Your Email Address:

First Name:

Relief for 3 years and more

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

Jimi Stein wrote:dude your bad breath must not have been that bad from beggining, if you had friends, wife, kids before, maybe you are exagarrating, something that seems bad to me seems minor to the rest.

Just one question....if you went to a bar and start talking, did everybody leave the bar?

If not your bb was not room filling and not really bad....
maybe for you bad means that people stepped away or gave you gum....who knows...
no offense but i think its silly to brush someone off just cause they dont clear rooms with their bb as if they dont have a serious problem

feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

Could you link the specific products you are using?
Johnuk
Total Newbie

Post by Johnuk »

feelitagain wrote:use the neilmed I use for sinus irrigation?
Correct!
Johnuk
Total Newbie

Post by Johnuk »

feelitagain wrote:Could you link the specific products you are using?
You can use whatever brands you like! I'm not promoting any here whatsoever! I've personally found these to suit me.

Neilmed sinus rinse sachets
http://www.amazon.co.uk/NeilMed-Sinus-R ... inus+rinse

Xylitol sachets
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xlear-65524-Xyl ... ds=xylitol

Lactoferrin sachets
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jarrow-Freeze-D ... actoferrin

Instructions:

1. Fill a glass or bottle with 120 ml of warm water

2. Empty 4 sachets of neilmed sinus rinse into the glass or bottle

3. Empty 2 sachets of xylitol into the glass or bottle

4. Mix well either with spoon (if glass) or shake (if bottle).

5. Empty contents of 2 tabs of lactoferrin into the glass or bottle

Note - no need to mix after adding the 2 tabs as the mixture may lose its effectiveness slightly. Perhaps ensure that when you empty the tabs, you spread them nicely across the solution.

6. Swish and gargle in decent mouthfuls, focus areas in back of your throat and areas between nose and throat, but also try and swish it on the back of the tongue for a bit.

Note:
- Do not do this more than 2-3 times a day as the ingredients can make you feel bloated.

- You can also eat the xylitol and lactoferrin tabs as it is known to help, of course do so in modest amounts.

-Overtime the effects seem to improve, so do not lose hope immediately.

-Follow the usual advice and keep yourself well hydrated, have sufficient sleep, take you vitamins, omega oils, keep eating a fairly healthy diet, try peppermint tea wit honey.

Finally DO let me know how it goes!
ThinkPositive
Junior

Post by ThinkPositive »

Hey John congrats on finding ur cure!! I just have one question do u have any idea what odour ur mouth and nasal breath used to produce?
Johnuk
Total Newbie

Post by Johnuk »

ThinkPositive wrote:Hey John congrats on finding ur cure!! I just have one question do u have any idea what odour ur mouth and nasal breath used to produce?
Thanks but remember this is not a cure, just a good method to keep BB at bay.

WRT your question, it smelled like different things at different times with different intensity, from garbage (e.g. after a cold) to feces (such as after eating lots of proteins) to a chemical factory (such as after using therabreath/retardax etc).

Some more background, before I started using this solution, things got a lot worse for a period of 6 months or so i.e. after I tried therabreath K12 products. I think it just messed up my bacterial balance in the body. I tried everything out there to fix it again, nothing worked, but this solution helped massively correct that.
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

For all 3 linked items

"Sorry, we can't deliver this item to the Philippines"

=D>
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

has anyone else tried this?
chika
Total Newbie
Post by chika »

thanks Johnuk...I'm gonna try what you have mentioned about neti pot....
Johnuk
Total Newbie

Post by Johnuk »

chika wrote:thanks Johnuk...I'm gonna try what you have mentioned about neti pot....
Yes give it a go, make sure you follow my instructions carefully and share your experience!

My gut feel is that this will help a large proportion of people, just as well as it helped me.
ttylxman

Post by ttylxman »

We have the same symptoms so hopefully this gives me some relief.

Thanks for posting this. It's inspiring to see someone break out of their nightmare and live a normal life. It gets harder and harder to stay optimistic as time goes on.

I've been relying on mouth washing with chlorhexidine and hydrogen peroxide (never at the same time) as well as chewing pepto tablets before important meetings/events.

I'm assuming you've tried these as well?

Chlorhexidine works wonders for tongue brushing but it doesn't take long for the usual bad taste to come back. Just more effective than anything else I've found so far. Hoping this biofilm thing is what is keeping the problem so quick to return.

Just got the order of these ingredients from amazon and gargled as you described. Feeling pretty fresh. I will report back in a week or two of regular use. I'll be using my irrigator to spray my tonsils and gum line to make sure everything is thoroughly rinsed.
Johnuk
Total Newbie

Post by Johnuk »

ttylxman wrote:We have the same symptoms so hopefully this gives me some relief.

Thanks for posting this. It's inspiring to see someone break out of their nightmare and live a normal life. It gets harder and harder to stay optimistic as time goes on.

I've been relying on mouth washing with chlorhexidine and hydrogen peroxide (never at the same time) as well as chewing pepto tablets before important meetings/events.

I'm assuming you've tried these as well?

Chlorhexidine works wonders for tongue brushing but it doesn't take long for the usual bad taste to come back. Just more effective than anything else I've found so far. Hoping this biofilm thing is what is keeping the problem so quick to return.

Just got the order of these ingredients from amazon and gargled as you described. Feeling pretty fresh. I will report back in a week or two of regular use. I'll be using my irrigator to spray my tonsils and gum line to make sure everything is thoroughly rinsed.
Good, keep it up and let me know how it goes. It still does wonders for me. I've tried almost everything else there is, including the stuff you mentioned above. None work for me longer than a few minutes, except this one.
ttylxman

Post by ttylxman »

After a week I started getting discouraged. If there were results, they were pretty minor. It has now been two weeks of irrigating tonsils and gargling 3x/day and there are finally clear signs of improvement.

I'm by no means cured but today was one of the first in a long time that I've woken with very minimal morning breath. This treatment seems to be gradually reducing the speed the bad bacteria repopulate.

Hopefully things will continue improving. I will report back in another week or two with more definite results.
ttylxman

Post by ttylxman »

No real improvements since my last post. If it is a biofilm, maybe it's a different type that these ingredients don't break down, or in my sinuses where the irrigation hasn't reached.

I may start sinus rinsing with these same ingredients and hopefully some improvement comes from there.

The real question is whether my mouth is being reinfected by a source of bad bacteria in the throat/sinus such as a deep infection or some sort of biofilm, or if my mouth just has a certain balance of good/bad where the bad will always overtake the other.

Maybe I can culture mucus from my nose when it runs or from the PND in the back. See if it grows the stinky bacteria or the good kind.

Either way, the only way I can see myself eradicating this for good would be getting rid of any biofilm and then taking 2-3 weeks metro+fluco treatment to completely nuke it and start with a fresh balance. At the very least I'll have 2 weeks with fresh breath..

But how do you foster growth of good bacteria over the bad? K12 seemed useless to me in all my tests so I'll probably just take every probiotic known to man.
Johnuk
Total Newbie

Post by Johnuk »

ttylxman it still does wonders for me. I can only recommend to continue and watch out for longer term benefits. Sometimes the effect is a little mild, sometimes the effect is much stronger. Note that I do not irrigate my gums or even floss or use any mouthwashes, however, my gums are much healthier than they use to be and my teeth do not stain (well maybe a little due to coffee intake) so there are lots of benefits to be had ;) I haven't noticed any side effects as yet.

Bacterial imbalance resulting from rhinitis is difficult (or not possible) to cure as bacteria has a tendency to come back. It is simply not possible to eradicate all of a certain type via antibiotics nor to create new cultures (e.g using K12).

IMO the bacteria will always be there and cause some smells perhaps for a purpose not known to us, but one has to accept that and move on to continue living life to the fullest, which is what I try and do, which is much much easier with the help of this treatment.

All the best.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic