Your Email Address:

First Name:

I am not sure if you want to get better?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
deebo

Post by deebo »

hali_grl wrote: I think maybe we are in denial in my opinion...alot of us still want to believe that our bb is coming from our mouths...therefore we try all these new mouth washes, rinses, and gums. But when someone mentions tmau or other metabolic issues that are more likely the cause of extraoral bb we want to skate around this or just pretend it doesn't exist bc this maybe out of our control. I was the same way before I started looking more into it as a possibilty.
there is a malodor webinar tomorrow on fmo3 /tmau type issues .
http://www.rareconnect.org/en/community ... nar-series lets connect ,ask questions , comment, learn .

Frantix

Post by Frantix »

[Okay, then why is my mouth always so dry?]

It´s mental stress.
Due to the improvements I made I meanwhile feel some kind of "confident" about my breath...but as soon as I am in contact with other people these "do I stink?"-thoughts keep overwhelming me, which reduce my saliver and my problem increases. stress is one of my worst enemies at the moment. I wish I could encounter people with the serenity I have when I´m at home.

If you still feel like your saliver is too little you can test it on your own (I did it myself these days):
You should do it around 9-11 o´clock in the morning and 1 hour after eating or drinking.
You need a small measuring cup that is really accurate. I had some of mouthwasches I bought and one of them go down till 2,5ml. Just before you start the test swallow all your saliver. You now have to lean your head over the cup and let the saliver flow into the cup. Don´t do any spitting-movements. Just let it accumulate till it drops out (in my case it took a minute for the first drop). Do this for 5 minutes (or longer if you want). At the end take all the remaining saliver from your mouth and spit into the cup. Now calculate the quantity down to one minute. Normal unstimulated saliver flow should be around 0,3-0,4 ml per minute.
I know that it is not the accuratest way you can do the test but it should give you a good evidence if you saliver is really way to little. Real dry mouth symptomes are under 0,1 ml per minute.

I got this from a scientific rescource (for those who speak german): http://www.stud-dents.de/fileadmin/down ... Skript.pdf
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic