Your Email Address:

First Name:

Dry Mouth Solutions please!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Determined
Total Newbie

Dry Mouth Solutions please!

Post by Determined »

I'm 18. I have had BB since I was 11, I guess. I live in a hostel so it's very embarrassing. I'm constantly ostracised due to my breath. My dentist confirmed my BB was due to dry mouth. Could anyone please suggest dry mouth medications? Something that will stimulate my salivary glands? Over-the-counter medicines are preferred.

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

the only medication that will actually work for dry mouth is Salagen/ Pilocarpine but you will need a prescription from your dentist for this.

I am currently on this medication, however the effects only last maximum an hour and it comes with side effects :(

I recently read that keeping a tiny piece of lemon in the mouth can stimulate saliva, I'm gonna give that a try starting tomorrow. It might also help to drink bottled water and use fluoride-free toothpaste.
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Determined
Total Newbie

Post by Determined »

Hey, even I get a musty breath. And it smells like whatever I just ate. My dentist talked of keeping a lemon in my mouth but I didn't think it could be feasible. Can you tell me what other cures you have tried? We may have the same problem. I have fresh breath only when I chew gum but I can't be chewing gum all day long. I've also stopped eating milk products to see if I may be lactose intolerant. Also I still have 2 milk teeth in place of the permanent ones.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic