath & I got them down to 3's & 4's but I have horrible breath. I just don't get it!!

I notice when I use peroxide, baking soda or even oil pulling my breath becomes worse. Flagyl didn't do anything for me. Nothing has!! As soon as I open my mouth my nose itches which tells me that my breath is pretty bad. Can someone who thinks their issue is gum related give me any tip at all yo make things a tiny bit better.

I'm at my wits end. I am so self conscious that I keep my mouth tightly closed ALL day & I wonder if I'm making it worse. I am in Fla. I would love to meet someone in person & get a better understanding.

When I was in high school one of my classmates had bad breath & everyone knew it (albeit it probably nothing like mine) but she did have halitosis & my dad used to take us both yo school & my dad would roll down the windows when she spoke because of her breath but I still thought she was a cool person & loved hanging out with her. I never treated her differently so I don't understand why ppl are so stinking cruel.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

If your gum isn't diseased (generally red and inflamed near the gum line) any more, have you tried using a Waterpik type irrigator to flush the bacteria and gunk out of those deep pockets? If you can get some Corsodyl or any type of Chlorhexidine mouthwash and put a small amount in the water, this will really clean your gum pockets out and might even promote further healing of your gums.

Flossing with normal string floss is nothing compared to hydro flossing.

Nobody knows the reasons why yet, but periodontal disease doesn't usually cause bad breath, yet gingivitis always causes very bad breath. Yet both are serious abnormal bacterial situations in the mouth. That might relate to why deeper pockets didn't appear to cause you as much of a breath problem as less deep pockets are now doing.

I am probably talking nonsense there, but I might not be, and there may be a certain depth where bad breath odour tends to peak. I'm sure that bacteria "know" and communicate when our defenses have been breached, even something as seemingly innocuous like our gums, and this then causes bacteria in the whole vicinity to go into a frenzy and then that's how the tongue gets coated etc and the odours increase.

Sorry to read you are having such a bad time. Please don't give up trying. Everyone feels your pain and understands what you are going through. Your bad breath could end just as quickly as it started if you manage to get to the root of it.
Trunks99
Advanced

Re: My journey

Post by Trunks99 »

PrettyKitty wrote:Well today is my birthday & I am down in the dumps. I've never contemplated s*****e so much in my life. I am suffering like most of you & watching it get worse by the year.

A little bit of background for me. I am lactose intolerant so as a kid I had an extremely hard time drinking milk, even as a baby according to my mom. I have always had issues w/ my gum health. I guess I slacked tremendously on my oral hygiene. I always had very fresh breath but gum disease. I distinctly remember a male dentist asking me if I had bad breath & I said no why & he said because my gums were so unhealthy. So I knew my gums might be the culprit.

3 or 4 times I would have swelling between my nose & top lip & it would literally make me look like a monkey for about 3 days until the swelling went down. The lady time that it happened changed my life & I regret the decision to this day. I would normally just allow the swelling to go away on its own but this time I had started a new job & didn't want to go there w/ the swelling so I went to an emergency dentist & had something done & the NEXT morning was when the nightmare began. I always had super fresh breath so I was use to speaking to ppl very closely but I noticed everyone rubbing their noses when I did or holding their nose & then I realized something was wrong.

Fast forward 11 years & now it's room filling which started about 3 months ago. If I walk past someone or laugh or speak I get the sneezing, coughing & sinus attacks. It is demoralizing. I know that I obviously have pretty gross breath but I can't smell it. Since I know my gums have always been an issue I tried addressing it. I use to have 7-8mm pockets w/ NO bad breath & I got them down to 3's & 4's but I have horrible breath. I just don't get it!!

I notice when I use peroxide, baking soda or even oil pulling my breath becomes worse. Flagyl didn't do anything for me. Nothing has!! As soon as I open my mouth my nose itches which tells me that my breath is pretty bad. Can someone who thinks their issue is gum related give me any tip at all yo make things a tiny bit better.

I'm at my wits end. I am so self conscious that I keep my mouth tightly closed ALL day & I wonder if I'm making it worse. I am in Fla. I would love to meet someone in person & get a better understanding.

When I was in high school one of my classmates had bad breath & everyone knew it (albeit it probably nothing like mine) but she did have halitosis & my dad used to take us both yo school & my dad would roll down the windows when she spoke because of her breath but I still thought she was a cool person & loved hanging out with her. I never treated her differently so I don't understand why ppl are so stinking cruel.
PrettyKitty, how long have you tried oil pulling for? For me, it took 2-3 weeks until I noticed a difference.

If you are certain that your gums are causing your bad breath, here is what I think you should do:

- get a deep cleaning.
- Floss EVERYDAY
- Change your diet -> too much breat, cheese, sugar etc will affect your gums.
- Water fast for three days and you'll see that your gums will improve. Make sure you are supervised when you fast.
- Try oil pulling at night, before going to bed.

Do you have BO?
Does your saliva stink?
How often do your gums bleed?
PrettyKitty
Total Newbie

RE:

Post by PrettyKitty »

Sorry to read you are having such a bad time. Please don't give up trying. Everyone feels your pain and understands what you are going through. Your bad breath could end just as quickly as it started if you manage to get to the root of it.

Thank you so much! I actually had a wonderful birthday. Dust realize how much I mean 2 my family even w/ this condition. Would still LOVE 2 be normal again
PrettyKitty
Total Newbie

Post by PrettyKitty »

Trunks99 wrote:
PrettyKitty wrote:Well today is my birthday & I am down in the dumps. I've never contemplated s*****e so much in my life. I am suffering like most of you & watching it get worse by the year.

PrettyKitty, how long have you tried oil pulling for? For me, it took 2-3 weeks until I noticed a difference.

If you are certain that your gums are causing your bad breath, here is what I think you should do:

- get a deep cleaning.
- Floss EVERYDAY
- Water fast for three days and you'll see that your gums will improve. Make sure you are supervised when you fast.

Do you have BO?
Does your saliva stink?

I'm not so sure anymore if it's my gums. Yesterday my crown fell off of a molar in the back of my mouth. I recently moved to West Palm Beach from Miami & every dentist told me to extract the tooth but the dentist in WPB suggested a crown. I didn't think it made sense but I went along. Just to give u an idea... the tooth is broken in half & some parts of it are brown. If I rub it & smell my finger, there is an odor.

Fast forward to yesterday... the crown broke up & the part that broke smelled HORRIBLY! !! I can't describe the odor & all I could think is... is this what my breath smells like to others?! It was HORRIBLE

Well it has me thinking... I wonder if it is possible that the tooth us causing the bad breath. Do u think a rotten tooth can cause halitosis? I scheduled an appt to have it extracted tmw morning.

To answer ur question. No, I don't have BO. I've been OP off & on for 3 months w/ coconut oil & i swear OP & Peroxide make my breath worse. Even fruit w/ minimal sugar makes my breath worse. Even sugar free gum. I don't get it...
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

PrettyKitty wrote:
Trunks99 wrote:

- get a deep cleaning.
- Floss EVERYDAY

Do you have BO?
Does your saliva stink?

I'm not so sure anymore if it's my gums. Yesterday my crown fell off of a molar in the back of my mouth. I recently moved to West Palm Beach from Miami & every dentist told me to extract the tooth but the dentist in WPB suggested a crown. I didn't think it made sense but I went along. Just to give u an idea... the tooth is broken in half & some parts of it are brown. If I rub it & smell my finger, there is an odor.

Fast forward to yesterday... the crown broke up & the part that broke smelled HORRIBLY! !! I can't describe the odor & all I could think is... is this what my breath smells like to others?! It was HORRIBLE

Well it has me thinking... I wonder if it is possible that the tooth us causing the bad breath. Do u think a rotten tooth can cause halitosis? I scheduled an appt to have it extracted tmw morning.

To answer ur question. No, I don't have BO. I've been OP off & on for 3 months w/ coconut oil & i swear OP & Peroxide make my breath worse. Even fruit w/ minimal sugar makes my breath worse. Even sugar free gum. I don't get it...
I'm pretty sure bad teeth can cause bad breath. Keep us updated.
You should watch your diet and try supervised water fasting if extracting your tooth doesn;t help improve your breath. (it should help though)
PrettyKitty
Total Newbie

Post by PrettyKitty »

It's been a few days since the extraction. I believe 2 or 3 days & I'm still extremely sore but I haven't noticed any improvement. I am still getting reactions. I don't know what else to do at this point...
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

PrettyKitty wrote:It's been a few days since the extraction. I believe 2 or 3 days & I'm still extremely sore but I haven't noticed any improvement. I am still getting reactions. I don't know what else to do at this point...
You gotta wait 2-3 weeks at least.
PrettyKitty
Total Newbie

Post by PrettyKitty »

Trunks99 wrote:
PrettyKitty wrote:It's been a few days since the extraction. I believe 2 or 3 days & I'm still extremely sore but I haven't noticed any improvement. I am still getting reactions. I don't know what else to do at this point...
Oh okay. I thought once the problem tooth was gone it would happen immediately. That's another issue, I'm so impatient. I have to work on that!! Where did you get the 2-3 week time frame from?
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

PrettyKitty wrote:
Trunks99 wrote:
Oh okay. I thought once the problem tooth was gone it would happen immediately. That's another issue, I'm so impatient. I have to work on that!! Where did you get the 2-3 week time frame from?
I had a similar problem. It was related to my gums though.. I got a deep cleaning done and I waited few weeks and felt an improvement.. simply because gums need time to heal.
Just make sure you floss everyday and thoroughly brush your teeth (careful not to hurt your gums though).
komobee
Total Newbie

fermented food

Post by komobee »

try including fermented food in your diet. search for water kefir, it works great in gum related problems. this is the cure to our breath problems
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic