Your Email Address:

First Name:

Still not cured...soon to meet someone!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
why me?

Still not cured...soon to meet someone!

Post by why me? »

Hello,

I ran across this site that haas some remedies for BB. Don't know if they work, but they seem to relate to some of the most recent posts on here.

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/breath.html

I was going to try some of them. I think I have the Type 2 halitosis. I drink water and can taste a metallic tast in the back of my throat. I have white think coating. When I sneeze, I taste the same metallic taste. At times, I feel like I have a sweet/fruity odor. I'm trying to avoid all dairy products and have been taking probiotics. Still nothing seems to be working. I'm thinking of trying the yeast remedy and coconut oil. I've had a lot of mucus drainage lately and don't know if this is the cause or a contributing factor.

I met this guy who is from out of State and will be coming down to visit. I would like to have some kind of reassurance of not having BB breath. I keep thinkg to myself if we can like each other before meeting, then he will "overlook" my bb problem. But I don't want to have to deal w/ this problem anymore.

Any advice would be appreciated. I will post my results after trying a few different remedies.

mitc

Post by mitc »

I've tryed that site but it didn't work, I found an excellent sit for bb called oraltech Labs hope this helps
why me?

ADV/sea salt

Post by why me? »

I've been using 1 pt. ACV (apple cider viniger) and 1 pt warm water (1/4 c. each) in the a.m., First I use the water pik and regular toothe past for brushing. After using the ACV/water solution i sprinkle sea salt on my toothe brush and brush off my tongue as far back as possible. Some of the white stuff comes off, but not sure if this is helping. I can't really smell my own breath, but I had a social event this weekend and didn't have much reactions. Kept sugar free gum in my mouth the whole and didn't drink/eat anything except for water. Noticed more mucus than usual in the back of my throat. I live in Texas, a lot of mold and pollen in the air, so sinus is acting up, but can taste metallic taste in the back of my throat. May try the yeast on tongue. When I was able to successfully have a pinkish tongue, no bb. I wake up every morning to thick whitish coating on tongue.
why me?

New solutions...

Post by why me? »

Well, the ACV didn't last long. After using sea salt to clean my tongue, I have no feeling in it. Although the sea salt did seem to help (used as mouth wash also), the white coating is still there. I bought zinc gluconate (50 mg) and crushed one pill and placed on tongue. Made smell worse. Dried out my mouth and have stronger bb odor (amonia odor).

Going to try Caprylic acid and see what happens. I have a lot of PND and was thinking of investing in a nose irrigator. Will keep you posted on what works and what doesn't. Still use water pik w/ hydrogen peroxide and colgate toothepast.

Not going to give up hope. Have to find a solution. Still trying to cut back on dairy and sugar products. Notice when I eat sugar, my breath gets worse and when I eat dairy products, my mucus gets thicker in the back of my throat.
why me?

New solutions...

Post by why me? »

Well, the ACV didn't last long. After using sea salt to clean my tongue, I have no feeling in it. Although the sea salt did seem to help (used as mouth wash also), the white coating is still there. I bought zinc gluconate (50 mg) and crushed one pill and placed on tongue. Made smell worse. Dried out my mouth and have stronger bb odor (amonia odor).

Going to try Caprylic acid and see what happens. I have a lot of PND and was thinking of investing in a nose irrigator. Will keep you posted on what works and what doesn't. Still use water pik w/ hydrogen peroxide and colgate toothepast.

Not going to give up hope. Have to find a solution. Still trying to cut back on dairy and sugar products. Notice when I eat sugar, my breath gets worse and when I eat dairy products, my mucus gets thicker in the back of my throat.
why me?

Bought mouthwash w/zinc

Post by why me? »

I went to a wholefood store last night to find Caprylic acid and had no luck. I found a mouth wash called Vita-Myrr which contains zinc (picolinate?), folic acid, clove oil and myrrh oil. Tried it last night and my breath felt a little different. Asked my son if he could smell my bb and he said no, but I don't know if I can rely on him or not. He's probably tired of me asking and just says yes to shut me up! :roll: I did see the jar of CVO and hesitated to purchase it. I may go back tonight and try it. I've gotten mixed reactions today from co-workers, so I don't know how well this mouthwash is working. It says to rinse 2-3 times daily. Going to rinse in a few. I stopped using the crushed zinc on my tongue. It really dried out my mouth and enhanced the metallic taste.

I've been doing some research on Skatole and Methyl Mercaptan. My breath smells like feces. I know because people have made outloud comments about "smelling poop". Don't know if the same smell comes from my nose passages, but I do know I have an amonia/metallic taste on the back of my tongue and I constantly have a white coating on the far back. Like I've said before, it gets worse with sugar and dairy. I avoid alcohol because it reallllllyyyyy smells! I've had one month worth of free breath w/ the water pik and hydrogen peroxide, but it came back horrible. I also noticed when I used the periodontal toothepast/wash from Dr. Katz, it worked for a couple of days ONLY!!! ](*,) When I do different treatments for my gums, it works temporarily. When I try treatments for internal cleansing/candida, nothing is accomplished. Soooooo...I'm starting to think my bb has to deal w/ yrs. of neglect w/ my gums (perio). After researching Skatole and Methyl Mercaptan, they contribute to halitosis due to gum/perio/intestinal.

If anyone has any knowledge on these gas contributors, please let me know.
why me?

Mouthwash

Post by why me? »

I noticed when I used the mouthwash, it makes my tongue less white and more pinkish. I can't smell the bb. I usually smell my bb when I speak to certain people and so I purposely spoke to them at a closer distance yesterday and couldn't smell anything. Later that night, I could feel my mouth drying out and then when I was speaking to someone, I could smell the bb. I'm guessing this mouthwash is working (for now), but it's not a permenant solution.

Going to observe reactions today from coworkers. My tongue still pinkish after eating breakfast :-k . I don't have an amonia/metallic taste on the back of my tongue, but I can feel dranage in the back of my throat. I've noticed in the past when my tongue is pink (w/out white coating), my breath is better. Used the mouthwash 3 times yesterday.
trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

that sounds good :D hopefully it works for you at work!
why me?

Update!

Post by why me? »

I've been using the Vita-Myr mouthwash for about a week now and it seems to be doing good. I purschased the toothepaste over the weekend. It has a very strong clover flavor, but if you can tolerate the smell, then you can use these products.

I went to a social event this Saturday and decided to test this out. I chewed gum and drank nothing but water. I spoke with people close up without hesitation. A friend of mine who always puts her finger to her nose when speaking to me was there and so I made her my first victim. She didn't put her finger to her nose, but she did rub the tip of it...don't know if it was because of my bb. Then I sat next to someone who when I speak with, I can really smell my own stinky breath. Not this time. No one really rubbed or put their fingures to their noses like they usually do and we were sitting around a table (close together). The people who sit across from me usually smell it the most. I ate some finger foods on purpose to see if there was any change in my bb and there wasn't. I kept putting gum in my mouth the whole night. I have notice the effects of the mouth wash and toothepaste when I eat (my tongues seems to get more pinkish in color)???? :shock: When i brush in the mornings, after lunch and in the evenings, theres a slight coating on my tongue, until I eat. I'm constantly checking my tongue color. No whitish coating as before. When I get up in the mornings, it's back with a vengance. Brushing the tongue with the mouth wash seems to help keep the white coating from appearing and this seems to keep my bb at bay.

I also smell my bb when I'm around my mom or sister and a few other family members. Well, my sister and I went shopping on Sunday and she was in my car. I couldn't smell anything. We went to eat and I still couldn't smell anything afterwards. She's always chewing gum or offering me a piece of gum, but not this time. Maybe she didn't have any! I have spoken to her about my problem and she just laughs. I think it makes her feel self conscious because she doesn't have dental insurance nor does she bother taking care of her own oral hygeine and she knows she has jacked up teeth. She even said she's surprised she doesn't have bb due to her lack of hygeine. Me too!!!!!!

So, for now, I guess this product is working for me and using these products points to my bb problem stemming from perio. I had my gums shaved around 9 yrs ago and I don't know if this had any effect on my bb. Honestly, I don't think dentists know what they're doing half the time and just try and get you in there for any reasons to take your $$$$. I did have horrible teeth and never really took care of them for about 15 yrs. I smoked and drank all the time and my teeth were lucky if they saw a tooth brush once a day. I'm trying to make some sense to what caused this problem. I know when I don't use this product, my bb comes back.

I too, have used the well known bb washed and products, but this is the first that's shown some progress that contains zinc. If this lasts longer than a month, I will be greatful.

I'll keep you updated!
why me?

Bought Coconut oi

Post by why me? »

Well, my tongue is not staying pink as much and the white coating is coming back as much as possible. I'm starting to get those "reactions" again from people, so I know the mouthwash/toothepaste isn't working like it did the first few days.

I purchased a jar of Coconut oil to see if this will help. I will post my changes/progress/failures later.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic