Your Email Address:

First Name:

Gastroenterology doctor & Domperidone

Tell us your story with bad breath
iwillbecured

Gastroenterology doctor & Domperidone

Post by iwillbecured »

I went to see my gastroenterology doctor this morning. I did some test before and found out that I have haital hernia and acid reflux couple months ago. I've been taking Nexium and that helped my acid reflux symptons. However, it didn't help me with my bb at all. Since the bb comments I got were always about "fart" and "poo", I assume the smell most likely come from my digestive system. I did a stomach emptying test and went to get my result this morning. Doctor told me the test was fine. And he asked me about how are things lately. I told him nothing has improved and I usually get more reaction after I eat (and I burp a lot). He give me a prescription of a medicine called "Domperidone". He told me you can't buy it in USA (where I am), but I can order online from Canada. This medicine will help digesting food better. Does anyone know about this medicine?

My doctor also schedule me to go back for gastroscopy and biopsy for my stomach and intestine. My doctor has been really great. Seemed like he wanted to find out the cause just as much as I do.

I am also going to have a minor sinus surgery, as well as removing my tonsil and adenoid next friday (12/21). My gastroenterology doctor also said hopefully that surgery will improve my problem.

I am having a lot of things done in the hospital lately. But I am glad that I am taking actions to solve this problem. For a long time, I was just sitting at home feeling sorry for myself and getting depressed. But now I'm taking a step... well, not just one step, but a few haha.... I am keeping my hope up. We will find a cure!

hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

Good for you for pursuing an explanation for your bb. I burp a lot too and have always thought that there was a connection between digestion/burping/bb.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic