Your Email Address:

First Name:

Panendoscopy and bilateral tonsillectomy

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
amii
Panendoscopy and bilateral tonsillectomy

Post by amii »

Hi Guys

I am due to have a Panendoscopy and bilateral tonsillectomy soon.

Has anyone had a Panendoscopy before? If so what is it and what should the dr be looking for?

I am also getting my tonsils out .... does anyone know if i should get all the different tonsils out or just the platine ones

thanks

euloexchange
Total Newbie

Post by euloexchange »

i had my palatine tonsils taken out 8 days ago and i seem to notice an improvement. altho i am still monitoring as i am just off antibiotics and i am fearing that the improvement came from the meds...

i am kicking myself for not having my adenoids removed at the same procedure. it would have saved me time, effort and money.
Givingup
Total Newbie

Post by Givingup »

Don't forget to update us amii
amii
Post by amii »

Hi

i have a feeling that my tonsils are harboring germs as ive been told they are crypitic so smell kind of sour.

i get an eggy smell from my nose/mouth also which i dont know where its coming from. I wish its the tonsils which if removed will get rid/reduce the smell.

Some how i think my issue is to do wth PND, white tongue and all that kind of stufff also ...

The dr has also requested a Pandascopy which basically is an investgation of the neck, throat, and other interanal passages to see if theres any lumps that are collecting crap and rotting.

I have a month left for this op ... dunno what to do if this doesnt cure me ... :(
amii
Re: Panendoscopy and bilateral tonsillectomy

Post by amii »

Hi
Just an update

I had the following results

Pandescopy - PASS - no issues with my throat

Tonsils - were inflammed and around 26mm - 30mm which were removed

i just wanted to ask what else i can look for to operate or to clean/maintain as i still get white tongue.

Also i notice that in the area where my tonsils used to be phlegme seems to be collecting and also i can feel something stuck at the back of my throat/throat ...

Any ideas as i still get bb. Its has improved since taking tonsils out however im still not cured
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Try drinking lemon water with every meal for a week and see if your white tongue improves
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

lemon will damage your teeth, dont do it
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
amii

Post by amii »

what else can i do ? its been 3 weeks but i still get a smell

its not as bad as before - i think the fecal smell is gone - dont know how ? Maybe tonsils? but the musty smell is present. I think it comes from the uvulva area .... the area that plegme comes out from when coughing up.

Any ideas how to clean that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic