Your Email Address:

First Name:

silent reflux

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hali_grl
Sheriff

silent reflux

Post by hali_grl »

So you’ve never heard of laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR)? Sometimes it is referred to as silent reflux. It’s a relatively unknown type of acid reflux. Before I explain what it is read the next two paragraphs.

The esophagus actually has two sphincters (rings of muscle that act like a valve to close off the tube of the esophagus) that are supposed to keep stomach juices where they belong. One is at the bottom of the esophagus and the other is near the top.

The one at the bottom is called the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), this is the one that is written about the most when it comes to acid reflux or GERD. But there is also another sphincter, seldom referred to, at the top of the esophagus at its junction with the upper throat just behind the larynx (voice box).

LPR occurs when reflux goes above the upper sphincter and into the throat. It usually occurs without heartburn, less than 15% of people with this problem have heartburn. The larynx, trachea, bronchi and lungs are much more susceptible to damage from the stomach juices than the esophagus.

Here are some common symptoms of laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR):

•Asthma or asthma-like symptoms
•Bad breath that won’t go away
•Belching or burping
•Blockage of the breathing passage
•Chronic Cough
•Chronic Throat Irritation (feeling like something is there)
•Continual Throat Clearing
•Cracking Voice
•Difficulty singing or extended talking
•Difficulty Swallowing
•Dysphonia (changes with the voice)
•Ear pain
•Excessive Phlegm in Throat
•Feeling of a lump or something stuck in the throat
•Hoarseness
•Laryngospasm (feeling like one can’t catch one’s breath)
•Post nasal drip
•Sore throat
•Throat clearing
•Trouble swallowing
•Weak voice
•Wheezing

hali_grl
Sheriff

http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/vinegar-and-acid

Post by hali_grl »

Vinegar and Acid Reflux - The Natural Home Treatment

A third approach (a popular natural home remedy) to help reduce or eliminate acid reflux is to take the following apple cider vinegar tonic:

Natural ACV Tonic

2 or 3 teaspoons (10-15 ml) in an 8 ounce glass of water,
before meals or whenever heartburn is experienced.

One underlying theory here is that the acetic acid in vinegar lowers stomach acidity (increases its pH) since acetic acid is a weaker acid than hydrochloric acid. It is also believed that vinegar (acetic acid along with its acetate salt) may help buffer and maintain stomach acid at a pH level of about 3.0. In this milder acidic environment, the stomach can still efficiently digest food but it causes less problems with the esophagus and thus less heartburn.

Another theory contends that the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) is a pH sensitive valve.
When there is food in the stomach with insufficient acid present, the LES valve can periodically flop open, causing acid reflux.
Too little acid in the stomach may be caused by different factors, but one of the most common one is that, as we grow older, our body does not produce as much stomach acid.
As a result the LES valve, sensing less acid, periodically flops open causing acid reflux.
Drinking apple cider vinegar supplies the LES valve with the acidity it needs to function properly.

Ref: http://issuu.com/thebestoftimes/docs/december2008/34 ( Web Link )

Improved digestion and mineral absorption from regular intake of the apple cider vinegar tonic may also play a role in reducing acid reflux.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

Ive been doing the acv shots for 2 days and my bb has decreased i went grocery shopping and got way less reactions usually ppl down the aisle can smell me. i believe i found my bb cause i read that having too much bacteria or fungi in digestive tract can cause this and gerd. which again can be caused by candida or h.pylori but atleast i know my bb culprit. i also read that taking manuka honey 1/2 hr before meals for 10weeks kills h.pylori bc the honey is made from the tea tree or something. i want to find more info on this.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

im not going to take acv any longer bc i suspect i have candida and it makes me feel like crap like im drunk so i think its making my cndida worst. someoe suggested hcl tablets and i want to try manuka honey.
deebo

Post by deebo »

hali_grl wrote: As a result the LES valve, sensing less acid, periodically flops open causing acid reflux.
Drinking apple cider vinegar supplies the LES valve with the acidity it needs to function properly. .....
im not going to take acv any longer bc i suspect i have candida and it makes me feel like crap like im drunk so i think its making my cndida worst. someoe suggested hcl tablets and i want to try manuka honey.

the LES /ACV thing is very curious . I've about heard this before but I understood it to be raising the acid level ,but its meant to regulate it. Cool info Hali.

You say the ACV is possibly making you candida worse . How long have you been trying it? 2 days? Have you tryed decreasing the amount ?

I use HCL pills for the last 4 months . they certainly help make everything regular as far as getting more nutrients out of my food and less ferment in the gut. the test is take an increasing amount until you feel a burning , then decrease to a comfortable level . For me 4 is too much with a meal , 2 or 3 is just right . This decreased to 1 or 2 since i started eating More raw greens (which i hear help us produce natural HCL) . Anyway ,this is why you might try decreasing the ACV rather than stopping it .

Many Dr's jump to H-pylori for some reason . 3 of mine jump to that 'conclusion' when I say BB or stomach issues. 3 negative tests by 3 Dr's (Pee,blood,gastro-cam ,stool) . Have you tested for H-pylori?? Start with Pee, if its negative, get a finger prick of blood,Negative still ? Stool is sure tell way to know.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

no i have no insurance to get tested so basicaly im self diagnosing i was on antibiotics alot so hpylori, clostridium bacteria., and candida are my possible cause forthe reflux and my subsequent bb.
thissux
Advanced

HCL and/or ACV LPR/GERD (older post)

Post by thissux »

@Deebo and Hali_grl - so how much success did either of you have with ACV or HCL? How did you know this caused a yeast problem? Did it lead to infection? Does anyone here have LPR/GERD and have overcome BB with HCL and/or ACV? I am currently weaning off prilosec after taking it for a year (my breath still smells from the reactions).
Input anyone? Success with this? Thanks all! Teri

BTW Hali_grl - got your pm. Would like to meet up if possible. At least I think you sent a PM. Thanks!
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

Lol, I dont think Haligirl goes on this forum anymore. Because when she was cured everyone posted so much shit about her for some reason and scared her off lmao
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Haligirl was a narcissist who turned nasty when she didn't get her own way when she wanted people to start posting pictures of themselves as soon as she thought she was cured and then went on to taunt the forum like a brat, by saying she was going to "patent her protocol" so she could withhold the information of what that cure was.

She then came on again months later, probably with a fresh claim of a medical breakthrough, that she cured herself after being treated for helicobacter, and naturally, she then went on to say that almost everyone's bad breath on the forum must be caused by helicobacter pylori.
-.-
Total Newbie

Post by -.- »

Sorry for Bumping this old thread, but I think it might be useful to some of us.

I had (most likely still do) h pylori and GERD. While on h pylori antibiotics my bb was gone ( I think) and came back once I finished taking them. This seems to happen to a lot of you.

My theory is that I got reinfected with h pylori right away most likely from my family members and bb came back.

Anyway my doc kept prescribing me proton pump inhibitors, and telling me to wait because it takes time for it to be effective. I obviously stopped taking them and tried to find other solutions..
I finally convinced him to test me for h pylori again, next week I'm going to do urea breath test. And if positive [-o<
I will do the antibiotics again and while taking probiotics, chewing mastic gum, taking mastic pills, eating broccoli sprouts ( they suppose to be really good to help preventing h pylori). Also change the diet

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 072915.htm

If that would work, at least for a bit I would pretty much know that the cause of my bb is H pylori.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic