Your Email Address:

First Name:

Laser Tonsil Stones

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
VICKSTER
Advanced

Laser Tonsil Stones

Post by VICKSTER »

Has anyone been cured by having their tonsils lazered to remove stones. Does anyone know anything about Dr. Krespi , in New York ? Any success stories with his work ? Thanks

Gooner
Junior

Post by Gooner »

I had partial laser removal done in the UK in around February. I dont get the stones any more but the odours are back like normal.

My advice would be if you are going to do it go for the 90%+ reduction under general anaesthetic. It costs more but you dont want to be in my position now of thinking of going back to do it again.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

I also had them partially removed, and I think it helped me.
But slowly with the years, the tonsils regenerated again and now I have tonsil stones again.

I don't know if I dare to do that procedure again.

Maybe you could just go for a regular Tonsillectomy.
missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

how about having your tongue lasered
VICKSTER
Advanced

Laser Tongue

Post by VICKSTER »

Thanks for the replies. Dr. Krespi said he would laser tonsil crypts and then the back of tongue in the same procedure. He showed me pictures he took of the dorsal ( back of ) my tongue and it was coated with a white substance, he will clean that out as well. Has anyone had the throat done as well as the tongue ? How was the recovery , any tips ?
Having this done mid August will report back. Thanks
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Good luck to you vickster! I have my tonsils removed trough a traditional tonsilectomy ( I think it was in 2004) and I certainly don't regret it.
Last edited by jess on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mousie
Total Newbie

Post by Mousie »

Vickster,

Please respond after your surgery with details to let us know how it worked. I just had my tonsils laser by dr. Schwimmer in Dallas. He told me my tonsils were not ideal for the procedure and that he would not be able to reduce them all that much, but maybe I would get a 10 percent improvement. I still have crypts and get some tonsil stones after the procedure but not as many as I used to. Dr. Schwimmer also recommended that I get turbinate coblation in my nose - did krespi mention this to you? It cold possibly help reduce the white coating on your tongue from post nasal drip. I've noticed mine is now pinker in the front but still white in the way back.

He said the turbinate coblation would reduce post nasal drip and they could reduce bb by 50 percent. I am still healing from that procedure and it's too soon to tell if it's helped yet. Just curious what dr. Krespi thinks about the procedure. Keeping my fingers crossed these 2 procedures will help!
VICKSTER
Advanced

Mousie

Post by VICKSTER »

Mousie,
I already had turbinate surgery last year along with the removal of Concha Bullosa. It helped but I still have BB in conversation, was told by ENT that tonsil was not a problem..... way to small to have stones.
I saw Dr. Krespi on TV last week and thought I would get his opinion... turns out he found lots of stones and a biofiml,.he had much better technology. He is going to breakdown biofilm and laser crypts. He told me to swim in a cholrine pool, brush 3 times a day, and scrape the tongue gently. He also said to use non -alcohol based mouth wash. I will be having my procedure in mid August. I will report back Asap . I heard it takes about 2 weeks to know if it worked.
How successful was your procedure ?
Mousie
Total Newbie

Post by Mousie »

Vicster,

It's still too early to say if the turbinate coblation helped bc it was less than 2 weeks ago.

I should probably know more in 3 to 6 weeks.

As far as the laser tonsillectomy, if I had been a good candidate ( meaning having large tonsils) I think it would have been a lot more effective. The doctor said he wouldnt be able to get rid of all my crypts and he didnt. So I still get tonsil stones. But I'm hoping the turbinate coblation will reduce pnd, which will result in even fewer tonsil stones.

Still, I don't regret doing the laser tonsillectomy. I think it helped a little.
VICKSTER
Advanced

Laser Tonsil Procedure

Post by VICKSTER »

It is 7 days after my laser surgery to remove crypts and stones in my tonsils by Dr. Krespi. All I can say is OUCH! That was more pain then I thought it would be. I feel no different yet, I guess the tissue has to heal . I just wanted to let you know . The procedure was not bad at all but after very sore throat. He did not remove the biofilm, he said it would be too much so I have to go back in September.
Hope it did some good because that was 6 days of no talking or eating much. Just incase you are thinking of doing this you can speak but it really hurts..... good thing I did it over summer break . Report back in a few weeks.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Great that you're reporting back Vickster. Can you give more details about the procedures (how long did it take, were you completely awake, partially sedated, etc?) Also, did you pay out of pocket? Or did your insurance cover it? Hope you see some improvement pretty soon!!
VICKSTER
Advanced

Tonsil Laser Procedure

Post by VICKSTER »

The prodedure was like a dental visit, he used novacaine to numb me . You then hold your breath when he is lasering you( i felt nothing). The procedure took 20 minutes. Dr. Krespi is very nice and gentle. In the pre surgical visit he said he would also laser my tongue and get rid of the biofilm , but he changed his mind during the surgery. So Ihave to go back in Sept. He said it would be too much.
They tell you will have a sore throat, you can not eat solids for 5-6 days. Post surgery , I took an Aleve on the way to Penn Station in the cab, by the time I got on the train the intense pain had calm down. I brought a bottle of water with me .... it proved to save me. You have to drink a lot to cool it down, I guess. It was not so bad I ate pasta with butter at night. Dr. Krespi gave me Amoxicillin and Lidocane and Tylenol with codiene for my sore throat, they also said to gargle with Peroxide every few hours for 3 days.Talking proved to be painful for several days , Sunday I turned the corner and was my old self. Saturday night we went out with old friends and they said my breath was terrible, but I hope that was the surgery. Today is one week... I feel much better, but wonder how my breath is and if not doing the biofilm means something?
VICKSTER
Advanced

Insurance FYI

Post by VICKSTER »

Dr. Krespi is out of net work for my insurance, it was $2,700.00 of which I will get back 80% of what they consider " fair Price ". PS. Dr. Krespi work for North Shore LIJ .... he can not change his fees as some doctors can.Also you pay before the surgery takes place. I also paid $ 300.00 for the consult. Total $ 3,000.00 to Dr. Krespi ! Let's hope it was worth it.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Great details vickster,thanx.
But $2700! Ouchhh!! that's very expensive (I think) for a 20-minute procedure. Hope it works for you even if it's a little bit [-o< [-o<
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic