Your Email Address:

First Name:

10 Long Years

Tell us your story with bad breath
MyhopeSomeday25

Post by MyhopeSomeday25 »

Just a little info.. when having therapy ..I was asked a couple of questions that really got me thinking.. I was asked to think if anything significant happened before I had an onslaught of bad breath.. I think not long before this nightmare I remember having a very horrible tooth ache ..really bad I had to call the dentist for an emergency appointment that Saturday morning.. When I went there.. I was told I have a cavity on both my left and right upper part of my teeth.. Both sides needed a root canal.. Not too long after is when I started experiencing bad breath.. I just wonder if anyone felt like their halitosis began after a root canal or some sort of dental work??? Several months later the root canal tooth on my left side broke to pieces in my hand and I remember thinking my bad breath should be gone too.. I figured I had a bad tooth... that's it.. But the bad breath persist anyway and I never thought about it again.. Makes me wonder could the root canal on my upper right side been done correctly.. I went to the dentist so many times since then and I guess they would have told me if it was causing my halitosis or if it was not done right.. I remember 3 years ago my dentist wanted to refill it with white filling instead of the grey but I didn't think it was necessary at the times cause it cost money.. But now I wonder whats underneath it. Anyone know if its possible bad breath can be from a worked on tooth like that??? Just a thought.. Well, I will have my cat scan of my sinus done on May 22nd... and a follow up with ENT in early June... I'm hoping for the best and again wishing everyone well...

StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

MyhopeSomeday25 wrote:needed a root canal.. Not too long after is when I started experiencing bad breath.. I just wonder if anyone felt like their halitosis began after a root canal or some sort of dental work???
Yes, MyhopeSomeday25, I can trace my halitosis back about 10 years ago when I had a root canal. Not sure if this was a trigger or the cause. All I know is that I first noticed it around that time.

Here is a snippet of my post from another thread:

viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
StinkBomb wrote: I first noticed my bad breath about 10 years ago.

Here is my story:

1) Had a root canal on a molar about 10 years ago. That root canal ultimately failed which caused me to have it retreated 4 years later. A few years after that, I had my dentist check it out to make sure it was not contributing towards my bad breath. He took some x-rays and saw some shadows below the tooth root. This was dismissed as normal and stable. None the less, I insisted on having the crown removed and later opted to extract the tooth. After the surgery, I was told that there was a cyst at the tip of the root and It was good that I had it removed. Unfortunately, this did not cure my bad breath.
MyhopeSomeday25

Post by MyhopeSomeday25 »

Hello, Stinkbomb,

Wow, there was cyst at the tip of the root.. I kinda wonder now maybe me too.. I wish it would been a cure for you after it was treated.. Could there be a connection..maybe it spread to next tooth perhaps?? I was so happy when my tooth broke out of my mouth.. I was like, I do not care I have no tooth back there .. at least my bad breath is gone lol but unfortunately it kept persisting.. Many dentist over the years keep telling me they don't think it's my teeth or gums.. I think I will have my fillings change the moment I get some money.. I have 3 more fillings and one is from that day I felt changed my life.. I'm glad we are all having things in common maybe it will help each other out find our way to bb free.. =D>
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic