Your Email Address:

First Name:

I am mostly cured - want to help you now!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I understad, at first i had the reactions you have, i guess i graduated to severe, whhich caused patm, or my intestinal issue got worse.

, i know what you mean, i have male cousin that breaths lke that constantly around me

somethinstinks
Advanced

Re: I am mostly cured - want to help you now!

Post by somethinstinks »

BBad wrote:Hello again, sorry for spamming (I have opened 2 threads very recently - see links below).

So as the title says, I am cured - for like 95% - and this shall be the "Thank you"-thread where I want to tell you everything I did + help you guys.

So basically, here are some things I can remember (will update later for completion):

- BB since when I was about 12 years old
- Could smell myself
- Tonsils removed, Deviated Septum fixed - didn't cure me
- Endoscopy done twice, H. Pylori done thrice (blood, endoscopy, stool) - negative
- Symptoms: I brushed my teeth and in about 20 minutes the breath was bad again
- BAD morning breath
- Not too bad daily breath (but still pretty bad for usual breath, fecal, rusty, fishy)
- I have a weakened LES, little bit of GERD (which I thought is one of the causes)
- Have pretty bad bowel movements (bloating etc)
- Was once on a course on Amoxicillin which cured me temporarily
- Was once on a course Metronidazole which also cured me temporarily

So things which helped me a lot were reading about antibiotics, how they work, what bacteria really is, how odour is produced and what the main causes of BB by other cases are.

So i dug into GERD, weakened LES, bowel obstruction and did a test for different bacteria and other indicators of problems in the colon/gastro-area.

Found some interesting things (some of the bacteria were populated to much, some of them to little) - where I firstly did some natural approach of taking LOTS of probiotics + ozovit. That didn't work that well, although it got better in the first days but then got bad again (maybe even worse).

Then I had my Wisdom teeth removed, which gave me very bad taste/smell in the first few days - so I thought this is the cure. It appeared that the moles got a little infected and I got Clarithromycin (antibiotic) for 7 days - which 100% cured my BB - temporarily.

Then the BB got back again. I started to look for connections - and it appeared that all of the antibiotics seem to cure my breath temporarily. So maybe it was stupid of me (luckily not as it turns out) that I just got like 2 big packs of Metronidazole (am I legally allowed to share the source where I got it here?) and took it 500mg TID (every 8 hours) for 10 days straight.

As expected, it cured my breath from day 1 - and after I ended the course it stayed like that. I am now about 4.5 months BB-free most of the time (still I have two little concerns - see links below).

Hope this is like a little help, any questions are welcome.

BB from wine/beer: viewtopic.php?t=6271
BB from exercising: viewtopic.php?t=6272

A few notes, please don't just try that out with the Metronidazole (as it was a lucky shot I guess for me) - please get tested for various bacteria (overpopulation, underpopulation) in the colon area - especially if you have fecal breath. Also what seems interesting to me is that Amoxicillin cured my breath temporarily - whereas its mostly for aerobic bactera (which are not the cause for the BB).
you mentioned that you "just got like 2 packs of Metronidazole". How did you get them and why did you get them? why do you think it worked?

Also curious to know if anyone else has or is planning on trying Metronidazole
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Most of us have tried it, to be cured while on it, then it comes back, ive been on it mmultiple times for numerous infections
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

OMG meowkitty, ur still around!? Can you plz comment on the Adenoid Cured post?
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I seem to temporarily improve with anything i do, but never cured, but i am doing tons better, and after over 7 years single i found someone to love, who actually has a small bb problem, morning breath, definately hot by the end of day, bad close up, even though he just brushed. He told me he thought it was the reason he had issues with women, but i never mention mine. Thiugh i have patm, and he has bad reactions to me, even caught him coverinv my face in bed with blanket atleast 5 times, but he s agood msn and he loves me, we'v been together almost a year now, hes the reason i started getting my cleanings done every 3 months now. We drink wine in the evening, acts as a mouthwash most of the time, and we kiss but i usually hold my breath, never lay on his chest, fearful he'll realy figure me out
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Since tonsil adnoid procedure i dont ac tually taste anything bad, it evolved more into patm, but my mouth is always dry, hot sticky, but what is wierd is when he spends the night, my morning breath taste like his even if we dont kiss,it very wierd, i know i have a stench, its just not sever fecal, rotten egg sewage like it used to be, but i have woklrked really hard to improve this
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

meowkity1 wrote:Thiugh i have patm, and he has bad reactions to me, even caught him coverinv my face in bed with blanket atleast 5 times
meowkity, were his bad reactions bad breath related or PATM related?
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

He lears his throat, sneeze when i face him, rubs his nose almost every time i talm to him, but when he covers my face it wohld have to be a stench, wouldnt it, if patm was causing it, im not sure he can even relate it fo me, because its quite rare and unbelievable, and i know i get stenchy when my bowels are not moving. I have a aunt who's eyes water when near me and coghs a lot, she confirmed it happens when im around. My mom finally confirmed she sees my nieces react when im around. I told me ex bofriend, we been broke up since 2006 but were together 8 years, i can talk to him about anything, and he thiught he had patm too, but said after a year his subsided by giving up all the steak he was eating, i too have stopped eating heavy meat, and i am better, not cured, 2 years ago, i wouldnt had even ben willing to even entertain the idea of a date, let alone have a boyfriend, . When i first met my boyfriend though, i would notice these disgusted looks from the cirner of my eye, i finally had to point it out, because it was hurting my feelings, and i was about to giv e up the relationship, he said he didnt notice he was doing it, and since has not done it. He has bb but i never react to his, so its all really confusing
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sure is confusing. As if the worry of BB isn't enough you have this other crazy problem to cope with.

To me it's always strange why "PATM" (I put it in quotes because nobody knows for sure what it is) itself is such a concern, but I guess it's in the same way that people who don't have BB don't understand why it's such a concern until they have it themselves. And also, I can imagine how much worse "PATM" would be when you're also worrying about bad odour.

There isn't a single video on YouTube showing PATM reactions. I find that so strange when you consider how big this issue is. A lot of it sounds like paranoia, which you could understand when BB or body odour was also involved, but a lot of people develop PATM by itself without anything else, so why would such a paranoia develop by itself? Any kind of paranoia or madness can develop I guess, out of nowhere.

It's a shame so little is known about it, because if someone could disprove the paranoia and prove it's actual cause, then there's a good chance it relates in some way to the cause of some types of odour problems which are also not yet understood.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I can only find 1 video, and I just checked again, of a guy who thinks he has PATM and secretly films a guy sat in a waiting area of what looks like a fast food restaurant, texting on his mobile phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-oBwuGkbUI

He rubs his nose a couple of times in the entire video. Seems perfectly natural to me, especially someone leaning downwards, maybe having just eaten. What would the guy filming have thought if he sneezed? or coughed? And without knowing what the guy was doing before he entered and started filming, then whole idea of filming him only after entering is completely flawed.

If that was meant to be an example of something out of the ordinary, to me it's the most ordinary scene I could ever imagine.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

He also lights incense as soon as i arrive to his house, we have so much in common, get along great and i feel he,s my life partner. Even though i dont taste anything bad anymore, i can sense or smell sewage sometime, i did this morniing. Im leaning toward bowels now, and i just ordered more oxypowder.its just wierd that i have multiple reasons , which makes it harder to figure out. My problem started ith a hole in my feeling that i neglected, i was young, mother rarely took me to dentist, then i started using tongue brush which gave me a whole mouth coating rather than just tbe very back of the tongue, then i got rotten egg poo breath but went away after tonsil adnoid removal, then patm developed, but still could sense sewage, but notuced improvement after laxative. . Dentist tell me, teeth are good and i take good care of them, and he said it was most likely my stomach. So i cant wait for my new oxypowder, im going to take them everyday, no matter how runny i get. This is crazy to me to have so many issues that cause stench, which makes it hard to figure out what it is, the fact that i have patm and smell tells me its something internal. Just this morning im in my room, my son in bathroom, i open my mouth to yawn and he sneezes, not only down the hall but around a corner, and not to mention everyone i work with is allergic fo me , i cant believe i cn even face it daily, i didnt work for 7 years becayse of this, but my job and my boyfriend are good reasons to try and figure it out
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Those Oxy tablets might be helping you by neutralising certain bad smelling chemicals (like TMA) in your bowel. Have you tried other neutralisers or absorbers? If so, do they help?

I know they probably help by cleaning out your colon, but it could also be because of the neutralising.

Have you tried activated carbon and chlorophyll etc?
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I have tried activated charcoal and chlorophyl, neither worked, .Also tried another oxygen intesinal cleaner because it was cheaper and didnt work. I have these oxygen drops you put in water, fogot i had them, gave up on them i guess, but ill put them to use this week. So much poo came out last time on oxypowder uts scary to think of all that stayung in me if i hadnt taken it
Cres
Junior

Post by Cres »

BBad wrote: Am I allowed to name the brand?
Just name the brand... you'd help me a lot and also this forum is already full of different brand names.
Edit: actually don't because I found it already. It's Nexabiotic by Bioprosper Labs.
Last edited by Cres on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Fecal halitosis since age 12
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
• Feel free to contact me for anything
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

meowkity1 wrote:So much poo came out last time on oxypowder uts scary to think of all that stayung in me if i hadnt taken it
Must be from having less of that inside you then, less of the foulness then gets absorbed.

If I'm not mistaken, some people with TMAU also get relief from using laxatives.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic