Your Email Address:

First Name:

please, i need some ideas

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Try not to compare yourself to other people. There are some who can have the most apalling oral hygiene and bad teeth and get away with smelling like roses, but that doesnt mean to say that everyone can then rule out all dental possibilites because its a known FACT that most cases of BB happen because of something relating to the teeth and gums - but probably not the case for many people on here because they have generally spent years ruling these obvious things out.

Its like concluding that just because someone you know reaches 90 years old and smoked their whole life means that smoking is therefore safe for you.

danger
Master

Post by danger »

point taken halitosisux

and i just tried to put my finger on a couple my teeth at the back, obviously i couldnt get between them with my finger but i tried as well as i could and when i smelt my finger i could certainly detect an odour, i dont want to get my hopes up though

i am actually going to pray tonight that flossing will cure my bad breath

the one thing that i am worried about now is even if does turn out to be the cause it wont solve it completely and the damage is done

halitosisux, do you think in most cases that people who start doing all the daily oral hygiene usually solves the bad breath problem?

this has been my biggest hope for about a year, i am actually looking forward to flossing tomorrow

PLEASE GOD
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

start flossing. If the floss smell its probably the teeth
Never flossing is bad. I cant go more than 2 days or I can feel all kind of food between teeth, and it turns rooten.
Im sorry but it sound like bad oral care. Now you just have to come with a better routine.
You ma want to try some thera breath.You can dip your floss in the paste or rinse
alot of people bash this product but its the only thing that helps me, but not a cure
Although I just ordered xtra strength today and Ill recieve on fri, I also ordered the nasal drops. I plan on doing the upside down flush with these drops
Try the products for yuourself. Everyones different
My bb originated from a bad tooth so any so called cure wouldnt have cured me until the tooth was fixed.
This will be my first time ordering x tra strength. I spent a pretty penny on this order today, but I am getting desperate not to live like this anymore. You should also ttry tung gel, and definately most definately get a tung brush. It is spelled TUNG gel. Basicaly no store is carrying it anymore, but you can order it and its actually very cheap.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

danger, its all about trial and error. Your situation is favourable for a straightforward conclusion to your problem because it started late and you havent had it for long, but that's all. One thing at a time. follow meowkitty's advice there with the therabreath or any antibacterial agent to dip your floss into. If your teeth are generally in good condition as your dentist says they are then you might have nothing more than a lot of gunk between your teeth seeping out a foul discharge making your tongue smell, and if so then flossing will deal with that quickly. Give it time. Good luck

@meowkitty I dont know much about it but good idea to use whatever nasal stuff Dr. katzo sells for your irrigation, since its made for doing just that im presuming?
danger
Master

Post by danger »

meowkity1 wrote:start flossing. If the floss smell its probably the teeth
Never flossing is bad. I cant go more than 2 days or I can feel all kind of food between teeth, and it turns rooten.
Im sorry but it sound like bad oral care. Now you just have to come with a better routine.
You ma want to try some thera breath.You can dip your floss in the paste or rinse
alot of people bash this product but its the only thing that helps me, but not a cure
Although I just ordered xtra strength today and Ill recieve on fri, I also ordered the nasal drops. I plan on doing the upside down flush with these drops
Try the products for yuourself. Everyones different
My bb originated from a bad tooth so any so called cure wouldnt have cured me until the tooth was fixed.
This will be my first time ordering x tra strength. I spent a pretty penny on this order today, but I am getting desperate not to live like this anymore. You should also ttry tung gel, and definately most definately get a tung brush. It is spelled TUNG gel. Basicaly no store is carrying it anymore, but you can order it and its actually very cheap.
thanks for the advice kitty

i actually have a tung brush, i cant use the gel though, it gives me a sore throat

and the tung brush does get some gunk from your tongue but it never cured my bad breath so i have bashed it on here before

i will take that back if it is the shit between my teeth causing this

and yeah, if it does turn out to be bad oral care from me i will admit it. i have wasted about a year of my life, if it turns out because of not flossing i dont know whether to be delighted or angry
Last edited by danger on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:danger, its all about trial and error. Your situation is favourable for a straightforward conclusion to your problem because it started late and you havent had it for long, but that's all. One thing at a time. follow meowkitty's advice there with the therabreath or any antibacterial agent to dip your floss into. If your teeth are generally in good condition as your dentist says they are then you might have nothing more than a lot of gunk between your teeth seeping out a foul discharge making your tongue smell, and if so then flossing will deal with that quickly. Give it time. Good luck

@meowkitty I dont know much about it but good idea to use whatever nasal stuff Dr. katzo sells for your irrigation, since its made for doing just that im presuming?
thanks sux, it is just this has been my biggest hope yet, i cant believe i have ignored flossing
nobody in my family flosses but nobody has bad breath, that is why i stupidly dismissed it

the only thing now is i think i might struggle to floss
how long does it take you to floss all your teeth? is it easy to pick up?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Take your time to begin with because it can tend to get quite bloody, but you'll gradually refine your method and have no problems eventually.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

More than flossing I actualy use those dental needle picks you can buy at the store. Any time I eat meat, I might go to the toilet, and just open the drawer grab it out and get the meat out of your teeth
Be careful though, using this pick is the same reaon my fillling fell out wich triggered bb. I was scraping what I thought was plaqu, and it was a filling. the filling popped off, and horror ever since. So if yoou purchase 1 do it gentky
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

Just for you, I timed myself flossing. I clocked in at a whopping 2 minutes... :D

Further reading on flossing and heart disease, etc:

Associated Content HomeHealth & Wellness

Flossing and Heart Disease
April 15, 2009 by Anita Grace Simpson

Failure to Floss Hurts More Than Your Gums!

Do you floss every day? Come on, you can tell me - I won't tell your dental hygienist! (I have to confess I didn't floss every day - but after writing this article, I do!) Of course, you may be one of the really self-disciplined people who do floss as directed. If you are, I congratulate you. This article won't really apply since you probably don't have gum disease, but keep reading anyway to find out why that thin piece of string is so important!

Recent studies have suggested that failure to floss can contribute, indirectly, to premature death. If you don't floss regularly, you may develop complications such as heart attack or stroke, after passing through unpleasant, though not fatal, stages. (Please note: An important factor in both gum disease and heart disease is smoking. Smoking cigarettes, cigars, or a pipe increases the risk of both diseases much more than failure to floss does. This is why dentists as well as doctors will strongly encourage patients to stop smoking.).

The purpose of flossing is two-fold: to clean between the teeth, and to clean under the gum line, thereby stimulating gum health. If you don't floss regularly, it's likely that your gums bleed when your hygienist flosses them. They may bleed when you brush vigorously, as well. These are signs of mild gingivitis, or inflammation of the gums. The membranes lack strength and are easily broken.

Stop and think about the germs in your mouth. As you may have heard, a human bite is more likely to become infected than a dog bite! A break in your gums will give bacteria clear access to your bloodstream. Medical research has found a correlation between any level of periodontal disease (including gingivitis) and atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries. Investigators speculate that the bacteria in the bloodstream may clump together to form clots which then stick in arteries that are partially blocked by fatty proteins. A heart attack or stroke may result.

Continued failure to floss leads to more noticeable gingivitis, in which the gums are red and slightly puffy and bleed easily. If the gingivitis is not treated, periodontitis will result. Bacteria trapped under the gums produce toxins, causing an autoimmune response (the body's immune system turns on itself). Pockets are formed when the gums separate from the teeth and the underlying bone becomes infected. As the pockets deepen, teeth may become loose, requiring removal. Surgery to trim away unhealthy gum tissue may be advised as well.

The autoimmune response triggered in periodontitis is another possible reason for the fact that people with gum disease are twice as likely to have heart disease as those with healthy gums. Regardless of the reason, however, it is clear that periodontal disease can have effects on the rest of the body, not just the mouth. "Floss every day!" is not just the nagging phrase your hygienist repeats at every visit. Ultimately, failure to floss could mean the difference between life and death.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... html?cat=5
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

hilitosisux I have actually used the nose drops once before, but I used it very spareingly because it was so small. So I ordered 3 this time because Im gonna wam it.
And the last time I used it was back when my whole face smelled like pure shit. I am improving alot, so I think this is the perfet time to pu it back into my outine.
My son says the nose fart is still going good.
I am so tired of covering my mouth nd asking him how my nose smells poor guy
Last night we were playing monopoly and hi feet smell kind of bad, we were sitting across eachother with our legs out. I didnt even say anything, because hes endured my shit face time and time again. But he took a bath.
I ordered 3 sinus drops
I am at the point now we're money doesnt nmatter I am going to try any and everyhing
If I could afford to I would go to a breath clinic. Im hoping soon I will. It would be nice to go to a doc and they atlest would understand atleast half of what your talking about.
But today my app for my primary is at 10 45. I am hoping to get metronidazole. Evrything I read says its ment to kill anaerobic bacteria. also used to treat h pylori.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

i really now think my bad breath has been because of not flossing

the only problem is i am struggling to floss good, i cut off some floss to use and after attempting to clean 3 teeth i need to get some more

i have got some dental floss out of my teeth and sometimes the smell was very bad, and thing is, the smell i was getting from dental floss is now the smell i get from my tongue, it has to be related

i am sure this is it

i have went to the dentist and booked in to see somebody on monday about how to use floss better, because i am finding nearly impossible, especially my teeth at the back

i have seen interdental brushes which apparently work well, and i might find easier

does anyone use interdental brushes? and are they easier to use than floss?
danger
Master

Post by danger »

i have been trying to floss all afternoon and to be honest i am not getting much gunk from between my teeth, i still dont think i am doing good enough

i am starting to feel down again because i really thought this was my answer

i still think it might be but i thought after flossing today i would have fresh breath but i have a bad taste in my mouth, the taste though is the smell of the little bits of gunk that i did get out of my teeth so that gives me a little bit of hope

i detect a smell from my back teeth when i am trying to get in them but i cant get in them properly to thoroughly clean the shit between my teeth. i just hope either on monday when i am apparently being shown how to floss from a hygienest that they are the best teacher ever because i cant see me ever managing to floss properly for interdental brushes are easy to use and effective

what a massive disappointment, i was actualy quite excited when i woke up this morning for the first time in ages and now i am very depressed again
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

@caramiamine - it takes me ages to floss my teeth, and i cant use those interdental poking stick things because I cant get them in cos my teeth are tightly packed together. Scary story there about arteries, and totally correct.

@meowkitty - I didnt know katz made these until you mentioned it in one of your posts a few months ago, I have no idea what's in it or what ur meant to do with it or what its even marketed for. No surprise to hear its extortionately priced. Did you ever read the past threads about sinuses and biofilm, and how research has proved that biofilms are involved with most cases of sinusitis which is why it can become chronic so easily if its not dealt with promptly. Doctors are coming to realise that antibiotics are needless against sinusitis because they are so ineffective against biofilms. More radical approaches are needed and lot of research is going into this because a lot of diseases involve the same process elsewhere in the body too. I think if you had clear signs of bacterial infection (coloured mucus and pain/pressure buildup) then metronidazole or erythromycin would be worthwhile trying. But even so, its still worth a try. I think its far more likely that if anything is actually going on with your sinuses its either a fungal infection of some kind or biofilm relating to chronic sinusitis. Chronic sinusitis is very different to acute sinusitis because it involves damage to the linings.

@danger - you just have to wait and see. Mention to your hygienist that u have never flossed and maybe you can have closer checks done to make sure nothing is wrong. You have to try not to focus so hard on one thing because you expose yourself to depression like that. Try to make a list of things you havent yet tried, actually write them down. Keep researching, find good resources that describe the causes of BB.
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

H,
Have you tried Oral B Satin Floss? It's the only kind of floss I was ever able to use when my teeth were tightly spaced (I've since had braces so they are not anymore). I've never heard of interdental brushes before but they seem like a good idea. Whatever works!

Danger,
I think it's a great idea to see a hygienist about flossing. They really are the best teachers as you say. Cheer up, you will get the hang of this!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

C, i was using unwaxed floss for years and almost yanking my teeth out with it, until one day i bought some waxed floss accidentally and wow what a difference that made.. its also got fluoride in it too. I think unwaxed does a better job at cleaning because its more absorbtive (i cant spell it) and feels more abrasive when you pass it through - if you can get it between your teeth that is. My brother has these little brush things which look like miniature brushes you use to clean out bottles with. But I cant get them in, but if anyone can I think they are good. I think he has an electric battery vibrator thing :oops: which you attach them to.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic