Your Email Address:

First Name:

Substance in Cranberry Juice

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
TeamZissou
Advanced

Substance in Cranberry Juice

Post by TeamZissou »

I drank a lot of cranberry juice over the past few days and noticed a pretty significant reduction in my BB during that time. It was pretty much the only thing I drank (and the only thing I had in the apartment). It wasn't a cure, but it was pretty significant. Maybe a 40-50% reduction.

Cranberries contain a compound called Tannins, that alter certain bacteria and inhibit them from forming biofilms. This has only been studied with regards to urinary tract infections, but if it works in this manner for one area, why not another?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... ct_as.html

Here's a recent article describing this.

Anyone drink a lot of cranberry juice?

wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

teamzissou,

OMG! you are totally right about that, that is true, I didn't have time to eat my breakfast today so cranberry juice was the only thing i had until 4pm and omg, its really scary but I didn't have bb! it didn't cure it 100% but 99 % of the reactions was gone. SO WEIRD :shock:

I decided to do a google search on it after work, but found ur post. we should definitely do more research on this one.
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

This is old stuff, however it didnt work for 100% of users, infact it made my BB worse. I love it though, im drinking it right now :)
One Day One Day....
bhd

Post by bhd »

wat kind of cranberry juice? oceanspray?
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

Ye, oceonspray.
One Day One Day....
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

I'm not sure iv ever drank cranberry juice. I'm diagnosed With tmau2 and this is apparently low in choline. I'll definitely give it a go....
crazy4it
Advanced
Post by crazy4it »

Mr chips it's been a long time where have u been the last I heard if u was the inter dental flosses
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Yes, iv only recently began visiting this site again.
I was diagnosed with TMAU (secondary) in the summer of 2014.
If I keep to a low choline diet and take certain supplements I can keep bad breath relatively under control.

It's still good to visit this site tho, everything helps.
Cranberry juice is fairly low in choline, I like it and if it helps in any way, I'll continue to drink it.

As for the interdental floss brushes, I still use them, but they wasn't a cure. I .think I thought they was at the time. I do recommend people using them tho
deebo

tannins

Post by deebo »

Yeah I noticed this in Tea too . the tannins seem to make the mouth feel fresher . They sell tannin bulk powder . ..Hmm i wonder ..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic