Your Email Address:

First Name:

Clara, are you stll here?

Tell us your story with bad breath
Tibya
Advanced

BANA Test strips for testing oral pathogens?

Post by Tibya »

Anybody heard of this?

Here's the link:

http://mizar5.com/bana1.html
https://www.oratec.net/product.asp?product_id=87

Looks like its not expensive to get oral bacteria test for 3 pathogens at home/saliva test.

I searched on this site and couldn't find any link. So if its already discussed, please ignore this and direct me to the older link.

Thanks,

clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

Guys I met my ENT and he told me into my face that I have bad odor coming from my nose, so it is 100% real. no illusion. and I have been on antibiotics again, he also prescribed Zaditen & Nasonex spray. when I finished the antibiotics my smell was gone for a while so I thought I was cured but on Thursday I had sth like an allergy or sinusitis attack that started with a runny nose and today I got reactions again. end of happiness again :(
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

Sorry to hear that, Clara. I'm afraid I'm heading for the same disappointment.

I seem to have a bad sinus infection (pain in the frontal sinus, severe pnd, hoarseness, coughing). After reading lisa's posts elsewhere on this board, I decided tp get antibiotics for this, although I am convinced that my bb comes from my stomach/throat, hoping against all hope that maybe, just maybe there is a chance it will work for the bb.

I actually started using l-glutamine very recently (about three days ago just before starting Augmentin and Metrodinazole yesterday) and immediately felt a bit of an improvement and currently bb is much better. But I am sceptical. I know there is some underlying cause and before I find out what that is, I won't be cured. Just waiting for the full force of it to hit me again. Know I shouldn't be so negative, but I've had so many temporary improvements and subsequent deep disappointments, that I don't allow myself to feel too happy.

The only thing that will cure us permanently is to find the underlying cause, like phantasist said elsewhere.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Clara, was he able to detect odour from your mouth by blocking your nose and smelling the air from your mouth?

If the odour is only coming from your nose then something must be wrong in your nose or sinuses and your ENT must do whatever it takes to discover what the problem is.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Halitosisux wrote:

"...the nose has a mechanism of tiny hairs which transport and sweep mucus in the general direction of the throat. When an ENT wants to check the functioning of this mechanism, they use a tiny tablet containing a sweetener which is placed into the nostril where it slowly dissolves. If things are normal you start to taste the sweet on your tongue after about 15 minutes."

This would indicate that whatever is in your nose winds up on the back of your tongue - a definite suspect cause of white coating on the tongue, which always seems to be thickest in the back. Why? Because the connection between the sinuses and the throat is at the back of the tongue. The transfer mechanism must be post nasal drip.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Phantasist, PND, whether normal or excessive because of infection or allergies etc, is bound to be a factor in what happens on the dorsum of the tongue. But I think just as important in terms of this discussion, is the simple fact that this section of the tongue undergoes less abrasion (from eating & drinking etc) compared to the frontal two-thirds of the tongue, so this allows a buildup of slough to occur.

This explains why a full-coating (often accompanied by bad breath) is often observed when people go on religious fasts. It also occurs when people are generally unwell and not eating normally.

I think that mucus is like any other protein, in that it is generally an exacerbative rather than causative factor to any underlying cause of type-1 bad breath which may be present.

As I've said already though, coatings are not just dead cells, they are a result of what is happening microbially too.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Has anyone who suspects that their sinuses may be the cause of their bad breath ever tried one of these:-

http://www.hydromedonline.com/hp.html
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

@Jen
I also read Lisa posts and I am wondering if I should try Metrodinazol too but I am afraid of the negative effects of antibiotics on my body....especially that my bb started after taking some strong antibiotics ... I am just confused. Please let me know if it works for you.

@halitosisux
I was sure before that the smell comes from my throat and now I know that it is also from the nose, in fact these days that I have bb I feel my head to be heavy and my ears and throat are on fire itching and burning. I believe whatever the infection is , it has developed to my sinuses, throat ears and nose passages.

My ENT did not want to tell me about the smell and I did not speak to him about that...First he told me that I should take the sinus problem seriously and I should take my drugs on time and when I told him that I am afraid of side effects and I will probably not take them all, he became angry and told me that my nose/throat are infected and smell bad...I felt very embarrassed...that was it.

You know guys (as I wrote in another topic) I recently did a blood test not for bb of course, but I noticed one of the items is very very high. when I searched the internet I realized that it means my white blood cells are reacting to sth very harshly this can be a very bad allergy to sth or an infection in my body. I am planning to go to an allergy clinic though I am not sure if they can help. :roll:
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

clara0 wrote:@Jen
I also read Lisa posts and I am wondering if I should try Metrodinazol too but I am afraid of the negative effects of antibiotics on my body....especially that my bb started after taking some strong antibiotics ... I am just confused. Please let me know if it works for you.
Oh my gosh, I do not usually use this kind of language, but I'm totally f@#ed. I finish the antibiotics tomorrow and my mouth feels fresh. I don't even feel the need to jump out of bed in the morning to rush off and brush my teeth. I couldn't wait to check reactions at work to see what's really going on.

My colleague who usually speaks to me from the door, came in after a while and stood next to me. I thought, wow, he doesn't smell me. But then he shot off like a rocket and I also got a whiff of dirty baby diapers. The smell is not powerful, but noticeable and it hangs like a light cloud around me.

Guys, my IBS or whatever it is, is killing me. I had a wonderful, healthy BM this morning and now this. I don't feel gassy or bloated, so it's coming from my mouth or my pores. And it is not the antibiotics, I've had this experience before.

I normally use psyllium (which definitely 100% got rid of my nasal odour) and probiotics and omega 3. I also recently started L-glutamine, which gave me the impression that it might work, but I stopped all my supplements when I started taking the antibiotics, because I didn't want anything to interfere with it. I'll resume these after tomorrow and hope that it will work.
hoping

Post by hoping »

Hi Jen

I got a rotten egg/fecal BB and nose BB when I was taking metronidazole. I think I cannot metabolize this drug completely. I wonder if it is a sulphur substrate drug? :-k

I believe a couple of days after you stop taking metronidazole, the baby diaper smell will be gone.
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

Hi Hoping

Thanks for your reply. I'll see what happens, especially when I start using my supplements again. I actually didn't really think the antibiotics would help, but at least I tried. Hope the psyllium helps for you. Did you ever try the flaxseeds mentioned in another post?
hoping

Post by hoping »

Hi Jen,

Metronidazole didn't do a thing for me. However, Neomycin gave me about 1 week of BB and nose BB free period. I won't take Neomycin again because the relief was temporary.

For me, psyllium husk works well with a low protein diet (absolutely no meat and no high protein content food). Thanks for the tips.

Flaxseeds contains protein and I may not take it.

What's your diet like? Do you eat meat/dairy/egg?
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

Hoping, what you say about protein is very interesting to me. Eggs and most foods make no difference to my bb, so I eat basically everything. I do try to limit sugar and wheat though (the latter for my IBS). I've been on a high protein diet and my breath was very bad then, but I don't know whether it was the protein, although I suspected that my body doesn't deal very well with lots of protein. I also limit dairy to try and reduce pnd. Why do you limit proteins?
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

@Jen
Hey Jen if you have IBS I believe you need a short period of break from meat and some colon cleaning.
For almost 2 years I had very bad IBS, I needed to go to the toilet every 10 minutes after eating and I had horrible pain+ other symptoms, I was thinking that I had cancer or sth like it but I cut out meat (all types) and IBS disappeared after 3 weeks.Then I took some anti-parasites and ate lots of vegetables for a while , they may have helped me too but I am not sure...and I tested eating meat 2 times and IBS came back like a monster. So I cut it out for 1 year and now I am cured when I am eating meat there is no problem.

The thing that I read before is IBS is a side effects of antibiotics so I think it is not wise to take them when you have IBS.
hoping

Post by hoping »

Hi Jen,
I can smell my nose BB and BB. I know protein gives me garlic x dirty socks smell.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic