Your Email Address:

First Name:

anybody owns endoscopic cameras????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sopo
Advanced

anybody owns endoscopic cameras????

Post by sopo »

Thinking of buying a mini USB camera so that I can examine throat and tonsils myself.
I'm not sure if there are any of them online which are small, flexible and safe enough for unprofessionals.
Found few which has LED lights, can be plugged easily to a computer and take photos record video's.
Any of you guys own such kind of camera???? I want to know does it serve the purpose.. Is it safe and easy to use..I don't want to ask doctors for endoscopy anymore..damn I will do it my self

Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Yes i have bought two such cameras. Definitely go for it. I bought one a little larger 5.5mm in diameter that you plugged into the computer. Then i bought one which was 3.9 mm diameter, because the bigger one was too large to enter the nasal airway. If you're okay with just inspecting the mouth, throat and adenoids then the 5.5 mm is fine. And it's so cheap. You can get them for like 1 dollar on ebay, i'm not kidding. Free international shipping too. The smaller one cost nearly 100 dollars, so definitely go for the big one for your first.
Search for "inspection camera 5.5mm" on ebay. There are both USB ones and ones that you plug into your android phone.

I must have probably spent days looking around my mouth with them. I became obsessed with trying to find a cyst, or anything that could be the cause. I never found anything. Hopefully you will have more luck.
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

Thanks for ther reply corpsebreath...I will try to get one online. Is the camera end cable stiff enough to be bent to a particular angle so that it would be possible to monitor the cysts easily?? I don't want to hold the camera end inside my mouth, prefer stick kinda cable that can be easily held far from mouth and also should be flexible which stays bent when it's bent
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Precisely. The whole cam is like a long stiff wire that you can bend and shape. So it's very easy to get a good angle if you want to look up at the adenoids for example.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic