Your Email Address:

First Name:

Been prescribed with Metronidazole

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
willfindacure

Been prescribed with Metronidazole

Post by willfindacure »

Ive been prescribed with Metronidazole for 5 days period. Just want to ask if i have to take probiotics while taking (or perhaps eat unsweetened yogurt)?
I tested positive for gram positive bacilli by the way. Thanks and God Bless!

caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

It’s a good idea to take probiotics while on antibiotics but you should wait at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after ingesting the antibiotic to take them to ensure the probiotics’ effectiveness. If you take them at the same time, the antibiotic will kill the good bacteria that you want to replenish.
willfindacure

Post by willfindacure »

thanks so much
smellslikedodo

Post by smellslikedodo »

I take probiotics now after doing the metronidazole mouthwash.

I swallow one probiotic capsule whole and then i got some probiotic powder that I hold in my mouth for awhile before i swallow it.

Figure it helps to get the bacteria in my mouth back to normal. Yeah u should wait a couple hours after u take the antibiotic to use the probiotic.
willfindacure

Post by willfindacure »

I have finsihed the metronidazole, unfortunately it didnt improve my bb at all. So i guess, its not really a solution for everybody.
Gooner
Junior

Post by Gooner »

My experience was that i noticed the improvement in the 2nd week of a 14 day course and id now class myself as almost cured. Maybe it wouldnt have worked for you anyway but a 5 day course seems short.
willfindacure

Post by willfindacure »

I dont want to extend my intake as I am not really in the best of health.
But thanks for sharing your experience, I believe that with God's grace, all of us who suffers from this embarassing condition, will be cured.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic