Your Email Address:

First Name:

What Cured My Halitosis/Bad Breath - Tonsils and Adenoids - BEWARE SIDE EFFECTS, CHOKING ON LIQUIDS, 9YEARS SCAM????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

Post by 9YearsToFindCure »

FedUp wrote:
ExhaleSafely wrote:
FedUp wrote: i was told that options could be discussed after a scan instead of going in blindly. was also told the surgery could be done but again will have to see after the scan. but i'm not highly optimistic about the scan.

and mindyb, trying anything and everything is better than scratching our heads, if we stop trying then we may as well accept this life which i can't.
FedUp, do you live in the US? I am fairly certain that you can opt out of a scan based not only on the cost of it (which is very high), but also just based on an unwillingness to receive the high amounts of radiation that you get from a scan.

I agree with Jimi Stein in that it could be of little or no use to you. It's my (uneducated) opinion that "healthy" tissue on a scan could still be smelly based on the adenoid's ability to trap and store bacteria and mucus. I'd try to just go ahead and get them out from a surgeon that will work around budget and concerns of radiation.

Just my two cents, but either way I wish you luck.

The smell is from that site, when i poked it with a cotton bud i could sense it. the cost isn't too much here in the UK. i have to call to find out. If this scan proves my sinuses are fine then he can't deny me the op, there is tissue there i'm maintaining the smell is from there, he's getting paid and it may save me so why not? and 9years i will pm you my email thank for your reply. tornwald cysts can't be just coincidental. I recall they couldn't actually see it until they went in to look at my post nasal space. I recall my scan 3 years ago showed "something" but other than that sinuses were clear.
I understand that we wants to do a CT of the sinuses, but make him prescribe one with focus on the Adenoids' area as well. That's what they studied in the reasearch link I sent you.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Is Dr. Aydinmur still around?
I wonder what he has to say on the Adenoids.

9years, sorry if you've already mentioned this, but did your PND smell bad?
For example, if you snorted some from the back of your nose and then spit it out, did it ever had any odour to it? Also, did you have tongue odour, such as when you rubbed it with a finger or do the "lick test". Again, sorry if you've already mentioned this.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

£750 for a scan. sorry but no way i am doing that. I've already had one scan and it came up clear, i wasn't expecting a scan to be more than £300- which to me was ok just to jump to the hurdle of adenoidectomy. back to square one..... need another ENT.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

Hello 9Years,

Thank you so much for sharing your success story! Thanks for sticking around even though you appear to have found your cure. I commend you for your dedication to the group.

I have always thought that my issue originated from behind the nasal cavity. I even had an ENT check out my adenoids with a nasal scope. I was told that I had nothing there.

I first noticed my bad breath about 10 years ago.

Here is my story:

1) Had a root canal on a molar about 10 years ago. That root canal ultimately failed which caused me to have it retreated 4 years later. A few years after that, I had my dentist check it out to make sure it was not contributing towards my bad breath. He took some x-rays and saw some shadows below the tooth root. This was dismissed as normal and stable. None the less, I insisted on having the crown removed and later opted to extract the tooth. After the surgery, I was told that there was a cyst at the tip of the root and It was good that I had it removed. Unfortunately, this did not cure my bad breath.

2) I also had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted about 8 years ago, 2 of which were impacted. No cure.

3) Next I checked for gut issues. I went to my primary care doctor complaining of stomach issues and bad breath. I told him that many people have found that H Pylori was the cause of their bad breath. He gave me the H. Pylori (breath test) which came back negative.

4) Still unconvinced, I had a gastroenterologist perform an endoscopy to check out my throat and stomach. Although the biopsy for H. Pylori came back negative and normal findings for everything else, I was able to coerce the doctor to give me the triple antibiotic therapy. No cure.

5) I also went to an ENT to check my sinuses, nasal cavity, and throat. He gave me a CT scan which indicated that my sinuses were ok except for a slight deviated septum. He prescribed me Amoxicillin. No cure.

6) About a year after that, I went to another ENT complaining of bad breath, nasal congestion, post nasal drip, and mucus buildup behind the nose. He suspected LPR (silent reflux). I was prescribed Omeprazole, a nasal spray, and a Mupirocin ointment wash for the nasal cavity. Still no cure.

7) That same ENT took a biopsy of my tongue to see if there was any abnormal bacteria causing my bad breath. Although nothing showed up on the report, he agreed to prescribe a round of Clindamycin. No Cure.

8) Given the fact that nothing else worked, I saw the ENT once again. Although he did not think that it would cure me, he agreed to remove my palatine tonsils. At my follow up visit, he told me that he was cautiously optimistic. The pathology report came back indicating that my tonsil specimens had "sulfur granules" in them. He had never seen anything like this before. I was ecstatic. I finally thought I found my cure. Unfortunately no cure.

Until I read your post, I have almost completely given up hope. I will make an appointment with my ENT to have the Adenoids checked again.

Thanks for your help,

StinkBomb
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

halitosisux wrote:Is Dr. Aydinmur still around?
I wonder what he has to say on the Adenoids.

9years, sorry if you've already mentioned this, but did your PND smell bad?
For example, if you snorted some from the back of your nose and then spit it out, did it ever had any odour to it? Also, did you have tongue odour, such as when you rubbed it with a finger or do the "lick test". Again, sorry if you've already mentioned this.
Yes, my PND definitely smelled and so did my tongue. I would use a tongue scraper and could smell something bad in my saliva.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

StinkBomb wrote:Hello 9Years,

Thank you so much for sharing your success story! Thanks for sticking around even though you appear to have found your cure. I commend you for your dedication to the group.

I have always thought that my issue originated from behind the nasal cavity. I even had an ENT check out my adenoids with a nasal scope. I was told that I had nothing there.

I first noticed my bad breath about 10 years ago.

Here is my story:

1) Had a root canal on a molar about 10 years ago. That root canal ultimately failed which caused me to have it retreated 4 years later. A few years after that, I had my dentist check it out to make sure it was not contributing towards my bad breath. He took some x-rays and saw some shadows below the tooth root. This was dismissed as normal and stable. None the less, I insisted on having the crown removed and later opted to extract the tooth. After the surgery, I was told that there was a cyst at the tip of the root and It was good that I had it removed. Unfortunately, this did not cure my bad breath.

2) I also had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted about 8 years ago, 2 of which were impacted. No cure.

3) Next I checked for gut issues. I went to my primary care doctor complaining of stomach issues and bad breath. I told him that many people have found that H Pylori was the cause of their bad breath. He gave me the H. Pylori (breath test) which came back negative.

4) Still unconvinced, I had a gastroenterologist perform an endoscopy to check out my throat and stomach. Although the biopsy for H. Pylori came back negative and normal findings for everything else, I was able to coerce the doctor to give me the triple antibiotic therapy. No cure.

5) I also went to an ENT to check my sinuses, nasal cavity, and throat. He gave me a CT scan which indicated that my sinuses were ok except for a slight deviated septum. He prescribed me Amoxicillin. No cure.

6) About a year after that, I went to another ENT complaining of bad breath, nasal congestion, post nasal drip, and mucus buildup behind the nose. He suspected LPR (silent reflux). I was prescribed Omeprazole, a nasal spray, and a Mupirocin ointment wash for the nasal cavity. Still no cure.

7) That same ENT took a biopsy of my tongue to see if there was any abnormal bacteria causing my bad breath. Although nothing showed up on the report, he agreed to prescribe a round of Clindamycin. No Cure.

8) Given the fact that nothing else worked, I saw the ENT once again. Although he did not think that it would cure me, he agreed to remove my palatine tonsils. At my follow up visit, he told me that he was cautiously optimistic. The pathology report came back indicating that my tonsil specimens had "sulfur granules" in them. He had never seen anything like this before. I was ecstatic. I finally thought I found my cure. Unfortunately no cure.

Until I read your post, I have almost completely given up hope. I will make an appointment with my ENT to have the Adenoids checked again.

Thanks for your help,

StinkBomb
You just made my day. Thanks for the kind words. I see that you're new to the site and that's your first post. The fact that seeing my post may finally lead you to your cure makes it all worth it. That's an incredible journey you've been through. It makes mine look like a walk in the park. But we all know, no matter what medical tortures we put ourselves through to find a cure, none compare to the torture of living with bad breath.

My original ENT in 2005 found the same in my tonsils and my 2014 ENT didn't see anything impressive with a nasal scope either. Fortunately he still took them out.

Bring the French research study on adenoids in my original post to your ENT. And feel free to reach out.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

9YearsToFindCure wrote:Yes, my PND definitely smelled and so did my tongue. I would use a tongue scraper and could smell something bad in my saliva.
I'm presuming that now this is much less or even completely diminished?

Great news, and further evidence of your success.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

There is an online portal to contact my doctor directly. So I filled it out in detail asking him to look for tornwaldt cysts, left over tonsils, and all adenoids..for my upcoming procedure. I was very lengthy, I also attached the medical article from 9years and asked his opinion on the article.

All I got was from his asst. saying he'll take care of everything.

So I replied, did the doctor read all of my concerns?

Yes, the dr. did and will take care of everything.

He was so dismissive, I just hope he takes this seriously. I don't want to attempt another doctor, but I also don't want to have this done and not be taken seriously. There is a lot of gray area I feel, it's not just black and white.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

when you have the surgery mindy?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

halitosisux wrote:
9YearsToFindCure wrote:Yes, my PND definitely smelled and so did my tongue. I would use a tongue scraper and could smell something bad in my saliva.
I'm presuming that now this is much less or even completely diminished?

Great news, and further evidence of your success.
I get extra mucus when I eat certain foods like dairy, but no more smell.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

9YearsToFindCure wrote:
Yes, my PND definitely smelled and so did my tongue. I would use a tongue scraper and could smell something bad in my saliva.
9years, was your tongue ever white and coated? My tongue is so strange. I was trying to post a pic of it. I mainly have a white tongue with 2 or 3 pink patches.
I see people with pink healthy looking tongues. I want that! How did your tongue change after your surgery?

Jimi, April 7 is the day I go in for it
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

but some people have fully coated white tongue.......with no bad breath, that is concerning
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

Hey Mindy and Jimi,
Yes, I defintiely had a constant white coated tongue before surgery. I noticed a huge difference after surgery. Sometimes my tongue is pink and sometimes there is whiteness to it, depending on what I eat and I think it can be related to allegies too. But nothing like before surgery when it was constantly bombarded with the bacteria stored in my adenoids. I've read that a little whiteness is natural at times, but obviously not what we have and had. There are also other reasons people get a whiter coat on their tongue. For instance, read this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... crets.html
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Funny reading that Miley story.

All those experts in pseudo nonsense coming out with their usual nonsense. Who the hell isn't stressed these days anyway? Some people thrive on stress. These people sound like my brother and sister who made me become obsessed with my own imperfections. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have given 2 shits about bad breath or the rest of the things they've made me become paranoid about.

If this Miley person doesn't have bad breath or other oral health problems, then why the hell does it matter what her tongue looks like? If I was her reading this NONSENSE story I'd drink food colourant and show off my coated tongue, different colour every day, just to piss them off
Corpsebreath
Advanced

My adenoids look like a vagina

Post by Corpsebreath »

I bought an endoscope and took some pictures of my adenoids.
I think they look kind of suspicious. What do you guys think? Should i get them out?
http://imgur.com/a/zbfO6/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic