Your Email Address:

First Name:

please, i need some ideas

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hey, good to hear it went so well. I'm really sorry but I looked for the photos this morning and cant remember where I stored them, but I'll keep looking and i'm bound to find them eventually and I'll email when I do. I reactivated my halitosisux email address so it will come from that.

My buried tooth is also just like that.. shocking to see such a deformity you werent even aware of isnt it.

Try not to pin all your hope on this, look at it as a process of elimination, that through trial and error you are working towards finding the answer. I doubt that there's a single person on here who can say they've eliminated every single possibility.

Your wisdoms are in a position that requires their removal, so you neednt worry about anything preventing that.

danger
Master

Post by danger »

thanks sux but i am feeling a bit down again now. the reason being:

i just tried to floss with these interdental sticks i was giving and in a couple of teeth not near my wisdom teeth, where i thought the smell was originating from, the smell on the floss was the same that was near my wisdom teeth and nearly as bad. can the smell that originates from the wisdom teeth get stuck in between other teeth as well?
did that happen to you? i am beginning to wonder if i should get all 4 wisdom teeth out, even though my hygienest said the top 2 looked fine

and another couple of questions if you would not mind answering sux

1-when you had bad breath did you still floss every day? what was the smell like on your non wisdom teeth when you flossed?

2-do you floss every day now? and is the smell you get now from your other teeth the same as when you have bad breath? if the answer is no, how does your breath and taste in your mouth feel if you dont floss for a few days?

also, did you have to pay to get your wisdom teeth out?

sorry if my questions dont really make much sense but i am beginning to feel down again
these last few days have been such a roller coaster for me especially, up and down

the taste in my mouth is horrible again at the moment about an hour after flossing

i just want this sorted ](*,)

sorry for the rant
dragonbreath

Post by dragonbreath »

Danger: You may want to try this daily flosser:
http://www.amazon.com/Reach-Flosser-Dis ... 192&sr=8-2

You can find it at any drug store. It makes flossing a breeze. I use this along with the interdental floss at least twice a day.
You may want to get a deep teeth cleaning with your dentist. A lot of crap is trapped deep inside your gum where a regular cleaning would not help.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

If you can understand the concept of how the anaerobic bacteria which are generally behind most cases of oral BB are possibly having an orgy around your wisdom teeth back there it will make sense to you. Normally, saliva, which is rich in oxygen, will keep anaerobic bacteria and their subsequent activity low enough so that they dont cause BB - as happens in a healthy mouth - and as does not happen during mouth dryness or during sleep when saliva flow all but ceases to flow.

The foul discharge from those teeth will infest your whole mouth out, mostly by getting absorbed into the tongue surface, which then gets swooshed around by your saliva, which is why most people in this situation will have saliva that also smells.

Also, debris and bacteria which gets trapped between the small anaerobic spaces between teeth will do exactly the same thing as is happening around your wisdom teeth.

So dont feel bad, this is exactly what was happening in my case, and may also be exactly what is happening in yous too.

I still get flossing odours if debris get trapped for a while, but not quite as bad as before, so maybe some of the odours actually came from the dishcharge from my wisdom tooth as you suspected it might.

Like you, I wasnt able to properly floss my wisdom tooth because it was jammed into the back, and the smell was oozing out of the gum that was packed around the tooth, not from tooth gaps.

I now take the best care I possibly can, including daily flossing.

I dont think if I didnt floss for a few days it would affect my breath much, but if it started causing gum problems (as lack of flossing tends to eventually contibute towards) then it probably would start smelling.

Yes I paid to have that tooth out - Once I decided to have the tooth out I wanted it out immediately. I could have waited a bit and had it done for free, but just like with my tonsillectomy I couldnt wait.

Your questions make a lot of sense, and talking and questioning is what the forum is for!
danger
Master

Post by danger »

dragonbreath wrote:Danger: You may want to try this daily flosser:
http://www.amazon.com/Reach-Flosser-Dis ... 192&sr=8-2

You can find it at any drug store. It makes flossing a breeze. I use this along with the interdental floss at least twice a day.
You may want to get a deep teeth cleaning with your dentist. A lot of crap is trapped deep inside your gum where a regular cleaning would not help.
thanks for the info, i will try and have a look for it

i got a deep teeth cleaning in march from my hygienest, but i still had the horrible taste in my mouth after. i guess they couldnt deep clean my impacted wisdom teeth though so that is giving me hope
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:If you can understand the concept of how the anaerobic bacteria which are generally behind most cases of oral BB are possibly having an orgy around your wisdom teeth back there it will make sense to you. Normally, saliva, which is rich in oxygen, will keep anaerobic bacteria and their subsequent activity low enough so that they dont cause BB - as happens in a healthy mouth - and as does not happen during mouth dryness or during sleep when saliva flow all but ceases to flow.

The foul discharge from those teeth will infest your whole mouth out, mostly by getting absorbed into the tongue surface, which then gets swooshed around by your saliva, which is why most people in this situation will have saliva that also smells.

Also, debris and bacteria which gets trapped between the small anaerobic spaces between teeth will do exactly the same thing as is happening around your wisdom teeth.

So dont feel bad, this is exactly what was happening in my case, and may also be exactly what is happening in yous too.

I still get flossing odours if debris get trapped for a while, but not quite as bad as before, so maybe some of the odours actually came from the dishcharge from my wisdom tooth as you suspected it might.

Like you, I wasnt able to properly floss my wisdom tooth because it was jammed into the back, and the smell was oozing out of the gum that was packed around the tooth, not from tooth gaps.

I now take the best care I possibly can, including daily flossing.

I dont think if I didnt floss for a few days it would affect my breath much, but if it started causing gum problems (as lack of flossing tends to eventually contibute towards) then it probably would start smelling.

Yes I paid to have that tooth out - Once I decided to have the tooth out I wanted it out immediately. I could have waited a bit and had it done for free, but just like with my tonsillectomy I couldnt wait.

Your questions make a lot of sense, and talking and questioning is what the forum is for!
you always seem to talk alot of sense sux, that is why i am always bombarding you with questions

the thing about flossing is, when i used my dental floss i dont really smell much around my non wisdom teeth, maybe a little smell but nothing bad, mainly i just smell the minty dental floss. it is when i used the interdental sticks between a couple of other teeth that i smelt a similar smell that i get from my wisdom teeth

if i am right from reading your previous posts did you get your tooth out about a week after seeing your dentist? i was hoping that would be what i could do, but now i see you paid to get yours out quicker. i was prepared to pay cuz i thought i would have to anyway, but now i have been told i can get it done for free, i would prefer that. i just dont want to be waiting for ages
how much did you pay?

i also have some other questions for you sux from your time with BB

1-did you ever get like stomach pains any time during your time with BB?
i always remember between about july and december last year, about 3 times i got really bad stomach pains that lasted for about 10 minutes and then just disappreared. i dont know whether they are connected to be my BB, but since i became aware of my BB and a rotten taste in my mouth i have never had them pains. the only thing i could think of is i was swallowing the horrible stuff from around my wisdom teeth without really noticing and it was giving me stomach pain

2-did you ever like swallow and taste your BB? and was it sometimes a bit sticky at times?

3-my mouth seems to taste more horrible these last few days than normal. but one thing that i have not been doing for a week or so is drinking alot of pineapple juice, drinking loads of water and eating quite alot of fruit. i still had a bad taste in my mouth even after eating and drinking those things but not as bad as it has been since i stopped. i suppose this is similar to the meal thing we discussed the other day but did you ever notice that after drinking lots of water or eating lots of fruit that the taste in your mouth was a bit more bearable?

sorry if i am annoying you with a load of questions every day but i am just trying to gather if we have/had similar signs and symptoms

thanks in advance
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi, I cannot find those pictures but if they turn up then I'll let you know. I think I might have deleted them because I knew the clearest picture was saved in my email account, but that got wiped out by yahoo.

As I said previously, If you happen to have sections where debris can become trapped then the foulness from other areas can cause this debris to smell. This is precisely the mechanism which must have been allowing my tongue to smell bad, and this isnt just me guessing, because as soon as this tooth came out my tongue never again smelled like it used to. So in other words, between the teeth can smell either due to bacterial putrification of that debris, or by the odour from elsewhere which is infesting your whole mouth to also infest any trapped debris. I also believe this may be the mechanism by which tonsils smell and stones form inside them - But because my tonsils came out first i'll never know in my own case.

When you get one tooth which stinks and one which doesnt, the contrast makes you feel as though there must be something wrong between that tooth. But that isnt necessarily true, it just depends how good the trap is and the chance trapping of food there - its almost a random thing. Dont forget that if your tongue smells bad, then wherever the tongue tends to scrape against teeth, its going to scrape off all the odour and dead cells etc from the tongue surface and force them into the crevices.

Regarding my extraction, I said I needed the tooth out urgently because I had to travel. Once I made my mind up to remove it I wasnt thinking of the increasing debt on my visa card, I just threw myself in - the cost was roughly £150 - remember though that my tooth was almost like any other, but just jammed into the back like yours. You'll definitely need to have the horizontally impacted one out in hospital, as I too shall also get round to doing eventually.

I dont think you'll have to wait for all that long on the NHS to have this done - whole process about 2 to 3 months depending on your area. From your description of your teeth, I think you'll have no choice anyway, other than to have it done in hospital.

I also experienced stomach pains. I went through a few years of having the symptoms of stomach ulcer, but It just seemed to fade a few years ago. My history is becoming a bit of a blur now tho, cos I also had helicobacter therapy for but I cant remember if the pain was before or after this. Halitosis was always my priority to deal with, even if my arm was hanging off. On what you said, I dont think BB like we're describing causes stomach ache, but maybe stomach ache could relate to something that causes BB. We could sit here speculating all day long - the only way to find out is to deal with these teeth you are suspecting.

And what you said about food/drink, eating an apple for example will clean your mouth out very effectively. Lots of water will keep your mouth moist and keep your saliva flowing. Certain protein rich foods/drink like milk are perfect food for oral bacteria and will tend to make your breath worse, but probably not by much - its more the shit taste you'll end up with that gives the impression its got worse.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

sux, you make alot of good points, you obviously done alot of research when you were trying to find your cure

i am trying to go through all old threads on here where impacted wisdom teeth were the topic
so far i have seen a few people cured by it

yourself,cured,humble and 1 or 2 others so it gives me hope

one thing i have seen alot on here though is that people always say they notice alot of people sneezing,rubbing their nose etc when they are around people

did you notice that with you? because i have not really. all i have had is 2 or 3 people who i know wouldnt lie tell me that my breath basically stinks of shit
though to be fair, over the time i have had bad breath i have tried my hardest not to be in many close situations with people

i am thankful in a way that this problem has happened at a time when i was not in education and i have not had a job. i dont know if i could be in close contact with people every day feeling like this. i would have to just eat fruit constantly and drink loads of water every hour to just get by

sux, i really admire how you went through this for 22 years, i have had this for less than a year and it really has been the most depressing time of my life
it has only been less than a year but i find it hard to remember when i never used to worry about my breath or have a constant bad feeling in my mouth. i cant imagine what it would be like not to have this taste in my mouth
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi, no I never had that sneezing coughing issue.
I also avoided anyone being subjected to my BB, by eating and drinking almost constantly and chewing gum and eating sweets etc - even smoking would you believe.

I think its very different for those who have BB coming out of the nose and those who dont. I think if I had BB that I knew was coming from the nose I'd have become a lot more paranoid and im not saying that all the sneezing and coughing etc is paranoia, but it might be, or at least a very big part of it.
Maybe if someone's odour is so bad it will induce some general subconscious reactions of sniffling, but yet I've known people with HORRENDOUS breath who dont even know about it, and talking right into people's faces and because that person still has a lot of confidence etc others just put up with it and dont even flinch. Its just my thoughts though, I might be wrong, there may be something that triggers allerygy-like responses in others. But the way people say that the moment they walk into a room fits of coughing and sneezing and rubbing and god knows what else - if you just observe any gathering of people they are ALWAYS doing this - just listen to a quiet audience of people and all you can hear is their spluttering and coughing, but if you have become paranoid then you're susceptible to attribute this to yourself if you were there. I've also never known of anyone who can trigger this kind of thing and I work in a small office space where new people come and go constantly.
BB causes such numbness that time just becomes a blur, you become your BB and you just live in hope - I always felt there had to be a simple reason and that's what kept me going because I always knew I'd find it out eventually if I kept trying - the last few years I knew about my tooth but I was just not able to take the steps towards finding out incase it failed - tonsillecomy failure REALLY hit me hard. And prior to that I'd gone through every single possibility.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:Hi, no I never had that sneezing coughing issue.
I also avoided anyone being subjected to my BB, by eating and drinking almost constantly and chewing gum and eating sweets etc - even smoking would you believe.

I think its very different for those who have BB coming out of the nose and those who dont. I think if I had BB that I knew was coming from the nose I'd have become a lot more paranoid and im not saying that all the sneezing and coughing etc is paranoia, but it might be, or at least a very big part of it.
Maybe if someone's odour is so bad it will induce some general subconscious reactions of sniffling, but yet I've known people with HORRENDOUS breath who dont even know about it, and talking right into people's faces and because that person still has a lot of confidence etc others just put up with it and dont even flinch. Its just my thoughts though, I might be wrong, there may be something that triggers allerygy-like responses in others. But the way people say that the moment they walk into a room fits of coughing and sneezing and rubbing and god knows what else - if you just observe any gathering of people they are ALWAYS doing this - just listen to a quiet audience of people and all you can hear is their spluttering and coughing, but if you have become paranoid then you're susceptible to attribute this to yourself if you were there. I've also never known of anyone who can trigger this kind of thing and I work in a small office space where new people come and go constantly.
BB causes such numbness that time just becomes a blur, you become your BB and you just live in hope - I always felt there had to be a simple reason and that's what kept me going because I always knew I'd find it out eventually if I kept trying - the last few years I knew about my tooth but I was just not able to take the steps towards finding out incase it failed - tonsillecomy failure REALLY hit me hard. And prior to that I'd gone through every single possibility.
i am 99% sure i dont have nose odour, though i have never had the guts to confirm this with anybody. the times where i have been told my breath stinks is when i have been talking to somebody, another reason why i am hopeful it is these teeth and not a sinus problem.

how long after your extraction did you know for sure that your bad breath had gone? and do you ever get paranoid when you get an odd taste in your mouth these days? or do you never even get a sniff of a bad smell anymore?

i seem to be getting a worse smell from my tooth that is more visible lately than the one that is nearly buried, i thought it would be the other way round. i am going to tell my dentist that both my lower teeth are causing me alot of physical pain anyway, so both will come out to be on the safe side

i saw cured got all his wisdom teeth out even though it was mainly his lower 2 that were the problem. do you think i should? and would the dentist deny me considering my upper 2 wisdom teeth seem to have come through well

and one final point on flossing, i seem to be finding dental floss a bit easier to use now, still a couple of teeth that are a bit of a pain to get to though.

when you floss, do you just go between each tooth with 1 clean, or do you clean each side of every tooth?
i hope that makes sense
why me?

Water Pik

Post by why me? »

Hello Danger,

I've been reading your post's and would suggest purchasing a waterpik. You fill it w/ warm-hot water and to caps full of Hydrogen peroxide. This will not only get into the pockets of your gums that are hard to reach (flossing can't reach), but will brighten/whiten your teeth. I have attached a link to give you a picture of what the waterpik looks like. Don't know where you're located, but you should be able to pick up this item in any grocery store, cvs or walgreens.

http://www.waterpik-store.com/index.asp

I paid around $30 for it and it has done wonders. My bb problem is different from yours and when I tried this method, I was bb free for about 2 months, then my bb came back. I don't want to discourage you, but this may actually assist with your problem. It does wonders and you will actually see the debris come out of your gums that you can't see in the mirror. It's a jet stream of water that actually reaches deep inside the gum pockets. Give it a week or so. I use it in the a.m. and p.m. First floss, the waterpik and then brush teeth.
danger
Master

Re: Water Pik

Post by danger »

why me? wrote:Hello Danger,

I've been reading your post's and would suggest purchasing a waterpik. You fill it w/ warm-hot water and to caps full of Hydrogen peroxide. This will not only get into the pockets of your gums that are hard to reach (flossing can't reach), but will brighten/whiten your teeth. I have attached a link to give you a picture of what the waterpik looks like. Don't know where you're located, but you should be able to pick up this item in any grocery store, cvs or walgreens.

http://www.waterpik-store.com/index.asp

I paid around $30 for it and it has done wonders. My bb problem is different from yours and when I tried this method, I was bb free for about 2 months, then my bb came back. I don't want to discourage you, but this may actually assist with your problem. It does wonders and you will actually see the debris come out of your gums that you can't see in the mirror. It's a jet stream of water that actually reaches deep inside the gum pockets. Give it a week or so. I use it in the a.m. and p.m. First floss, the waterpik and then brush teeth.
why me, thanks for the hint
it certainly looks like it should do a better job considering the price compared to normal floss
if, please god, it is my wisdom teeth then i still plan to start flossing every day, so i might try and buy something like this

what do you mean your BB is different to mine? i am still not sure exactly what my BB is related to
what is the situation with your BB?

ps- i should also point out that my teeth are whiter than just about everyone i know
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I was specifically told that I dont have odour coming from my nose. As soon as that tooth came out, as soon as it settled down and the blood and guts cleaned up I knew it was it. My mouth is normal as far as normal goes and if I ever develop BB again for another reason i'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it like any other obstacle. I dont get paranoid. I know I dont have any reason to have BB and if i do from time to time or in the morning I just couldnt care less.

If I were you I'd focus on the teeth that produce odour for now. And besides, uppers and lowers are not usually all removed at the same time.

When I floss I just pass a clean piece of floss between each of the teeth.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:I was specifically told that I dont have odour coming from my nose. As soon as that tooth came out, as soon as it settled down and the blood and guts cleaned up I knew it was it. My mouth is normal as far as normal goes and if I ever develop BB again for another reason i'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it like any other obstacle. I dont get paranoid. I know I dont have any reason to have BB and if i do from time to time or in the morning I just couldnt care less.

If I were you I'd focus on the teeth that produce odour for now. And besides, uppers and lowers are not usually all removed at the same time.

When I floss I just pass a clean piece of floss between each of the teeth.
how long after your tooth came out did everything heal up? the bad taste? the physical pain from the op? the blood? the bruising?

do you use dental floss or dental tape? or are they basically the same?

i was giving a floss recommended by my dentist the other day but it does not say on it whether it is waxed or unwaxed
i saw some waxed dental tape yesterday which is for teeth with not much space between them, i might start using that

also, after going through some old threads earlier, i notice you said if it was your wisdom tooth causing the bad breath you would sue your dentists who ignored it, im not sure if you were joking at the time or not but did you do anything like that in the end?
why me?

Post by why me? »

Well, to answer your question, I wasn't sure all the stuff you were/are scraping off your teeth is due to plaque/tarter, but if you're teeth are white, you shouldn't have problems with plague/tarter build up. My teeth haven't been this white...ever, since using the waterpik! I go see a perio 4 times a year and they scrape the hell out of my gums and teeth due to massive plague build up, but since I've been using the waterpik (since March of this year), my perio has noticed better pockets and less plaque, so my visits aren't as long. I went today for an appt. and they lowered my visits to 3 times a year. If you believe your bb stems from your wisdom or build up of tarter, the waterpik is 10x's more sufficient than flossing, but don't stop flossing. Hopefully it's your wisdom teeth and having them removed will solve your bb problem. Even though I still use the waterpik and go to my perio appts. faithfully, I am still dealing with bb.

For me, my bb I believe (after 8 yrs. of trying different teeth/breath/mouth solutions) stems from Candida. I've done research and taken the Candida home saliva test (came out positive) and the questionairre's on the websites (checked off most symptoms). I've tried every breath solution you can think of and have invested tons of $$$$$ in these products. After reading threads on this site, every new solution I would try would work for about a day or 2, but then my bb came back even worse. I am now trying to eliminate certain foods such as dairy, mushrooms, bread with enriched flours, pastas, sugars, dt. sodas, artificial sweetners and other substances that may trigger my Candida symptoms. I am taking a Candida cleanse along with Acidolphus. I may try taking Golden seal to see if this enhances with fighting the fungus bacteria. I'm not certain my bb is gone, but physically I feel better. BB is just one of the symptoms of Candida, but I know it will take a while to kill off/control this bacteria. Curing this disease takes some patience. I would love to have an overnight cure, but it's not going to happen, therefore, a lot of people don't like to diagnose themselves with this possibility for their bb because it takes a while to see results and restricts u from bad eating habits and drinking alcohol...uuuuggggghhhhh! :( But I'm willling to do what I need to to feel better. Hopefully this will help my bb because I'm running out of causes! Dr.'s, dentist's and ENT's can't seem to assist me with my problem, so I'm trying to do as much research that I can to find a cure.

Good Luck![/quote]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic