Your Email Address:

First Name:

My sinus ct scans

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Fedup, nice to see you posting in here. I am wanting an update on your status as well. I hope you have seen improvement.

not to hijack this thread but I went to another ENT for a second opinion. The old ENT said most of my problems were reflux related. However, since having the fundoplication surgery I have seen very little improvement beyond no longer getting traditional heartburn. I still have the left throat/nasopharynx mucus.

The second ENT looked at my scan and in my nose. He concluded I have bilat maxillary sinus infections with swelling in the sphenoid sinuses as well and could benefit from balloon sinuplasty to open up the canals. This takes 15 minutes and will be done in his office with lidocain and no sedation. He said he will directly flush the sinuses in order to break up the biofilm which he believes could be the source of the smell and he will culture the mucus to determine if antibiotics or antifungals are appropriate. Mine is fecal and isnt bad unless my throat, mouth and nose are dry which is usualy due to medication or after sleeping. I always clear brownish green mucus in the mornings which turns clear during the day. The mucus itself doesnt stink but I can't seem to clear it from my throat so it is stagnant and traps food and bacteria. This is what causes the smell on my opinion.

Say what you want about America's medical system but I made the appointment and 2 days later I have a new thing to try and a new doctor with a different outlook. The proceedure should be done in a week or so.

I will let you know how it goes.

thf
Junior

Post by thf »

FedUp wrote:when you hock back to get rid of PND do you ever snort out thick yellow sticky glue like chunks? or have you ever?

doctors probably see a lot more than they're letting on but because "its not aa big deal" they don't say anything. they would think its a big deal if they had to sit next to us all day.... what kind of smells do you emit? is it fecal sometimes smelly socks? can you smell it more when you bend down or lean forward?
I've never had that, but what cleared up my PND, my consistent throat clearing and always feeling like I had something stuck in the my throat was my ENT discovering that I had Laryngopharyngeal reflux. He put me on meds for it and I've not had any PND problems since. It did nothing for my bb but it was a huge relief getting rid of the PND.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

What's that thing near jaw line?

NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Archimonde wrote:What's that thing near jaw line?

It's hard to tell with only a lateral view. The mandible is clipped on the xray as well. My assumption would be an impacted tooth. Unfortunatly, you can't view low enough to verify a root structure.

Again, i'm not a doctor so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic