Your Email Address:

First Name:

please, i need some ideas

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
danger
Master

please, i need some ideas

Post by danger »

can people please give me ideas on how i can finally cure my BB

the only place where this horrible smell is coming from is the middle third of my tongue which is always coated

i am pretty sure that i dont have an odour coming from my nose because when i keep my mouth shut and breath out through my nose i cant detect anything, but after breathing out through my nose and few times then breathe out through my mouth i can smell it myself, sometimes the smell is worse than others

if i go one day without scraping my tongue the smell is horrible and i can actually taste it, it is literally like shit, scraping helps a bit but it doesnt properly solve it, there are bits of coating on the middle third of my tongue that i cant get rid of with a scraper. that is why i have ordered a orabrush, more out of desperation than hope if i am honest, but i will try anything. apparently the orabrush gets deep into the tongue that other scrapers cant

i have been dentist, was told i had impeccable hygiene. went doctors and got tested for celiac disease because a couple of members of my family have it, it came back negative. the doctors didnt have a clue, one even told me to try a mouthwash

the thing i am worried about next is that i start getting nose odour. i need to solve this problem. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS

i have even set a deadline in my head that if i cant find a cure i will kill myself, even though i probably wouldnt have the guts
my life is basically over at this point. i am so tired and has not got the strength to continue

i cant believe a bit of white/yellow coating in the middle third of my tongue is ruining my life

my nose is not really clooged up or stuffy, that is why im sure it is nothing to do with the sinuses
when i put my finger to the very back of my tongue to my tastebuds and then smell i cant really detect a smell, but when i put my finger on the middle third of my tongue where i can see the coating the smell is there, sometimes horrible

i read through the posts on here every day
i know this post is long but PLEASE GIVE ME IDEAS

danger
Master

Post by danger »

earlier i spent about 10-15 minutes scraping my tongue with my tung brush, i am sure some of my tastebuds started to bleed because there was a bit of blood on the brush and the back of my tongue feels a bit sore now
i thought my tongue looked less white after i did it, but now when i breath through my nose i can smell and taste my breath when it comes through my mouth again

it is worse when i open up my nostrils(more so my right one) a little bit and breath outwards through my nose that i can smell my own breath through my mouth. would that be normal to anyone who did that?

i am thinking of booking an appointment for my doctor again and ask him to do an ENT check for me

so, i think me ordering an orabrush is a waste of money

there are people on here whose views i value when it comes to this, people like halitosissux always seems to know what he is talking about, i would really value an opinion

my life is so draining and depressing at the moment
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi danger,
I read your earlier post and was going to reply but i'll put a bit more thought into it later when i have more time.. it seems strange how you would have more odour in the middle of your tongue compared to the rear, which is usually where its the strongest - do you have any dental issues which you suspect might be behind this?
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:Hi danger,
I read your earlier post and was going to reply but i'll put a bit more thought into it later when i have more time.. it seems strange how you would have more odour in the middle of your tongue compared to the rear, which is usually where its the strongest - do you have any dental issues which you suspect might be behind this?
hi

i went for a dental check up not long after i started getting bad breath and the dentist said my oral hygiene was very good so as far as i am aware, no

i should also add that when i went to the doctors a couple of months back i talked my doctor into giving me a weeks worth of amoxicilin and metro but i have not taken them yet as he told me it could make my breath worse, but then i see a post by you a moment ago where you said people have been cured by this
bhd

Post by bhd »

tongue brush occasionally. candida diet + no diary + digestive enzymes + nasal rinse if u have pnd.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

bhd wrote:tongue brush occasionally. candida diet + no diary + digestive enzymes + nasal rinse if u have pnd.
i dont think i have pnd. i dont really have a runny nose, what is bothering me though is my breath is worse through my mouth after i breathed out through my nose, thats why i am beginning to think it is sinus related

and what can you eat on a candida diet? and how long for?
danger
Master

Post by danger »

can you get tested for lactose intolerant?

i am trying to think of all possibilities to give to my doctor, even though he will probably just try and fend me off

also when i got tested for celiac disease and it came back negative, could that possibly be wrong?

the thing is i really dont have any other symptoms apart from bad breath so could a food intolerance still be possible?
and it has only started in the last year or so and i am in my late twenties, is it possible to start so late?

god, i hate my life
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:Hi danger,
i think i should point this out about you asking about dental issues

i dont think this has anything to do with my bad breath and taste in my mouth but i have never flossed in my life

i have all but dismissed that as a possible explanation since my dentist said i had good oral hygiene

could not flossing give you bad breath even after your dentist has said your oral hygiene is good and you never really have toothache?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

danger, im surprised you've never flossed your teeth before - not just because its common knowledge that this is an essential part of oral hygiene practice, but because its something that gets mentioned in just about every single bit of advice to combat bad breath.

Your dentist must assume that you do floss your teeth. I can only suggest at this point that you get flossing and hopefully you'll still be in time to undo any disease process that might have begun between your teeth.

The fact its started so late in your life and only fairly recently makes me feel optimistic its this.

p.s. we all know the hell we go thru with BB, but plz no more serious mentions of s*****e.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:danger, im surprised you've never flossed your teeth before - not just because its common knowledge that this is an essential part of oral hygiene practice, but because its something that gets mentioned in just about every single bit of advice to combat bad breath.

Your dentist must assume that you do floss your teeth. I can only suggest at this point that you get flossing and hopefully you'll still be in time to undo any disease process that might have begun between your teeth.

The fact its started so late in your life and only fairly recently makes me feel optimistic its this.

p.s. we all know the hell we go thru with BB, but plz no more serious mentions of s*****e.
i know i should have flossed but if my bad breath was coming from shit in between my teeth, wouldnt my dentist have noticed something wrong with my teeth?

i pray to god that it is this but now i am worried that the damage has been done

to be honest i dont even know how to floss(this sounds obscene i know) but i will definitely buy some floss stuff tomorrow and give it a go

do you just scrape in between each tooth with the floss?
and what actually do you pull out? just leftover rotten food and stuff?

i am still not convinced it is this but i will certainly try flossing

thanks for the advice halitosissux
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

ahh the things I could tell you about dentists...
anyway, yes your dentist might notice things going wrong when your teeth start loosening, but not much else prior to that - oh maybe some bad breath. And then your dentist can earn lots of $$$$ putting the situation right again.

Just gently pass a clean part of floss through your teeth. Advise you to buy waxed floss because if your teeth are anything like as crowded as mine are you'll be headbutting your mirror trying to pull it through.

You'll be able to judge easily enough what you're pulling out because its likely to REEK.ahh the things I could tell you about dentists...
anyway, yes your dentist might notice things going wrong when your teeth start loosening, but not much else prior to that - oh maybe some bad breath. And then your dentist can earn lots of $$$$ putting the situation right again.

Just gently pass a clean part of floss through your teeth. Advise you to buy waxed floss because if your teeth are anything like as crowded as mine are you'll be headbutting your mirror trying to pull it through.

You'll be able to judge easily enough what you're pulling out because its likely to REEK.
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

Flossing is not hard once you get the hang of it. There are plenty of videos on youtube that show how to floss properly. It's never too late to start!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jexw9Sp4W4
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:ahh the things I could tell you about dentists...

You'll be able to judge easily enough what you're pulling out because its likely to REEK.ahh the things I could tell you about dentists...

You'll be able to judge easily enough what you're pulling out because its likely to REEK.
waxed floss it is then, thanks

how long does 1 set of floss last you? do you do it once a day?

one thing that has me pessimistic is though, how come my breath smells bad when i sometimes breath through my nose? would that possibly still happen if not flossing was the answer?
danger
Master

Post by danger »

caramiamine98 wrote:Flossing is not hard once you get the hang of it. There are plenty of videos on youtube that show how to floss properly. It's never too late to start!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jexw9Sp4W4
thanks, i had a look at a couple of youtube videos earlier

what teeth are usually the worse for getting stuff out?

i know hardly anybody that flosses, and they dont have bad breath
that is why i think it might be something else ](*,)
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

Even if it's not the source of BB for you it's still important to floss. Flossing helps avoid cavities between the teeth and gum disease which can cause premature tooth loss. Gum disease has also been linked to heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, etc. Sounds like a good enough reason to me! It only takes a few minutes and you should only have to do it once a day.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic