Your Email Address:

First Name:

What has helped you?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

What country are you in compor?
Have you tried Amazon?

MissingLateral2

Post by MissingLateral2 »

Forgot to add few things to previous post of things that helped me:

I have also been more physically active now since couple of years compared to the previous decade. I make it a point to at least have 40 min brisk walk every ay The depression has been low, so am taking more care of myself and also am less stressed out.
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

halitosisux wrote:but I suffer with a lot of PND and halitophobia. That doesn't mean I think I have bad breath when I don't, it means I fear having bad breath even though I know that I don't.
i dont get it. If you know you dont have halitosis, why would you have any fear? Did you once have halitosis? Do you still get reactions? How do you know you dont have it? just curious

If I knew I didnt have it I may be reluctant at first but once confirmed I would be breathing all over people lol
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It's not easy to explain what I mean without writing a whole life story (again)..
But very basically, my BB goes back to my very earliest childhood memories.. made to feel worthless as shit, not just about BB but about lots of other things too.. the BB never really bothered me though because I couldn't smell it and just kid myself that people (brother and sister) were just making it up to make me feel as bad as they could.. then at about age 15 I started noticing a lot of people at school kept asking who's farted, but yet I couldn't smell anything.. but it was also around this time that my sense of smell improved a lot (because before this my nose was always blocked because of a deviated septum) and because my nose had grown, things opened up and I could actually start to smell things.. and for the first time I could smell my own BB.. and then just around this time my brother literally shouted at me with "you need to go and get HELP" (for my BB).

So, that's when I shut myself off from all unnecessary social interactions. I assumed I was diseased in some way. My lungs or something deep. I never ever allowed anyone to smell my breath (except on the very rare occasions when drunk). I never tested for reactions because I KNEW my breath was bad. I was trying hard with oral hygiene and trying to find out what the cause might be, but there was no internet yet, so it was a case of driving from city to city, trawling through libraries, finding the usual crap about flossing and brushing and how only things like kidneys or liver failure can cause BB if it's not the teeth.

Then in my 20s I discovered where those shitballs I kept coughing up were coming from - my tonsils. I honestly can't remember when I became aware of tonsil stones, probably because I didn't think it was anything abnormal and assumed everyone has them and I never thought of any connection between them and my BB. Then at age 27 I had my tonsils out. Total waste of time, except for completely getting rid of tonsil stones.

Then, I just stopped bothering, and just focused on trying to survive, in debt etc. No proper friends. No interests. No purpose to life whatsoever.

Just by total chance, whilst looking into a mirror, overcome with rage and contemplating cutting out my own tongue, I happened to notice a stench I was able to trigger. Further investigation revealed one of my half-buried wisdom teeth was forming a big pocket of crap at the back of my mouth, and when I pressed the tissue in this area or opened my mouth wide enough, it released it's stench.

So, then after a few more years of dithering I searched on the internet to see if there were any connections between wisdom teeth and BB and I found this site. (someone called "cured" had a similar story, but he had more perplexing symptoms).

My brother was the only person who knew I was battling this problem, so occasionally he would give me feedback when I'd try something. I could trust what he was saying. Then I had this tooth out, and I felt immediate difference. Once everything healed I knew I'd taken a huge positive step, which my brother confirmed.

So, did I have BB before this tooth started to cause my BB? Could my BB before have just been because I couldn't see the point in brushing my teeth? Or did I really have BB back then caused by other reasons? There's all these doubts in my head.

But anyway, I still have phobia that the air coming out of my mouth smells of something. I KNOW it doesn't, but it's just my negative self-image can't allow myself to see a clean person. I don't know how to put this any clearer really. I need psychological help. I think it's probably different for people who had BB in childhood, compared to those who suddenly get BB in adult life. As a child your brain is being wired. If it's been wired up wrong, you need help to correct it.
HS

Post by HS »

ty for sharing, I think chlorine dioxide is working well, but I do wonder what is causing this anaerobic bacteria build up, could the adenoids really be the cause for this?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Adenoids can cause bad breath, yes, but whether they can cause the tongue to stink I don't know. I would imagine that they can.

My understanding about adenoids is that when they shrink in adulthood, they shrivel up and can form traps where bacteria can build up.
Room Bus filler2
Junior

Post by Room Bus filler2 »

Halitasuax . We.have same.sympotoms now im 26 i.was.suffering until i was 7 . Becays kids always.said who furts or thy called me mr heartburn.
Some of them were.respectles.theu.call me the toilet like that.
My family.has never.told me that i.have bb .
Except.my.father said once day brush your teeth.good.
My bb was normal but before years when i.found.this site i.starteed to pay more attention people.reactions. Stress and thinking.deeply every.minit.abouy my .bb that made it to.suffer .
Then i have noticed my tonsils.stones.ENT refused to remove them.
Im.suffering blocked sinus. And all the yellowish and.green mucus coming from mu sinus and throat.
There is always something standing in my throat sometimes i cant get it out and i.cant swallow its yelliw or green mucus.
Im thinking if that is Post nasal drip or not.
Could.that causes bb pleade. If any one has idea about it
h.pylory.been cured.
Gastrocopy+ colonscopy Good.
tonsil stones sometimes. + throat and sinus with Green.and yellow mucus. PND.
no lungs infection but bronchinitis.
esophagus good . tolerance good.
MissingLateral2

Post by MissingLateral2 »

Room Bus filler2 wrote:Halitasuax . We.have same.sympotoms now im 26 i.was.suffering until i was 7 . Becays kids always.said who furts or thy called me mr heartburn.
Some of them were.respectles.theu.call me the toilet like that.
My family.has never.told me that i.have bb .
Except.my.father said once day brush your teeth.good.
My bb was normal but before years when i.found.this site i.starteed to pay more attention people.reactions. Stress and thinking.deeply every.minit.abouy my .bb that made it to.suffer .
Then i have noticed my tonsils.stones.ENT refused to remove them.
Im.suffering blocked sinus. And all the yellowish and.green mucus coming from mu sinus and throat.
There is always something standing in my throat sometimes i cant get it out and i.cant swallow its yelliw or green mucus.
Im thinking if that is Post nasal drip or not.
Could.that causes bb pleade. If any one has idea about it
Hi RBF2,

I had posted a thread about tonsil stone removal video. See if it helps you too!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic