Your Email Address:

First Name:

My life, my story

Tell us your story with bad breath
whyme
Junior

My life, my story

Post by whyme »

just wanted to share some experience i had with you guys..

my first bad experience with bb was when i was about 5 or 6 years old i remember my cousin and i where arguing about stuff and we started calling each other names so he said that i stink and i said to him back "no you stink!" so he said let's bet who breath smells better.. so my other cousin smell his and when she was about to smell mines i just open my mouth but didn't exhale. she said exhale and i said "i am doing it!, can't you smell it?" she never got to smell because i wouldn't let her do it the right way. after that day everything went down the drain.

before that time i don't remember myself having bad breath and after that time i started worrying about my BB a whole lot.

when i was around age 7 i had my first sex experience (yea very young). the girlwanted to kiss me but i said i don't like kissing, she insisted and insisted but i didn't wanted to do it because of the bb, so i just gave up and ate a candy and kiss her. tasted horrible for me, but she didn't say nothing and we continue doing *rated stuff*.

at around 12yrs old i was a wild beast, doing bad kid stuff and didn't pay attention to my bb, so does where the happy years for me.

when i got in high school everything went down the drain. i think i was 14-15yrs old. in freshman years i became more aware of my bb, i hardly talk in class because of it, i ate gum all the time trying to kill it, i drank water like a camel and all of that.. i didn't have that many friends until my sophomore year..

in my sophomore year i meet a lot of people, including a girl i really like a lot.. we talk and talk all the time, one day i saw her walking down the steps and when i was about to kiss her in the cheeks, i think i miss by a few inches and kiss her near the lips. so she says to me "why don't you finish kissing me?" i stared at her for a sec wanting to but through my mind it cross me again my BB. so i didn't say nothing and i walked away.

we still talked going on into my junior year we even argue because she ask "me why do you call me so much?" and it slip out my mouth and said " because i want to hear your voice." so she said "so do you like me?" so we talk and argue but i never came around to say it and she said she doesn't want to talk to me again. i was devasted for like a whole week, i even miss a few days of school. i didn't want her or nobody to know about my BB. Prom day came around and i miss the prom because of BB, i didn't want to get near nobody like that because i knew the person i was going with where going to smell me since i had to get close to dance and all of that. (one of the biggest regret in my life so far).

so senior year came and before i knew it i was out of highschool. college i went to for 2 years was the same as my senior year BB hunted me all day everyday and i was out.
2 years later here i am... shy kinda because i can't let lose around people, at my job selling houses, my only friends left are the few people from highschool..

i worry that i'm getting older and have lots of regrets, my childhood pass me by in a flash, and the days don't seem to go any slower.i want to go out, i want to dance, i want to party!! i want to socialize without worrying about bb, i want to go crazy!!! i am a beast in a cage waiting for someone to set me loose..

did you know that nobody in my family knows about my BB? never smelled it and they think im going to the doctors because of soar throat problem and not BB, i am 23yrs old and had it since i was 5yrs old. that's my story.

dontholdurbreath
Total Newbie

Post by dontholdurbreath »

i hear ya man

Im 23 too, had it all my life and pretty much ignored it until highschool, wish i could live like a kid again and not care
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

I'm new to the group and I feel everyone's pain. My bb has been haunting me on and off since I was 19, and I'm 35 now. It all came about when I developed sinus trouble. I don't really have allergies, yet I have what the allergist called an irritability to some scents. The sprays just give me a headache. I am also lactose intolerant and just recently developed a hiatal hernia - both of which can also contribute to my preexisting bb.
The vitamin C experiment is very interesting to me because I remember a 2 year period when I was free of bb - I was taking 1000mg (non-chewable) a day and working out and drinking lots of water. This combo did the trick for me. Since then I had to babies and have been very busy - too busy to do the hard-core cardio I was doing before. It seemed to loosen up the mucus and move it along so it didn't sit there in the back of my mouth as long.
This trip has been a long road and if I shared with you all the hurtful times I've had I would be up for hours writing this. Being an elementary school teacher with bb is not any fun - let me tell you - kids are brutally honest and downright crude. My last year before I took time off to have kids, my bb was so bad that I was given a nickname - the GRINCH! Now I'm not a mean teacher - I'm strict, but fair, and I look nothing like the grinch - more like Sandra Bullock people say, so the only reason I figured they called me this is because of my horrible breath. My students could smell it from 6 ft. away. Kids in the front row would cover there noses with their shirts! I ended up chewing gum while I taught. I ate more mints than I could count in one day. It was horrible. I wanted to die. If it weren't for my hubby I would have taken my life. I met him during the good 2 yrs. The wired thing is, he doesn't smell it??? And my mom can't either??? It's like they are immune to it for some reason??? I know it's back with a vengence. I'm in a mommy's group and everytime I talk with the mommies they think their son or daughter pooped in their diaper. It's so embarrassing, to put it lightly. I've begun to open up to a few people I've made freinds with, and I think they told the other mommies in the group, which has made things a lot easier. It's better when they know I know and they have heard what I've been through.
My ENT doctor said I should get my tonsils out, but I chicked out last minute. I read that some people had it done and it didn't come back. Then, I read a book by Dr. OZ and he said that bb comes from the stomach and I do have a hiatal hernia so I thought I'd look into that. But, after reading these forums it seems the common link is post nasal drip of which I've had all along. I have the crips in the tonsils as well, but they do not have many tonsilliths any more, but my ent says they can still be lurking underneath like a volcano and can make your breath smell. I should have just gotton it done. If it worked it would have saved me from a lot of pain and anguish from the awful reactions I got from the ladies in this mommies group this past year. I'm not the type to let something like this govern my life, and I'm very social. So, I just keep going out there and I just keep getting knocked down. Everyday I have hope that the new experiment (new gum, mouth wash, spray. etc.) will work and everyday I'm wrong. It's getting to the point where I'm about to give up and just be a hermit with my husband and kids. I don't even want to go back to work. I've even thought about getiing pregnant again just so it can prolong me going back to work - how warped is that! My freindships would be so different if I didn't have this bb problem. I would feel free to hug and be close with my girlfriends. I must seem so rigid and cold at times - I hate it because that is not me at all.
For those of you that don't have many loved ones and family to support you, my heart goes out to you. That is why this site is so awesome because you see that you are not alone.
I'm going to GNC tomorrow to get my sugarless vit. C, and I will start doing some cardio again. I'll let you know how it goes.

ps - Has anyone tried that K12 proactive stuff that Therabreath advertises???
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

yes K12 probiotics werent the "answer" for me. But they did help somewhat. howver, im not sure if it was the actual probiotics or just the fact that i started tongue cleaning at this time. Maybe thats all it was.

Whyme, 7 years old! You dog! You're my hero :lol:
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

austuser wrote:im not sure if it was the actual probiotics or just the fact that i started tongue cleaning at this time.
this is what it was, it wasnt k12
whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

austuser wrote:yes K12 probiotics werent the "answer" for me. But they did help somewhat. howver, im not sure if it was the actual probiotics or just the fact that i started tongue cleaning at this time. Maybe thats all it was.

Whyme, 7 years old! You dog! You're my hero :lol:
lol.. hey i didn't even started it.. she was like 4 or 5yrs older than me.
findacure
Master

I so feel you

Post by findacure »

I have tried Therabraeth, but the stablized choliine dioxde, has been irratating my osephegus, forcing me to stop. I have tried numerous products Profresh, Reatrdex therabreath....and have spent a fortune. The probiots, i dont know if it works the serum is very strong.. it gave me a sore throat...but i think i may still use the K12 in a sugar free yogurt..and see if that helps...
whyme
Junior

Re: I so feel you

Post by whyme »

findacure wrote:I have tried Therabraeth, but the stablized choliine dioxde, has been irratating my osephegus, forcing me to stop. I have tried numerous products Profresh, Reatrdex therabreath....and have spent a fortune. The probiots, i dont know if it works the serum is very strong.. it gave me a sore throat...but i think i may still use the K12 in a sugar free yogurt..and see if that helps...
what kind of yogurt is that? i heard a couple of you talk about K12 and yogurt but i didn't understand very well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic