Your Email Address:

First Name:

please, i need some ideas

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
danger
Master

Post by danger »

i have been doctors twice about this and they are utterly clueless, one even told me to try a mouthwash. he probably was not much older than me, i felt like smacking him

this forum has been 100 times more helpful than any doctor

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It healed up really quickly, no complications, and within days the healing/blood etc wore off and I knew the bad taste was gone. It went smoothly - remember this was just a standard extraction for me.

Never used dental tape, not even sure what that is. And yes waxed is much easier if ur teeth are crowded.

I'm sure dentists are smart enough to cover themselves against these situations. I'd never be able to prove any of it. One of my dentists did tell me yearsss ago I needed to have them out soon too.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

since i started mucking around with my 2 lower wisdom teeth the taste in my mouth is possibly as bad as it has ever been. it is like i am pushing more shit into my mouth while i am rubbing the teeth with my fingers

after today i am going to stop touching my teeth. eat 5 pieces of fruit a day, drink loads of water and scrape my tongue twice a day. when i have done these things is when my mouth can be as fresh as possible

i have a couple of social situations coming up quite soon, which i am sure will be before my extractions. i am not looking forward to them one bit

the thing is though, as strange as this might sound to some on here, the few times that i have been least worried/concerned about my breath in the last year is when i am in a pub drinking

i am not sure if the drink like masked my usual shitty smell and my mouth didnt taste so bad or it was just that when you are drinking you just dont really think about it and you just get on with drinking

it is like alcohol improves my breath, which i am sure cant be possible for anybody
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

danger , I noticed once when I drank some reallyy strong alcohol once, the next mornig the alcohol had burnt my tongue, and it was back to pink
I also noticed this happened another time when for about 5 days straight I was eating salt and vinegar chips. I mainly chew on 1 side, and that whole side was pink again, like the salt and vineger had burnt all the bad bacteria
danger
Master

Post by danger »

i do remember a few months ago though that i had been drinking for a few hours and when i got home and looked in the mirror, my tongue was even whiter than normal

i got my scraper and the white stuff scraped off,this was at a time though when i was 99.9% positive my breath was because of my tongue and i thought it was the actual coating making my breath stink. im sure even normal people would get a while tongue from drinking alchol for a few hours though
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

hey danger, its been good talking to you because our symptoms seem so related compared to what i've noticed with most people's. Just like you said, the only time I could ever behave normally was when i was either eating something or drinking alcohol. If i drank too much and caused dehydration then obviously i'd suffer the consequences, but at the time a sip of spirits was like having just brushed my teeth and used powerful mouthwash. As though it was washing away the skank in my mouth.

Also, danger, while i still had that tooth in, just a few weeks before i had the tooth out and I was seriously beginning to contemplate having the tooth out, i tried to consciously keep that whole wisdom tooth area clean using my tongue and as much saliva as i could and for the first time i could remember my mouth started to sustain some fresh feeling and my tongue stopped smelling. I'd have to ensure that the skank i was cleaning away was being effectively swallowed with watery saliva. Try it yourself and see what happens.
This positive effect is what made me LEAP to have the tooth extracted, i had so much trouble convincing myself until this point.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:hey danger, its been good talking to you because our symptoms seem so related compared to what i've noticed with most people's. Just like you said, the only time I could ever behave normally was when i was either eating something or drinking alcohol. If i drank too much and caused dehydration then obviously i'd suffer the consequences, but at the time a sip of spirits was like having just brushed my teeth and used powerful mouthwash. As though it was washing away the skank in my mouth.

Also, danger, while i still had that tooth in, just a few weeks before i had the tooth out and I was seriously beginning to contemplate having the tooth out, i tried to consciously keep that whole wisdom tooth area clean using my tongue and as much saliva as i could and for the first time i could remember my mouth started to sustain some fresh feeling and my tongue stopped smelling. I'd have to ensure that the skank i was cleaning away was being effectively swallowed with watery saliva. Try it yourself and see what happens.
This positive effect is what made me LEAP to have the tooth extracted, i had so much trouble convincing myself until this point.
sux, it has been good to hear your experiences as well, it really has helped in giving me hope that this hell will be over soon

my hygienest the other day did tell me to use a different toothbrush and dip into some sort of mouthwash(cant quite remember the name) every day or 2 on the wisdom teeth causing the problem. i might give that a try.

and yeah, i started drinking cider in the pub instead of lager, this seemed to freshen my breath up a bit and i didnt really think about it while in the pub

sux, do you think i should make it physical pain on my wisdom teeth as the main reason wanting them extracted instead of the rotten taste?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Why not say its both pain and rotten taste/breath. Just remember that an impacted wisdom tooth is justification enough for its removal, for the potential future problems alone that this is likely to avoid.

[edit] sorry for wording that like an idiot, im in bed with flu
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:Why not say its both pain and rotten taste/breath. Just remember that an impacted wisdom tooth is justification enough for its removal, for the potential future problems alone that this is likely to avoid.

[edit] sorry for wording that like an idiot, im in bed with flu
that is what i will do

i told him in march about the rotten taste and he told me to gargle with warm salty water and that should get rid of it
i am going to say it has started getting really painful in the last couple of months on both lower wisdom teeth

i am so pissed off with him though that when i told him last time that he could not see it could be because of those wisdom teeth

either way, after this has been sorted out, whether it cures me or not, i am changing dentist

sorry about you having flu, look on the bright side though, you could still have bad breath
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I think I probably have at the moment, throat is killing me
BerryKiwi
Total Newbie

Acidophilus probiotic capsules

Post by BerryKiwi »

Danger, I would like to recommend you try Acidophilus probiotic capsules. I posted about how it helped me after years of bb. Take it in the morning after breakfast and then brush your teeth really well as you usually do.
I noticed not just a little change, but I did not have bad breath at all the entire day and ever since. I got a bottle of Acidophilus probiotic supplement by Origins at Target. They cost $4 for 60 pills., not much to lose and worth a try. Do your own research online so that you can be sure of what it is. My best wishes!
:D
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

danger have you tried chlorhexidine mouthwash, its prescribed from doc or dentist, its helping me alot.
And yes if I drink somrthing light like beer my tongue turns super white.
But like halitossisux said if you drink something stronger it slike mouthwash. I dont usually rdrink strong alcohol , but the 1 time it did it burnt the bacteria right off
God I cant imagine what it burns in the insisdes though
danger
Master

Post by danger »

kity and kiwi, thanks for the suggestions

i might look into these if nothing happens with these wisdom teeth. for now though all my focus is on these

wednesday is taking an age to arrive it seems. you shouldnt waste your life away but i wish i could skip to wednesday right now and at least know that i am getting these teeth extracted for sure
danger
Master

Post by danger »

hey sux

you say that when you got your tooth out your tongue just stopped smelling without you even brushing or scraping it

this probably sounds like a stupid question but how can getting rid of the problem wisdom tooth get rid of the crappy bacteria that has obviously gathered alot on your tongue?

you say that you stopped brushing and scraping when you had bad breath because there was no point doing it

i can only assume that once the crap that is on the tongue gets rid of through eating and more importantly drinking, that the tooth just starts filling up the tongue again with shit. would that be right?

i know you will be able to understand it better and word it better

it is just that even if i get this tooth removed, i just cant think how my tongue will be clean, it constantly stinks
danger
Master

Post by danger »

does anybody know if you can keep the scan pic that the dentist has?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic