Your Email Address:

First Name:

What Cured My Halitosis/Bad Breath - Tonsils and Adenoids - BEWARE SIDE EFFECTS, CHOKING ON LIQUIDS, 9YEARS SCAM????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

My doctor had cancellations; so my surgery is now scheduled for July 16th.

I personally do not believe this will be my cure because my BB is not fecal odor type but I just want to eliminate that whole region from my list - soo there is no "what ifs". And hopefully it might at least make it a bit better

Bear44

Post by Bear44 »

Reading this forum inspired me to visit my ENT, make an account, and post here.

Saw my ENT because I have enlarged tonsils with deep crypts, bad breath, post-nasal drip, and tonsil stones. I told him how several of you ended up having cysts/thornwaldt cysts in your adenoids and/or tonsils...even after being examined and told they were healthy, the cysts weren't discovered until you were on the operating table because they were found under folds of the adenoids etc...

He said that's it's very unlikely that these doctors notated that they found cysts, and the only type of cyst that there could be was the thornwaldt (he mentioned a different type of cyst, then I mentioned the thornwaldt and he said that they're basically the same). He said many people have thornwaldt cysts to the point where it's a normal thing and they don't cause bad breath. The only time there would be an issue is if they were infected.

He then stuck a tube down my nose to look at my adenoids and said my adenoids were enlarged.

Long story short, I'm scheduled for a tonsillectomy later this year, and he said he'd look at my adenoids.

On the pre-op visit, I'm going to stress the idea of exploring the adenoid tissue.

Thanks everyone, and I'll try to check in on this thread/post my experience.
Bear44

Post by Bear44 »

He also said my turnbinates were enlarged while examining my sinus with a tube up my nose (lol) and he could do something about it. He said it catches allergens/pollens that enter through the nose.

Anyone have any experience/information about that?

I've got allergies and post-nasal drip fyi.
jiazzsy
Junior

Post by jiazzsy »

Hi folks...sorry for the late post...I had been a bit depressed that the surgery wasn't my cure but from the last three days, things have been totally different.
I feel like I have been cured!! I just returned from a medical store where I spoke to the guy on the counter from very close and there were no reactions whatsoever! Moreover, I was chewing gum which was a strict NO before the surgery.Chewing gum would make my breath worse. I am speaking to people deliberately from very close and no reactions from 3 days.
The difference is clear...there is no throat clearing now and even in the mornings, no tongue coating and I feel no morning breath too! But I am scared to talk in the morning without brushing my teeth at this stage. There is still something white where the left tonsil used to be but it is reducing day by day.
Overall, I feel very confident now. Just wanted to thank all here for bringing this out in the open...Jimi, Mark, Mindy etc. Don't know how long this lasts, but I want to enjoy while it lasts.
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Good to hear jiazzsy, hope it lasts. Do you know if your doctor removed any cysts or if there were cysts or stones in the tonsil / adenoid tissue? Or were the tonsil and adenoids "normal"? How does your mouth taste now? Is it more neutral than before?
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

I'm glad to hear that. I hope it is the permanent cure for you..

My surgery has been delayed till July due to family emergency.

What did your surgeon discover during the surgery? I'm telling my doc to look closely everywhere but he's keep telling me he's gonna do the surgery the way he's been doing during his career.
bbuk

Post by bbuk »

I will be removing my adenoids shortly too. Been suffering from BB for years and thought that removing my Tonsil cured me. However it only improved it by about 60%.

Im hoping the adenoids is the missing link.

My BB comes only when I speak from the mouth. I can breathe through the nose fine without any smell. My BB also usually only gets worse after eating or drinking anything including water. Definitely feel fresher after toungue scraping but can never really get rid of it after brushing my teeth. Its like the smell originates from an area that the toothbrush cannot touch. Im hoping its the adenoids. I used to have lots of tonsil stones so maybe its the presence of tonsil stones in my adenoids that is the problem.

Wont have surgery until a few months time but fortunately for me it is covered by my works private insurance so is effectively free for me. Will keep folks updated.
mak_123

Post by mak_123 »

anything to share jiazzsy ? if your bb is negative please tell us more about your symptoms.
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

how is everyone doing? :)
Bear44

Post by Bear44 »

Scheduled for tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, and fixing my turbinates later this month. Will update my results after.
sun123

please advice

Post by sun123 »

Hi
I spent most of the day reading this thread….
I went to see an ent consultant last month and he told me my palatine tonsils have nothing wrong with them and do not need to be removed, even though I insisted, he was unwilling to operate on them. I have never had tonsils stones in the palatine tonsils at least I have never seen them or felt them. But my breath does smell.

He then put a tube through my nose and looked at the adenoids which I told him I wanted removed but he said there is hardly anything there and therefore was not willing to operate. I had this consultation before I found this site.

Then with that camera through my nose he said at the base of tongue he could see (and showed me on computer screen) many small white spots, he said this could be the reason for your bad breath and there is nothing you can do but try gargling salt water. I left disappointed.

Recently I just found out about lingual tonsils and now I have made the connection that these white spots must of been in the lingual region/base of tongue. I saw online the someone has had success removing their lingual tonsils and then being bad breath free.

So my questions is do I go see an ent consultant again and tell them to laser my lingual tonsils(so possibly white spots go away) or do I tell them to remove my palatine tonsils where I have never had or seen tonsil stones and at the same time get rid of adenoids, which doctor last said there is hardly anything there????

thanks (sorry for long post)
Can you get all 3 types of tonsils removed in stages??(palatine tonsils, adenoids and lingual tonsils)
happylife05
Junior

Post by happylife05 »

I'm not sure if i should go for adenoids removal surgery. I had tonsils removed in 2012. I will talk to ENT and see what she thinks, She said tonsillectomy won't help with BB & she was rigth. She will say probably same thing about adenoids too.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Has anyone heard from Fedup? Its been a while since he posted, hope he's alright. Also Paree & Jiazzsy - any updates?

My surgery is tomorrow, I will definitely be providing updates throughout the recovery process. But I will NOT be making any confirmations regarding my BB improvement or lack thereof until a while after I get off antibiotics.
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy tomorrow for me as well.

gl to you StillHoping....
StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

Good luck ... StillHoping and feelitagain!

Take your time giving us the final verdict BUT please stick around and give us updates. This is a very significant thread and I am hoping it could be my cure too. Good luck, I'm pulling for both of you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic