Your Email Address:

First Name:

Three things that are a big help

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior
Three things that are a big help

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

After using birth control pills for a couple of months last year, I was able to stop most of the nasal odor that I've had since 2010. (i believe i did post about the birth control on a thread on this website). I stopped taking it after about 2 or 3 months because long term usage of the Diane pill is associated with blood clots and other bad stuff.

So anyway, after this, the nasal odor was decreased a lot but would come back somewhat depending on what i ate. Bad breath for me is strongly related to my nasal odor. When my nasal odor is minimal, bad breath is not that potent. and vice versa. The longer i was off the birth control the more the nasal odor came back. but it was never as strong as pre-birth control.

Fast forward to Feb 2015 and I've found a few things that are a great help! FIRST, good quality bentonite clay.

1) i've seen the post of the guy who was taking bentonite clay with apple juice for months and that cured him but that didn't seem to do much for me. What I did was mix the clay with enough water to make a paste (you have to leave it overnight to allow it to really mix properly). Then on a saturday where i knew I didn't have to go anywhere or see anyone, I filled my mouth with that paste, covering my tongue as far back as i could. AND I SAT LIKE THAT FOR AROUND 6 HOURS. sit there, watch tv. spit out when your mouth gets too full with saliva. immediately put more bentonite clay in. just make sure your mouth is filled for a few hours and that the clay sits long enough to draw the bad odors out, like don't spit out every 2 minutes.

WHY DID I DECIDE TO TRY THIS? because it worked on my scalp odor first. i've had scalp odor as long as i've had nasal odor (maybe they're related) and like the nasal odor, i've managed to decrease it somewhat over the years. but it was still there, a day or two after I've washed my hair. So what i recently tried was the bentonite clay paste mixed with a little ACV rubbed onto my hair and kept overnight while i slept with a shower cap. i had zero scalp odor for two weeks after this, which was a miracle. third week my scalp started smelling a little which i believe is normal. I have braids so I can't wash my hair often so that whole time my hair wasn't washed.

Long story short, keeping the bentonite clay paste in my mouth 6 hours first day, then 3 hours next day, then 1 hour the rest of the days, made my nasal odor disappear. Bad breath is still there but is diminishing, i can order food at fast food places quite comfortably now without people flinching or rubbing their nose. NOW I MUST BE HONEST: the odor comes back after i eat that fast food. so then i do the bentonite clay before bed, then the next day i'm okay again. Now I don't really keep it in my mouth for 1 hour anymore, more like 15 at night and 15 in the morning. maybe i need more weeks with 1 hour.

The truth is our mouths are a mess so we need to allow them to heal and we (I) need to stop complaining and feeling sorry for myself that I can't eat the things my fresh breath friends do. Plan: Eat right, do the bentonite clay, don't let the bacteria have a chance to thrive. Maybe months down the line we'll be able to eat what we want? it's a learning process.

NB NB NB: find a good quality bentonite clay meant for ingestion. at first I used one that i bought at a health store but which stated on the jar that it was for face masks. that brand did nothing for me. i switched to a brand that you can ingest and that helped my scalp and mouth.

2) okay I said there were a few things that helped me. second is SUNLIGHT GREEN BAR LAUNDRY SOAP. I'm not sure if it's sold in all countries. Toothpaste is crap in my opinion. I stopped using toothpaste a few months ago as it obviously wasn't helping, right? Research "brushing teeth with soap" and look for testimonials. you'll be convinced too. The soap needs to be a pure soap with no fragrances and stuff. I've been using soap to brush for about 2 months but in the last week I specifically started using the green bar. Breath is much improved. I hope it keeps improving.

3) probiotics. i know we've all used them. over the years i've bought the most expensive probiotics on the market trying to solve this problem - flora balance, primal defense, etc. But i've found that the one which seems to help me is a cheapie one that doesn't even need refrigeration. It doesn't have that many organisms in it but I just feel it working in my gut unlike the others. This is Solgar Advanced 40+ or just Advanced Acidophilus. I know all our bodies are different but I'm just saying don't give up on probiotics. the reason I'm taking probiotics is bc my scalp odor was an indication that my problems are not just oral in source. something is out of wack in my whole body and even if the bentonite can draw out the odor right at the oral source, I would still like to fix underlying problems.

**** PLEASE NOTE that I am not claiming to be cured. I am improving and I hope to continue improving. the only reason I'm sharing it now before I know what really works is because maybe there is someone out there with an interview or a family gathering who just needs something that can reduce the odor a lot, even temporarily. I hope this helps. And I hope it leads to a permanent solution for us.

Another reason I'm sharing this is for my own selfish reasons - I need to start putting good food into my body and stop eating junk, so that I can really defeat all this bacteria. Committing myself to this plan here online will help me do that. We need to start seeing ourselves as ILL. People with things wrong with their body, like cancer, they eat as healthily as possible to try and get their bodies to a good place again. I need to look at my situation like that. no whining, no feeling sorry for myself.

peace

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

usually things that work suddenly only work for few days, because bacterias adapt to whatever you are doing.

Please continue and elaborate the whole thing after 2 weeks, that should give you an idea if this is a another dud or it really works.....

our bacterias are nasty, they adapt and survive....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

Jimi Stein wrote:usually things that work suddenly only work for few days, because bacterias adapt to whatever you are doing.

Please continue and elaborate the whole thing after 2 weeks, that should give you an idea if this is a another dud or it really works.....

our bacterias are nasty, they adapt and survive....
interesting as a lot of times when I try different things, I notice (or at least I think I do) things are improving and then a few days or so later, the reactions come back strong. Ive felt this way about my couple cycles of probiotic use. I thought I was imagining things but sounds like it makes sense. It also scares me since a "cure" might be temporary
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic