Your Email Address:

First Name:

In the process of getting my adenoids removed

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

i guess , i"m out of luck maybe next time if you come in to LA . i hope you have a speedy recovery.

jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Corpsebreath wrote:Greenish discharge from your adenoids... Sounds like you had an infected thornwaldt's cyst imbedded in them. Same as 9years had.
Could you tell us a little about your symptoms? Did you have a bitter/sour/metallic taste, tongue coating or pnd? Thanks!
Sorry I didn't see your post until now. Yes it sounds like what 9years had. If you read my previous posts you'll see that I visited the same doctor as 9years, and I did mention 9years case to the doctor when I went to my first appointment and the doctor did remember 9years's case.
In terms of the thornwaldt cyst, on my post-op appointment with the doctor I will ask him if that's what I had.
And my symptoms were chronic fecal breath, bitter tast in back of throat.

If you go back on my profile and read my posts you'll see that I've been posting about my condition for years now on this forum and you can read what I've done/tried in the past.

As of right now, I'm not claiming any cure because I'm on antibiotic and because I haven't got people's feedback yet. But I promise I will continue to keep you all updated on how things are going with me.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

guzler wrote:i guess , i"m out of luck maybe next time if you come in to LA . i hope you have a speedy recovery.
Thanks. I have to say, as of right now, the recovery part of this surgery is a breeze compared to when I had my tonsillectomy.
I had a mild sore throat the day of the surgery and the morning after, but now it's not sore anymore. Only thing is I have that mild feeling of something in the back of my throat whenever I swallow, but again it's a very mild sensation.

Couple hours after the surgery I started taking liquids only (ensure and jello), but during the evening I ate solid food because I was hungry and it did not hurt when I ate. (I think it's because the adenoids are relatively located high in the back of the throat and the food doesn't irritate the area where they did the surgery).

The doctor gave me a prescription for pain med but I haven't taken any because I haven't felt that I need any pain med.
Also, the doctor did recommend that I continue doing a sinus rinse while the area is healing.
badexhale

Post by badexhale »

Pmd you jess let me know what you think thanks
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

good thing you found a doctor that actually listens. any more update so far?
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

@ badexhale: just replied to your PM.
dick.karma wrote:good thing you found a doctor that actually listens. any more update so far?
Updates: since after the surgery I have been going out and I haven't used any mints or chewing gum at all (In the past 16 years before this surgery I've always used mints or chewing gum when I'm out in public). I haven't noticed any reactions from people even when I'm talking close to them, and I haven't had any bad comments at all. I've asked at least 3 people for feedback on my breath (by directly talking and blowing on their face) and they've all say my breath doesn't smell. One of them has even responded by saying my breath "smells good".

I finished taking the antibiotic two days ago. The only taste I have in the back of my throat right now is the taste of old blood, and the taste is fainting with each passing day.

From all these facts mentioned above, I'm saying I'm not experiencing any chronic bad breath since after the surgery. I'm not using the word "cure" yet because I want to wait at least another month or two to see what the situation is. I will continue to keep you all posted.
badexhale

Post by badexhale »

Hey jess im so glad its working out for you not sure why your pm did not show up in my inbox but please resend or message me back, my pm to you doesnt show in my inbox or out box like it was erased.but iv been having a sucky month and plan on getting it done.i would have to pay it all out of pocket so i need to be 100% sure its for me.thanks
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Update: As mentioned before, I finished taking the antibiotic last Thursday. I've still been having the flesh burning kinda taste in the back of my throat. But starting last evening I started noticing kind of a mild dirty socks/feet taste in the back of my throat as well. And since today I've been noticing the taste as well. So I asked my niece what my breath smell like, and I told her to absolutely be honest with me. I blew in her face a couple of times and she told me my breath has a sour smell to him.

I'm kinda disappointed because I feel like considering what was found and removed along with my adenoid I shouldn't be having any smell at all from my breath.
Anyway I'll continue to keep you all updated on my condition, but this is what my condition is right now.
StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

Hi Jess,

Try to stay positive. I'm sure that your throat is still healing. I would give it at least a month before you decide if the operation worked or not. I looked at some of your past posts and I see that you have been talking about your adenoids for years. I really hope this turns out to be your cure.

Just wondering if this "dirty socks/feet taste" is something new (since operation) or have you always had it? If it's something new, I'm sure it will disappear once your throat has healed.

I have also scheduled an adenoidectomy. Fingers crossed.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

StinkBomb wrote:Hi Jess,

Try to stay positive. I'm sure that your throat is still healing. I would give it at least a month before you decide if the operation worked or not. I looked at some of your past posts and I see that you have been talking about your adenoids for years. I really hope this turns out to be your cure.

Just wondering if this "dirty socks/feet taste" is something new (since operation) or have you always had it? If it's something new, I'm sure it will disappear once your throat has healed.

I have also scheduled an adenoidectomy. Fingers crossed.
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I agree with you and I believe you're right. It's still too early to know for sure whether or not the procedure has worked for me. As of right now I'm still continuing to monitor my progress, and I'd say i cannot tell yet that the procedure is a cure for me, but I believe it has reduced the odor to some extent. I will continue to monitor my progress and report back here.
StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

Hi Jess,

It's been one month since your Adenoidectomy. Any final verdict?
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

StinkBomb wrote:Hi Jess,

It's been one month since your Adenoidectomy. Any final verdict?
Hi everyone, I know it's been a while now (almost two months since I had the surgery) since I haven't update on my surgery and I apologize. I've just been busy with life.

In terms of the adenoidectomy, I'm sorry to report, it did not work for me. Didn't even help at all. So overall, it was just a complete waste of money.

As of right now, I'm still suffering from this terrible chronic condition and still hoping for a cure.
Givingup
Total Newbie

Post by Givingup »

I'm sorry it didn't cure your bb.
I hope and pray we all find a cure to this [-o<
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Givingup wrote:I'm sorry it didn't cure your bb.
I hope and pray we all find a cure to this [-o<
Thank you. Life goes on I guess.
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

sorry to hear that. we go on :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic