Your Email Address:

First Name:

tonsil smells

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
amii
tonsil smells

Post by amii »

hi guys quick question

if i rub my tonsils which are at the back on my mouth i get real bad smells. the smells differ depending on the place that i rub my finger eg if i push my finger in to a small tonsil hole i get a sharp smell and if i rub behind the tonsil i get another bad smell.

i have seen 3 very small tonsil stones in my life (1 mm in size) however i dont know if i have any bigger ones lurking around.

my right side tonsil seems to smell more worser than the left

what is this all about?

thanks

somethinstinks
Advanced

Re: tonsil smells

Post by somethinstinks »

amii wrote:hi guys quick question

if i rub my tonsils which are at the back on my mouth i get real bad smells. the smells differ depending on the place that i rub my finger eg if i push my finger in to a small tonsil hole i get a sharp smell and if i rub behind the tonsil i get another bad smell.

i have seen 3 very small tonsil stones in my life (1 mm in size) however i dont know if i have any bigger ones lurking around.

my right side tonsil seems to smell more worser than the left

what is this all about?

thanks
id guess u have tonsil stones
amii
Post by amii »

Hi I have poked around with a plastic tonsil device which I bought of eBay and gone into a small hole in my tonsils however haven't seen anything. All I've ever seen in my life have been 3 stones that's are 1mm in size.

Do you think I may have larger stones. Also how can I find then and take out
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

amii wrote:Hi I have poked around with a plastic tonsil device which I bought of eBay and gone into a small hole in my tonsils however haven't seen anything. All I've ever seen in my life have been 3 stones that's are 1mm in size.

Do you think I may have larger stones. Also how can I find then and take out
I used to never be able to find my tonsil stones (i wasnt even sure where my tonsils were). The only time I would know i had a tonsil stone was when they randomly came loose in my mouth. Then using my finger (and sniffing it) i was able to locate where the tonsil stone smell was coming from. I got a waterflosser (which i would highly recommend for this and for flossing) and on the lowest setting shot into the area. Now when I press my finger up to the area i dont smell the odor so Im pretty sure it helped. Im still dealing with this, but I think it helped
ttylxman

Post by ttylxman »

As soon as I stopped rinsing out my tonsils with chlorhexidine, my breath took a dive and I developed a monster tonsil stone that I've been able to feel growing for weeks.

I haven't had a tonsil stone bother me in years of irrigating..This proves to me it is very important for us to irrigate our tonsils, even with just hydrogen peroxide. Still working on getting a Tonsillectomy and Andoidectomy..
tigg
Total Newbie

Post by tigg »

@ttylxman

I have recently started rubbing chlorhexidine all over my tonsils (my right one has deep crypts and smells really bad) to see if it helps.

I find that just 1-2 hours after i've done this if I touch/squeeze the tonsil again the bad smell is back.
That said I used to get stones every single day out of the tonsil and I no longer get them, however I suspect it's because I rub them every 2 hours so they don't get a chance to form...

How long have you gone tonsil-smell-free after rinsing them with chlorhexidine?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic