Your Email Address:

First Name:

False adenoids hope

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

halitosisux wrote:
Atrial wrote:If someone with tonsil bb went to a meeting he should be able to detect the tmau bb. 99% of people say they couldn't detect anyone else .
I haven't been tested for TMAU but based on other people who have tmau and they couldn't detect anyone and no one could detect them shows how large Tmau is in this community.

We can't suite facts to our desires.
I agree, that for many people it's likely to be TMAU or something very similar or related to TMAU. But regarding meetups, primary TMAU is extremely rare, and is usually where strong fishy odour occurs. But secondary TMAU is different and isn't usually present all the time and usually involves a whole mix of different odours, like fecal, burnt toast, burnt rubber, garbage, for example. This is because this is what trimethylamine smells of at low concentrations. It's only a fishy smell at high concentrations. And because secondary TMAU involves lower concentrations of TMA than primary, it doesn't generally come out through the skin like primary TMAU does, but rather through saliva and mucus, and of course through the lungs at times. Lower concentrations are also likely to give an intermittent nature to the odours. This is the most likely reason why people tend not to smell at meetups.

If all the tmau type 2 members are having good breath day how come they can't smell all the other meetup participants that are NOT suffering from tmau.
If you have tmau type 2 there is no reason why you couldn't detect odor of non tmau bb.

Or is everyone of every meeting having a fresh breath day randomly.

I myself used to believe tmau was fish related odor.
But most type 2 smells non-fish.

mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Just want to say Halitosisux does a great job as moderator!!! Facts and stays neutral, again kudos.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks Mindyb! Good luck with your appointment tomorrow!!
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Cross-posted.
This is what happened at my ENT appointment today:
He came in and said adults don't have adenoids. Negative and shaking his head like I was not going to tell him different. I Told him to please look at my CT scan from a year ago, he left and came back. Said he didn't see any adenoids, let alone stones or such.
He then gave me a pamphlet on GERD and acid reflux. I told him I'm on Prilosec and and a high dose (lie, I was on it- but it did nothing for my breath).

I then said my life is horrible, gave him a sob story how my dentist and stomach doctor cannot find anything. I can't live like this!!!!! I know I sound crazy, yada yada yada.
He asked if he could numb my nostrils and take a scope down it to look around. Yes, of course please do!!!!!!!!
He said I have a VERY small amount of adenoid tissue. I asked him if he could poke it with a swab and see if it smelled, he couldn't do that.

My deviated septum is bad enough to get fixed he told me again, and if I would like he would remove the small amount of tissue in my adenoids.

He then looked at me with all sincerity and said I do NOT think this is going to help your breath issue.

I did not schedule anything, I do have to think about it. Part of me thinks he is right. I have had so many things done. I've had this affliction since 1997.

Any advice and thoughts are welcome.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Hi Mindy..

The surgery for the adenoids is very simple and painless.
Have the surgery you have nothing to lose.
Just keep your hopes low.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Mindy, what type of bb would you say you have? Is it fecal odour or sour/vinegar type?
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

Post by 9YearsToFindCure »

Mindy, over the years, several ENTs told me something similar. When I finally had the surgery, my surgeon finds a Tornwaldt cyst in the middle of the adenoid and plenty of smelly stuff under the adenoid. I had my deviated septum corrected at the same time too. I don't think there is much money in it for them with just an adenoidectomy. That's why they like to do both at the same time. If he's willing to do it, I say go for it. Just make sure you're clear with him to explore for and remove any kind of tonsil tissue while you're under.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Atrial wrote:If all the tmau type 2 members are having good breath day how come they can't smell all the other meetup participants that are NOT suffering from tmau.
If you have tmau type 2 there is no reason why you couldn't detect odor of non tmau bb.

Or is everyone of every meeting having a fresh breath day randomly.
These are all important questions to try to understand, which we can only guess and speculate on. It's possible that the TMAU 2'ers (who may still be undiagnosed) are having a good day, yes. Stress is always a factor with BB, and not actually having to worry about smelling bad is a huge stress relief. Also, the non-TMAU 2'ers simply might not have a BB problem, or only intermittent BB. That's why I've put it to the people who organise meetups to arrange to have a group of neutral people present to do the objective breath testing, rather than the BB members who are attending. University students are always doing such voluteering tasks where they get paid a small amount in return. This would be a great way of really understanding what's going on.
ThinkPositive
Junior

Post by ThinkPositive »

what are the symptoms of secondary tmau?
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

StillHoping wrote:Mindy, what type of bb would you say you have? Is it fecal odour or sour/vinegar type?
My bad breath has been described as:
Poop
Mothball
Garbage
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic