Your Email Address:

First Name:

Ileocecal Valve Syndrome

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

yeah, i'm in! I used one a month or so ago. I'll start with him. ...but does it really 'fix' the valve, or just give temporary relief?

Does anyone know if this syndrome can be diagnosed with a colonoscopy? That's a whole other commitment :shock:
but i'd do it if we then had some hard evidence!

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

potty_mouth wrote:yeah, i'm in! I used one a month or so ago. I'll start with him. ...but does it really 'fix' the valve, or just give temporary relief?

Does anyone know if this syndrome can be diagnosed with a colonoscopy? That's a whole other commitment :shock:
but i'd do it if we then had some hard evidence!
Malory makes it sound as though it's a temporary fix, as if it keeps getting locked.

In any case, if chiropractory (chiropracty? chiropractry? Is there no noun for the practice of it? Because I can't find the right spelling here) truly can treat it by periodic unlockings, shouldn't we be able to acquire the skill and use it on ourselves? We just need to find the sweet spot, right?

Also, I hate to sound like a negative nancy, but I have doubts about chiropractory and how effective it is for.. well... anything.. Does it really do any damn thing? Can anyone attest to it? I'm particularly looking for opinions from my non-god-fearing scientific comrades but I welcome sense and sensibility just the same. if you know about it, tell me how it works.

From my current ignorant perspective, I see chiropractory similar to sticking needles in your face, or palm reading. Educate me, please.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

I have a friend who's husband is a chiropractor. I could send him an email.
However I do NOT want to say, "hey can you help me alleviate my foul breath by telling me how to make this valve work properly!"

I need to educate myself on the syndrome this weekend. I haven't had time to read up on it. If anyone wants to help me word an email to him, that would be nice. I will be back on this string once I read on it.
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

mike987 wrote: Malory makes it sound as though it's a temporary fix, as if it keeps getting locked.

In any case, if chiropractory (chiropracty? chiropractry? Is there no noun for the practice of it? Because I can't find the right spelling here) truly can treat it by periodic unlockings, shouldn't we be able to acquire the skill and use it on ourselves? We just need to find the sweet spot, right?

Also, I hate to sound like a negative nancy, but I have doubts about chiropractory and how effective it is for.. well... anything.. Does it really do any damn thing? Can anyone attest to it? I'm particularly looking for opinions from my non-god-fearing scientific comrades but I welcome sense and sensibility just the same. if you know about it, tell me how it works.

From my current ignorant perspective, I see chiropractory similar to sticking needles in your face, or palm reading. Educate me, please.
Mike, I'm totally a non-god-fearing comrade... I am a Biochemistry graduate who now works in the field of gas chromatography (interestingly, this is how BB compounds are detected, eg halicheck, but i digress). I only ever went to a chiropractor because I had a pain in my spine and it felt like my spine had "locked up" a bit. I wouldn't have gone for any other reason, but if this valve is close enough to the skin that it can be manipulated then there's no reason why it can't be unlocked too. (if the locking up happens in the first place).
However, having looked for more info online about ICV syndrome nearly all of it seems to be from chiropractors which makes me suspicious. But as we all know, just because the medical profession hasn't noticed something doesn't mean it isn't there!
Mindy, it would be good to hear what your friend's husband says. Whatever you say your symptoms are they will be somewhat embarrassing (gas, constipation, diarrhoea). But you could just say you have"symptoms consistent with IBS" and you are looking for a non-pharmaceutical treatment? Anything that gets him to talk about it and tell you how to work it.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I'd like to know what actually happens when these "stuck" valves get opened.

Doesnt make a lot of sense to me, because intestinal contents are either getting past this valve or they're not. If they are then it's not stuck - and if they aren't then you'll soon be dead from intestinal obstruction.

I think it only makes sense from a BB point of view that this valve might not be doing it's job correctly, which is to be able to close effectively enough to keep the two intestinal sections separated and to quite literally prevent shit backing-up into the sections of intestine where there is normally no rotting and no shit odours, by helping to control the passage of intestinal contents in the right direction like a one-way valve.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

fyi, on You Tube Video - if you search Ileocecal Valve Syndrome
there are a number of videos discussing it and some people/doctors perform techniques.
HOWEVER the videos will start playing then stop, which is really aggrevating. Not sure if its my connection or what! If you want to look at them and have more luck than me, great!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Good idea. There's lots of videos on youtube about this.
One guy describes it really well in one of the vids. Apart from some bullshit, the only real problem that gets mentioned with a valve that likes to stay closed is discomfort and gas. But the consequences of a valve that likes to stay open or is incapable of closing properly is quite literally your shit ends up getting into the small intestine. Shit or anything like shit is never supposed to be in that area and as a consequence your body will be absorbing toxins from that shit into your bloodstream and other organs.
I noticed that parasites are mentioned as one of the causes of this valve not closing properly. Parasites can also cause B vitamin deficiency, so if you find that taking extra B vitamins get rid of a coated tongue then there might be a connection.

The only reliable way to rule out parasites is to get tested by a doctor, and then getting the appropriate treatment from the doctor and to get follow-up tests.
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

According to this article the act of squatting forces the valve closed.
http://www.naturesplatform.com/health_benefits.html
How they know this for a fact is not clear but it is totally believable that squatting, as nature intended, takes care of any valves that need to be closed (ileocecal valce) or open (puborectalis muscle) during evacuation.
I'm sure that chiropractors will say we need to visit them to close our IC valves but maybe we just need to squat! A very interesting read anyway.[/url]
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Well I will now be squatting atop my toilet from now on.

Was doing it semi-regularly for a while back, but now that I know it supposedly encourages a properly functioning ileocecal valve, I will be doing it EVERY time.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Question:
Mike/Potty mouth-

Does the article suggest you squat as a general exercise (i.e. on the floor for 5 minutes a few times a day)
or
To squat everytime you use the toilet?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

mindyb wrote:Question:
Mike/Potty mouth-

Does the article suggest you squat as a general exercise (i.e. on the floor for 5 minutes a few times a day)
or
To squat everytime you use the toilet?
Squat every time you use the toilet.
Read the whole thing.. You'll quickly come to understand why there are so many problems related to the sitting, western toilet.

It's all in the physiology of the colon.. We are designed through evolution to evacuate our bowels through the squatting position. Doing so puts many elements in place including closing and opening valves, straightening out the colon in key areas, etc etc..

It's not only what we're not getting from the proper, natural squatting position, there's also untold damage done with the daily act of putting strain and pressure where it shouldn't be. It also turns out that many conditions, such as enlarged prostate and hemorrhoids can actually be reversed once the individual takes up the squatting position, and after a period of 3 months or so, completely healed.

You will be a believer after reading the article.. It's obvious from the physiology of the body (which you'll come to understand in the reading) that sitting toilets are wreaking disaster on the western world (and wherever sitting toilets are becoming the norm)

So it seems like the valve may not be malfunctioning... It's just not closing when it's suppose to... which is when we're shitting. By assuming the squatting position, the right thigh puts pressure on the valve, closing it, while you do your business. This creates a straight poop chute that moves right of of you without strain and prevents any back up.

I recommend EVERYONE here to use the squatting position from here on out. It makes sense that daily abuse to the colon and some daily 'back up' into the small intestine could be letting bad bacteria proliferate where they don't belong. I wouldn't be surprised if many of us with digestion issues find ourselves completely healed in a matter of months with squatting.

Also, you don't want to return to the sitting toilet.. you just won't after reading this. It just causes too much damage to the body over time.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

I'm very intetested in this currently. My foul breath comes from within, not originating in my mouth.
Mike- I really think squatting can help moving forward. But what about treating the overgrowth of bacteria/parasite that probably is exists from the valve being open for so long. I think a supplement or antibiotic would be needed to kill whatever is living in the wrong places, (while squatting can prevent it from moving back and causing odor.)
btw, not to be forward, but do you plan to squat on your toilet lid up or lid down- or some other way??
Here is an aritcle which hit home for me. It recommends alot of diagnostic testing which I'm not sure is necessary if you plan to treat it assuming you're positive you have ICVS.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... in;content
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

mindyb wrote:I'm very intetested in this currently. My foul breath comes from within, not originating in my mouth.
Mike- I really think squatting can help moving forward. But what about treating the overgrowth of bacteria/parasite that probably is exists from the valve being open for so long. I think a supplement or antibiotic would be needed to kill whatever is living in the wrong places, (while squatting can prevent it from moving back and causing odor.)
btw, not to be forward, but do you plan to squat on your toilet lid up or lid down- or some other way??
Here is an aritcle which hit home for me. It recommends alot of diagnostic testing which I'm not sure is necessary if you plan to treat it assuming you're positive you have ICVS.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... in;content
Good article, thanks mindy. Alright, so it's probable that we're suffering from some discomfort or dysfunction from not evacuating our bowels properly all our lives.. But we might also be stricken with the ileocecal valve syndrome..

Whether sitting toilets are responsible for that (As they seem to be for a dozen other digestive system related conditions [including cancer]) I'm not sure, but pooping properly is going to be the first thing we want to do, even if we choose to further explore ileocecal valve syndrome.

Some seats may not handle it well, but I just get my feet up on the toilet, with the seat down (I think there wouldn't be sufficient foot space without it) and just squat down. It's pretty easy. If you're a guy you might need to hold your penis down so your urine doesn't escape the toilet.

I noticed I'm still applying some pressure to release some fecal matter.. bad habits die hard. So I'm going to work on that. Make sure you're in a position where you thighs are pressing up against your tummy, a natural way to evacuate the colon.

As far as having to take antibiotics, I'm not so sure that's even necessary.
My theory is that once one returns to the natural position for bowel evacuation, the body may recover on its own. If bad bacteria aren't normally in there, perhaps removing their source (fecal matter regurgitated into the small intestine) is enough to slowly put balance back into the system..

Supposing we have ileocecal valve syndrome as well, perhaps this daily routine of proper evacuation will help trigger its correct functions and the rest will take care of itself (I'd still recommend probiotics, anti fungals, etc, all the while.. antibiotics might be a little drastic. You know why those are infamous around here, but it might be necessary if digestive bad conditions don't clear up)

I insist you all read the large article. It's broken up into sections based on various conditions and diseases, so sometimes it repeats itself, but they're all clearly connected.. Ladies, you might want to read the section on Child Birth.. Apparently the squat position really makes that a lot easier, and goes a long way to prevent damage in the vaginal areas,also preventing the need for Cesarean section.. Ladies.. I implore you to consider this more natural position for child birth. Hah.. I feel like I've been converted.

For your own sake people, change your toilet habits... Tell your friends.. your family.. your elderly loved ones! It'll save them a lot of grief too! And for crying out loud, please don't set up your children's bodies to ultimately fail by forcing them on that throne.

If you feel too good for the 'hole in the ground' squat toilet (really the problem that started it all in Western civilization) consider putting a toilet like this in your home http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3024/263 ... f9c4d6.jpg.

I know I will if I ever own my own home.

Also.. Maybe our breath issues aren't related at all to the sitting toilet.
Even so, it seems like a good idea for anyone, and every human being alive to begin squatting, as that's how our bodies are made to do the deed.

The modern toilet does not take any consideration for human physiology.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

will keep reading on it & squatting. Keep posting your progress and how its going... no pun intended \:D/

Any thoughts on a good anti-fungal? I read garlic is one, which comes in pill form.
Taking probiotics and B complex currently, would like to add an anti-fungal that does a good job.

My thoughts on the antibiotics are that soooooooooo many people have had a brief success of ridding bb, for it only to come back. Possibly the antibiotics kill the factors causing bb, but still having ICVS going on and still using the bathroom the same way only causes bb to reappear?
Just a thought....
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I was using 'Garden of Life Fungal Defense' a couple months ago. It seemed to get rid of my eczema while using it, or coincided with it receeding for some reason or another.

The eczema was still around, but just barely.. located on the side of one of my fingers..

Then I tried 'Candida Clear'.. within a couple days, the eczema was going crazy, spreading to both sides of the finger, all over the back side of my hand and near the wrist, and yesterday I noticed a small spot on my pinky. I've been using it for more than a week now, and lately even combining it with Garden of Life Fungal defense... I thought it might be die off symptoms, cause it seems to have gotten out of control because of the medication, but it doesn't seem to be dying. It just keeps getting worse. #-o

Not sure what's going on here with that.

Will continue to squat. I don't expect results anytime soon though. My digestion's been messed up for 5 or 6 years. Will continue to do this for the rest of my life and let you guys know how it goes. But yeah, hopefully I start feeling better in a month or two. If the BB went away too, I would be ecstatic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic