Your Email Address:

First Name:

I tried this and it seemed to work

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
NotSoStinky
Total Newbie

I tried this and it seemed to work

Post by NotSoStinky »

First post. I know what it's like to be a social outcast because of this problem. Been dealing with it for 20 years. I've tried everything, constant brushing, flossing, mouthwash, altoids, gum, nothing ever worked.

I've been researching alot about this over the last couple of months. I came up with something after reading all these different ideas, and decided to try them.

First, I asked my daughter to smell my breath. I asked her this because, I would like the inside of my wrist, or scrape the back of my tongue with a spoon and smell it, but it never had any smell to it. So I asked her, and she didn't like the result. So I went to work on it.

1) Started to drink a ton of water. I used to drink maybe a bottle a day, and I knew I was dehydrated. Starting drinking 8-10 bottles a day to stay hydrated.

2) Bought a Sonic toothbrush, and used a mixture of baking soda and peroxide to gently clean my tongue. I would then use a tongue scraper to get as far back as I could, and remove all the mucus and junk from my tongue.

3) Bought a jar of coconut oil (oil pulling). Put a tablespoon in my mouth and swished it around for 20 minutes. Spit it out and rinse with salt water. Supposedly, the coconut oil naturally pulls bacteria from the mouth/body.

4) Bought an irrigator. I used not just the saline solution, but bought a small bottle of grapefruit seed extract and added 15 drops into the irrigator and used that. I read that GSE also has a natural ability to fight off bacteria.

5) put 15 more drops of GSE into a bottle of water and rinsed, gargled, and drank the rest.

6) Chewed on some fennel seeds, which seem to also have the ability to freshen breath and fight off bacteria.

OK, I know it sounds like alot, but it worked. A few days later I went back to my daughter to try it again. She refused of course (rotten kids), so I offered her $10. She braced herself, and I exhaled into her face. "What do you smell?" She made a funny face - "nothing. It actually smells kind of minty".

I went and asked my other daughter, same thing. There was no smell, or it smelled kind of minty. I was estatic. I could also actually FEEL a difference. My mouth actually felt more moist, more natural saliva, wetter, fresher, etc.

When I used to spit, it would be like a gooey film, now it's just wet saliva. It really made a big difference for me. I'm not sure if it would work with ALL conditions (tonsil stones, etc), but it worked for me, so I'm hoping it works for others as well.

Who would have thought herbal stuff would be my cure!?!?

NotSoStinky
Total Newbie

Post by NotSoStinky »

Forgot to add, after doing all this, I could taste food and breath and smell things so much better. I feel like I cleaned out my nose, throat, mouth, everything. Just felt so much better.
salehia802
Post by salehia802 »

if someone have mouth and pharynx and dehydration problem only so these are good cures. heard about oil pulling before.should try it maybe reduces mine too.

have a happy new life! :)
salehia802
Post by salehia802 »

have you ever had white tongue? most of the ways you've tried are for
oral thrush
as you mentioned about bacteria infact you battled to bacterias... :-k
NotSoStinky
Total Newbie

Post by NotSoStinky »

Yes, got rid of my white tongue by drinking 8-10 bottles of water a day, and alternating using a Sonic toothbrush using baking soda & hydrogen peroxide mixture, and sea salt.

They both seem to be very effective at removing a white tongue, and the staying hydrated got rid of my dry mouth. I drink a ton of water now, and my tongue is nice and pink.
ExhaleSafely

Post by ExhaleSafely »

So I've been doing what OP has explained for a bit now and it does help me too.

If you check out my post history you can see about the use of grapefruit seed extract and tongue coating.

This does reduce the problem for people like OP and I (with tongue coating issues and PND).

Last night I went out to dance bars with loud music and was talking very close to people ask night. By close I mean like right in front of their face too.... no reactions all night at all. I've been religious with the GSE and tongue coating removal though. Also before going out I gargled really well with GSE and then some salt water. Felt pretty ****ing good to not feel closed up and introverted.
NotSoStinky
Total Newbie

Post by NotSoStinky »

I'm glad it worked for you.

It's amazing. I've been over-complicating things for years, brushing, flossing, and rinsing like crazy, but nothing seemed to work.

All this natural stuff seemed to make a world of difference for me.

The other thing is, if I do have bacteria/toxins in the body, I noticed by simply drinking a ton of water every day (eight to ten 16 Oz bottles), not only does it keep my mouth moist, I'm constantly going to the bathroom, so I guess I'm hydrating the mouth/body, and constantly flushing my system as well.

Hope it helps others. Also, adding 10-15 drops of the GSE extract into the water also seems to combat the bacteria that might be causing it.

As far as the tongue, completely gone. Brushing the tongue with a Sonic toothbrush and sea salt, drinking lots of water, my tongue went from a white coat, to totally pink within a week.

Hope it continues to work.
StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

I'm glad you found a regiment that is working for you BUT having to do that much stuff is just crazy. It's just not normal to have to spend so much time doing so many things. I would say that you have not found a cure but rather a way to mask the problem. Its like having an old trashcan with rotten food in it and instead of removing the rotten food just spraying the trashcan with air freshener. But if that's the only way to live a normal life then I guess you're better off. Good luck.
salehia802
Post by salehia802 »

almost true now he is controlling it but most of the people suffer from BB have mouth problem and if he continues these ways for 4/6 months he can rid of it. and for completely riding of mouth bacterias the immune system should be boosted. because those bacterias are normally in everyone mouths and body but with the immune system disorder the balance of bacterias would destroyed and causes BB.(read about the causes of our disease help us a lot).
if he doesn't have any problem with reflux sinuses or tonsils or any other main causes of "halitosis" with oil pulling and of course many effective ways that he doesn't try he can put an end to it!
ExhaleSafely

Post by ExhaleSafely »

StinkBomb wrote:I'm glad you found a regiment that is working for you BUT having to do that much stuff is just crazy. It's just not normal to have to spend so much time doing so many things. I would say that you have not found a cure but rather a way to mask the problem. Its like having an old trashcan with rotten food in it and instead of removing the rotten food just spraying the trashcan with air freshener. But if that's the only way to live a normal life then I guess you're better off. Good luck.
Just speaking for myself, the only stuff of OP's regimen that I do are: clean tongue with salt and toothbrush, rinse and gargle and drink GSE, rinse with salt water. I was doing the neti pot daily for a while (really easy to just take in the shower every morning) but have stopped that about a week ago.

Edit: forgot to mention that I'm eating small spoonfuls of coconut oil too, about once a day.
NotSoStinky
Total Newbie

Post by NotSoStinky »

You're eating the coconut oil? From what I read, and what I'm doing, I swish it around in my mouth for 20 minutes, then spit it out and rinse with salt water. Oil pulling is supposed to draw the toxins and bacteria from the mouth, then spit the bad stuff out.

And I don't care if it's a "cure", or whatever it's called. All I know is it makes a major difference for me, so that's all I care about.

It sounds like alot, but really, 20 minutes a day to do it is nothing compared to the worrying about it 24 hours a day.
ExhaleSafely

Post by ExhaleSafely »

NotSoStinky wrote:You're eating the coconut oil? From what I read, and what I'm doing, I swish it around in my mouth for 20 minutes, then spit it out and rinse with salt water. Oil pulling is supposed to draw the toxins and bacteria from the mouth, then spit the bad stuff out.

And I don't care if it's a "cure", or whatever it's called. All I know is it makes a major difference for me, so that's all I care about.

It sounds like alot, but really, 20 minutes a day to do it is nothing compared to the worrying about it 24 hours a day.
Yea I'm familiar with the oil pulling concept. In my personal opinion however, I think the idea of it "pulling" toxins out is completely bogus. I just put a spoonful on my tongue and let it sit a bit and melt, then I take little gulps until it's gone. I do this because I want it to coat the back of my tongue and esophagus.

Go on google and search: MRI OF OPERA SINGER -- Now take a look at the area in between the tongue and epiglottis. If stuff builds up on the tongue for a while, it's going to deposit in that area, I think, so making sure some of whatever treatment you apply to your mouth gets there is important.
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

ExhaleSafely wrote:
Last night I went out to dance bars with loud music and was talking very close to people ask night. By close I mean like right in front of their face too.... no reactions all night at all. I've been religious with the GSE and tongue coating removal though. Also before going out I gargled really well with GSE and then some salt water. Felt pretty ****ing good to not feel closed up and introverted.
just curious, what reactions you would have normally got?

thanks
ExhaleSafely

Post by ExhaleSafely »

somethinstinks wrote:
ExhaleSafely wrote:
just curious, what reactions you would have normally got?

thanks
Typically it's some sniffing, nose touching, and sometimes polite covering of the mouth with a hand -- nothing too obvious. I'm super paranoid and sensitive to any touching of the mouth or nose by others though (as probably most of us are), so I'm not saying I never got false positives.

Just as an update: I stopped doing the steps of the routine as described above. Now, all I do is brush my teeth and tongue really well with GSE toothpaste and then gargle whatever's left in my mouth after brushing. I think it works just as well.

I have noticed a couple reactions here and there, but there's been a definite improvement since spending the time to really brush the tongue and keep it clean. The GSE is absolutely effective in removing a layer (maybe it's some biofilm) that doesn't go away with most other methods. I now don't get such a layer on the tongue after a few weeks of removal with GSE and brushing. However, a confounding factor is that since I've found some relief, I'm way less anxious during social interaction, so my mouth doesn't dry out nearly as often to allow the oral environment to change in an unfavorable way.
sergio_00
Total Newbie

Post by sergio_00 »

I really doubt that you have found a cure, either your bb wasn't so bad, or you are only masking it. When you are cured you only spend time with a normal oral hygiene routine of brushing and flossing, and that's all, you don't need to do more.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic